S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Northeast (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/northeast-32/)
-   -   Looking for a shop in/around NY.... (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/northeast-32/looking-shop-around-ny-4280/)

Monkey Force 06-09-2003 12:22 AM

Looking for a shop in/around NY....

Need to find a shop... Heavythrottle doesnt tune anymore :(

StanBo 06-18-2003 04:01 PM

Re: Looking for a shop in/around NY....

Originally posted by Monkey Force
Need to find a shop... Heavythrottle doesnt tune anymore :(
You are in NYC?

driftlover78 07-02-2003 06:17 PM

what do you mean by "tune"?? check out my buddies garage, it is located in middletown, ny . J-SPEC. His name is Johnny and he told this guy warren everything about a SR swap and then the guy went to heavy throttle. then when he had LOTS OF PROBLEMS with the car he kept asking my man Johnny what he should to fix the car, then go back to heavy throttle and have them do it!! so call my man tell him Paul from Carquest sent ya :thumb: 845-343-0707 if it has a motor my man can fix it, for a fee of course.....

I'm with Stupid 07-02-2003 07:04 PM

Originally posted by driftlover78
what do you mean by "tune"?? check out my buddies garage, it is located in middletown, ny . J-SPEC.
You know who owns J-SPEC? I've passed by there once going to ECS (which sucks BTW) and was curious what they do or have there. Care to enlighten me?:idea:

Monkey Force 07-03-2003 07:18 AM

I am going to NY, i thought in August but now its gonna be in Jan... great:( go from hot ass okinawa summer to NY winter....s|hit.

tune = put parts on a car, make 'em work and troubleshoot. This includes the actual tuning of the comp too.... which I do not know how to do :(. So when I get bigger better parts i need someone who can tune it for me :)

J SPEC huh? is it anywhere near Ft. Drum ?

StanBo 07-03-2003 08:12 PM

Originally posted by Monkey Force
I am going to NY, i thought in August but now its gonna be in Jan... great:( go from hot ass okinawa summer to NY winter....s|hit.

tune = put parts on a car, make 'em work and troubleshoot. This includes the actual tuning of the comp too.... which I do not know how to do :(. So when I get bigger better parts i need someone who can tune it for me :)

J SPEC huh? is it anywhere near Ft. Drum ?

We have some friends that are tuning their own and work with shops. You can just post what you are running and find a like person. :D

Can't wait to meet the man behind the monkey hhahahahha

Monkey Force 07-04-2003 02:21 AM

I hear NYC is pretty far from Ft. Drum........... I refuse to enter that place anyway. Im a country boy:cool:

BTW, its "Munki" not "monkey" ;)

driftlover78 07-04-2003 07:59 AM

well J-SPEC does any kind of work, foreign (spell check) and domestic, motor swaps whatever, as for FT. Drum.. I have no idea where that is. like i said just call ask for Johnny or better go see him because he is very busy. hope this info helps:D

Noodles 07-04-2003 09:30 AM

I always drive by J-spec and its always packed. A car I like there is that red prelude. Nice.

I'm with Stupid 07-04-2003 11:11 AM

They have good prices? Or am I better off ordering online?

Monkey Force 07-04-2003 05:27 PM

Ft Drum is upper east side, West of the Adirondaks, right beside Montreal.

driftlover78 07-04-2003 05:27 PM

as for parts.. online is almost always cheaper. He is actually looking to do a sr20 swap . any takers?

I'm with Stupid 07-04-2003 06:58 PM

Originally posted by driftlover78
He is actually looking to do a sr20 swap . any takers?
Is it free? Cause it's kinda odd he'd be looking for one. Not like there's a demand around here anyway. I think I'll stick to my garage...:D

driftlover78 07-05-2003 02:57 PM

he just wants to do one to keep on top of his game :thumb:

Monkey Force 07-06-2003 12:13 AM

It'll be a little while but im certainly up for it, as long as I can help ;)............