NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

need info on parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 11:44 PM

need info on parts

hey,
i need parts for my car.
intake, exhaust, headers, lsd eventually, and suspension.
What exhaust sounds the best and y
I want to buy something that sounds clean, not too loud, but a nice deep sound. I want the apexi N1 dual exhaust but im too broke. I also need to get intake. which is the best? ANd headers,
should i even get headers? someone please help me decide on what to buy. any help or opinions would be much appreciated.
thanks
Old 06-18-2005, 02:48 AM
Contributing Member

this is your car we cant help you decide what to get...we can tell you what we like but we cant tel you what is right for your car...

you want the n1 duals so save money and get it.. same with everything else for your car... befor deciding on what you get start saving money... you have to have the cash to get the parts... then while ou are saving money research the parts you are thinking about buying... if it is exhaust systems.. go to google and search for nissan exhaust systems... look and see what you can find... then pick the best of what you find...

this is your car build it how you want it... and get the parts you want... dont get the parts everyone tells you to get...
Old 06-18-2005, 05:22 AM

Look, Ive been wanting to get an exhaust for awhile too, and im going to be doing it shortly (and I have the money) the thing is that i keep hearing these exhausts that have that crappy high pitched whine, like a wind up car. I want something that is throaty and deep (like a Firebird kinda sound) Even though Ive done TONS of research on exhausts, people dont say what they sound like. I am actually about to buy the N1 Dual Exhaust, but i dont do it b/c i dont know if it will have the sound that I want. So, could someone fill me in on what they have, and if it sounds good? thats what I really want to know.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:07 AM

wikd240 is right. start with your research and then ask about the brands you are considering.
no one will tell you what to put on your car (its YOUR car).
best anyone can do is tell you about their experiences with certain parts, then its all up to you.
Old 06-19-2005, 12:34 AM
Contributing Member

that firebird or mustang deep sound will never come out of a 240 tail pipe... there is just no way to get that sound... i know what the n 1 sounds like... it is a deep rumble but no where near that of a v8... i cant speak on the dual because i do not know how it sounds... the hks is also a deep sound... out of the 2 i like the n1 better... but that is just me...

on another note... most of the loud fart pipe sound (what i call it) that you hear is because people put the stupid autozone mufflers on their cars in place of the stock muffler... sounds like *** or a pissed off bumble bee... stay away from getting just a muffler unless you are also going to have custom pipes bent...
Old 06-19-2005, 02:03 AM

BARNDOG.

obviously you haven't done that much research.

Go to zilvia.net then technical. Theres a sound clip of an apexn1 dual right there. I think it's a kouki s14.. i could be wrong but that's what it looks like to me.. should sound similar so your s13.
Old 06-19-2005, 01:36 PM

If you spend the money on a HKS or Apexi, you arent going to get a whine up fart can sound. That comes from cheap *** mufflers that the civic boys put on their cars...I've heard both HKS and Apexi exhausts, and have never heard one that sounds like a fart can. They are both deep and throaty, but like wikd said...you aren't going to get a "muscle" car sound out of your 240.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:41 PM

thanks everyone. I know i cant get a muscle car sound out of my 240. who said that any way??
o well
thanks again
Old 06-20-2005, 03:15 AM
Contributing Member

barndog actually said it and we answered his post as well as yours... he wants a firebird sounding exhaust...
Old 06-20-2005, 02:45 PM
Contributing Member

I have a N1 Dual... without silencers and above 3000k rpms it is definitely loud. It doesn't sound like a fart can either~ not as deep as the american cars but trust me it comes close and you won't be complaining about it sounding like crap. Strapped to a stock KA motor, you should definitely feel a lil bit more of a kick on the high end. It's a bit on the pricey side, but worth the money imo... only downside for me was I kept on getting pulled over before getting silencers~ but then again cops are some serious serious @$$holes in my town.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:45 PM

Re: need info on parts

Originally posted by ninjanick1
hey,
i need parts for my car.
intake, exhaust, headers, lsd eventually, and suspension.
What exhaust sounds the best and y
I want to buy something that sounds clean, not too loud, but a nice deep sound. I want the apexi N1 dual exhaust but im too broke. I also need to get intake. which is the best? ANd headers,
should i even get headers? someone please help me decide on what to buy. any help or opinions would be much appreciated.
thanks
I bought my pacesetter CAT back for $220 on ebay the welding looks like shiat, but the chrome tips are nice and it sounds THROATY, not like a ricer.
Here I left a pic of my install from a few months back, I get to use a lift HE HEHE HAHA........
Attached Thumbnails need info on parts-pacesetter-exh.jpg  

Last edited by BigVinnie; 06-26-2005 at 06:55 PM.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:46 PM

Here is the install on the lift took me 15 minutes.....
The pacesetter comes with clamps, I ended up welding mine together I want it to be strong with no leaks........
Attached Thumbnails need info on parts-pacesetter-240.jpg  

Last edited by BigVinnie; 06-27-2005 at 08:27 AM.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:49 PM

As far as headers are concerned if you don't live in Cali get the OBX for $165 on EBAY best price you will ever find.
I stick with name brand filters so I would go with a K&N.....

If you do live in Cali get the DC sport header it is DOT approved, but will cost you $300.00.

Last edited by BigVinnie; 06-27-2005 at 08:28 AM.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:38 PM

Here is my finished pacesetter product............
Looks fine to me and sounds throaty.........
If you didn't notice I have a rare Coupe Model with VLSD, HEHE HAHA...........
Attached Thumbnails need info on parts-finished-pacesetter......jpg