S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   NA Motor (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/na-motor-11/)
-   -   newb qeastion (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/na-motor-11/newb-qeastion-14175/)

hatchxceler8tio 07-16-2004 03:47 PM

newb qeastion

I drive a 90 SE model. Wondering if anyone off the top of their head can tell me how many quarts of oil I need? I know i can fill and look, but heh..if someone can tell me that I can save myself on some bottles this time. Thanks in advance!

crimsontide240 07-16-2004 04:09 PM

4 i believe

SneakyMilo 07-16-2004 05:10 PM

4 if you don't change your filter, 6 if you change your filter.

-HyJynX- 07-16-2004 05:27 PM

6 w/ filter change?

Isn't it 4 w/ and w/o filter change?

JeromeS13 07-16-2004 08:50 PM

Originally posted by SneakyMilo
4 if you don't change your filter, 6 if you change your filter.

Please, if you don't know what you're talking about, do not give advice. Our cars DO NOT hold 6 quarts of oil.

FSM says 3 3/4 quarts with filter.

WTF kind of oil filter are you using if it adds an additional 2 quarts?

SneakyMilo 07-16-2004 10:17 PM

Sorry dunno wtf I was typing there. I mean to say 4 qts and w/o filter change you are leaving about a quart of dirty in engine. Dunno where the hell I got the six from sorry bud.

Oh and Jeromes13... if you cannot post without being a dick please turn off your modem.

Sometimes peoples minds wander and they say/type things they didn't mean to.

Along with that note, I am using an ultra-JDM-type-R-VTEC Oil filter which adds 2 quarts to my oil capacity. It adds like 25 hp at the wheels bro, honest.

hatchxceler8tio 07-16-2004 10:44 PM

thanks guy..haha just picked up my 240 last week. I know almost nothing about this car. But so far, I'm loving it. Just got out of the honda game. Thumbs up to this forum and the quick replies!

JeromeS13 07-17-2004 07:47 AM

Originally posted by SneakyMilo
Sorry dunno wtf I was typing there. I mean to say 4 qts and w/o filter change you are leaving about a quart of dirty in engine. Dunno where the hell I got the six from sorry bud.

Oh and Jeromes13... if you cannot post without being a dick please turn off your modem.

Sometimes peoples minds wander and they say/type things they didn't mean to.

Along with that note, I am using an ultra-JDM-type-R-VTEC Oil filter which adds 2 quarts to my oil capacity. It adds like 25 hp at the wheels bro, honest.

Hmm... I simply said, "Please, if you don't know what you're talking about, do not give advice."

If you take that as me being a dick, grow up. It was a very simple and straightforward reply. And, do you not take it to be true? What would have happened if someone actually followed those guidelines? Yeah, some people aren't smart enough not to believe everything they read...

So, again, if you don't fully understand or know what you're telling someone, don't tell them...

Bryan 07-17-2004 09:41 AM

Please stop the arguing, cant we all just get along:p

-HyJynX- 07-17-2004 06:39 PM

Originally posted by s13 240
Please stop the arguing, cant we all just get along:p
x2