S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/)
-   -   best and worst movies of '09 (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/best-worst-movies-09-a-46650/)

jramosthe1st! 01-01-2010 05:43 PM

best and worst movies of '09

with 2009 out of the way it's time for another somewhat annual movie review list. here is my list of best and worst, i'll list them as they come to mind starting with the best.

taken - i loved this movie, the plot was straight forward and plenty of action from start to finish.

inglorious basterds - i'm not a tarantino fan nor was i able to follow some parts becuase of the lack of subtitles and not speaking french or german. but i enjoy the movie for the most part.

up - i was entertained from start to finish.

the informant - i don't know exactly what it was about this movie but i liked it.

tyson - while i don't care for some of the editing, it was a very in depth and honest view of perhaps one of the greatest boxers of all time.

the messenger - it wasn't so much that i liked the movie, but rather the intent to show dark side and consequences of war.

district 9 - with all the sci fi stuff out of the way there were some very relevant and thought provoking issues addressed in this movie. anyone who saw the movie and knows a bit of where it took place would understand.

avatar - much like "the last samurai"; but in outer space, 10" tall blue cat like aliens.

now the bad

gi joe - i was looking forward to watching this movie but quite frankly it sucked. marlin waynes ruined and already struggling movie.

the hang over - other than getting to see iron mike lay out one of the guys, this move sucked, and sucked bad. the plot was all over the place, the dialog was lame and just not funny at all.

dragonball evolution - the idea was there but this isn't one of those cartoons that turn out too well when made into an actual movie.

i'm sure i say a few other good and not so good movies but those are the one i remember.

battosaii930 01-01-2010 07:02 PM

only movie i liked all year was Avatar.... well ill say its my favorite movie

maybe i was bored and i wasnt expecting much and i saw it in Imax 3-d thats why it impressed me so much or maybe it was just a good movie or maybe both.

anyway i really enjoyed the movie like i havnt enjoyed a movie in years and it was better then i expected.

now as for worst movie.....

The Men who Stare at goats

all i can say is i was expecting much more from the commercials and it was severely disappointed.

jbt_92 01-01-2010 10:32 PM

I loved the Hangover. haha

shaban 01-01-2010 11:14 PM

The Hangover was pretty stupid. It had it's funny points, but not a great movie. I watched it tonight.

ErizSR 01-02-2010 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by jbt_92 (Post 393758)
I loved the Hangover. haha

agreed. I like stupid comedies tho.

also just saw Avatar 3d last night, it was saweet!

Friday the 13th was awful!!!

jbt_92 01-02-2010 03:15 PM

Friday the 13th was probably the stupidest movie of all time. haha. Horrible.

USMCDrifter 01-02-2010 04:27 PM

I thought Ice Age 2 was pretty good . . .

*looks around*

hatrick6 01-03-2010 07:00 AM

I really liked: Taken, Transformers 2, and Avatar.

Anybody see Boondock Saints 2? I really want to see that movie but haven't yet

1SXY240 01-03-2010 09:53 AM

I liked Paranormal Activity lol anyone else?

jbt_92 01-03-2010 11:10 AM

Paranormal Activity was good. But not near as scary as people made it out to be.

silviaks2nr 01-03-2010 01:05 PM

paranormal activity was horrible. I wanted 2 hours of my life back after watching that.

the hangover was great
zombieland was also great
district 9 was good
GI jo was f***** horrible

shaban 01-03-2010 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by USMCDrifter (Post 393771)
I thought Ice Age 2 was pretty good . . .

*looks around*

It's Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

And it was ****ing amazing.

crazydrifter 01-06-2010 02:27 PM

Taken was the best movie ever!

and a friend of mine has boondock saints 2 but i havent had the time to watch it yet, cant wait to check it out.

jramosthe1st! 01-06-2010 03:30 PM

paranormal activity sucked. other than a shadow on bedroom door dragging that girl out of bed i saw nothing interesting in the entire movie.