S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   NA Motor (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/na-motor-11/)
-   -   power cut out (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/na-motor-11/power-cut-out-40533/)

pourinitup 08-01-2007 04:52 PM

power cut out

well heres a story just as i was comin home today on the freeway my power kept shutting off and clicking back on.....when im going 60-85 it didnt really do it when i was slower then 60 but like my rpms would drop then and the power would shut off then like 1 seconds later or less it would pop back on...any thoughts?

positron 08-01-2007 06:23 PM

That used to happen when I first bought the car, had a loose battery cable that kept sliding off the terminal. Check that.

pourinitup 08-01-2007 06:41 PM

ooo good thinkin my battery cable is like stretched to its last mm to fit lol and the battery is sorta tilted :/ i should really fix that lol

seanchris16 08-01-2007 08:08 PM

it might also be a loose m.a.f or loose intake but also def check the terminal

ryguy 08-01-2007 10:39 PM

Dying alternator?

pourinitup 08-02-2007 01:31 PM

its possible but i just had it replaced by gregs like 4 months ago or less

pourinitup 08-02-2007 03:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
heres some pick of the engine...look at the battery cable thats new and under it is corroded and everytime i hit a bump it shuts off too
Attachment 21472

and is this supposed to b plugged into anything

Attachment 21473

Attachment 21474

bucket240 08-02-2007 07:50 PM

Hell yeah that is sapoose to be plugged in to something. That is plugged into your radiator hose housing that goes into your motor!!!! In other words, it a temp sensor!! Its located to the left of your red plug next to your throttle body.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...e/IMG00027.jpg

pourinitup 08-02-2007 08:55 PM

see what i mean the guy who had my engine before me totally killed it by trying to rig it and do everything himself, but on the other hand my temp guage works is the temp sensor have to do with the guage, what exactly does the temp sensor do?

and also i was thinking back to what positron said about battery terminal. my positive battery terminal looks bad, but never the less, i was informed that once your engine is running it runs off of the alternator so if ur battery terminal disconnects your car wouldnt shut off? i that correct or am i a little off

and ill get more engine pics...theres a few things that looks like they should be plugged in but aren't

ryguy 08-03-2007 01:13 PM

Your battery is still needed to complete the circuit. If the car is running and you attached the two terminals together it would run, but if you have a loose terminal it will kill the engine.

Biggamehit 08-03-2007 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by pourinitup (Post 328567)
see what i mean the guy who had my engine before me totally killed it by trying to rig it and do everything himself,

nothing wrong with that at all.. now if he totally screwed things up and you bought the car bro.. that was maybe a bad choice on your part... buying other people projects does that to you...

have you solved the issue yet??

pourinitup 08-03-2007 02:16 PM

not yet ima start workin on it in bout 1 hour or 2 and i know its my fault for buy this piecer but that was just why im gettin a new engine thats not rigged.

but ill take more pics or the engine and his rigged ****

pourinitup 08-03-2007 04:50 PM

somethin is already plugged into the temp sensor besides that and today i wiggled a bunch of **** and pressed some stuff in u know just somethin stupid and it made it so every tiny bump doesnt turn it off but now only the big ones do

bucket240 08-04-2007 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by pourinitup (Post 328733)
somethin is already plugged into the temp sensor besides that and today i wiggled a bunch of **** and pressed some stuff in u know just somethin stupid and it made it so every tiny bump doesnt turn it off but now only the big ones do

???????? didnt understand a word you said ????????

pourinitup 08-04-2007 01:41 PM

ok yesterday i messed with ****..ok now the the car only shuts off when i hit big bumps...instead of every lil bump in the road