S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/)
-   -   Do cavaliers have superchargers?? (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/do-cavaliers-have-superchargers-10477/)

ryan15 03-02-2004 10:51 PM

Do cavaliers have superchargers??

Are there any automatic 2002 chevy cavaliers that come stock with superchargers, cuz this kid swears his car has one and it came with it but I dont see it under the hood? Im not dumb with car either. It has a plastic intake manifold BTW just thought I might add that lol
Ryan

-HyJynX- 03-02-2004 11:59 PM

I'm 90% sure they arent..but they are more powerful then the usual cava's

tommyboy 03-03-2004 10:41 AM

I know that GM makes a supercharger kit for the Cavalier, but dont know if it comes stock from the factory like that.

Sil40_Mayhem 03-04-2004 04:50 AM

having owned a Cavvy before, i can tell u there is no such beast. the top of the line "performance" model was the Z24 (which i think has been discontinued as of '02). and there was no factory S/C option. as a matter of fact, i don't think that ANY J bodies have a factory option for S/C. i know the Pontiac Grand Prix does, but i'm pretty sure it's not a J body.

kcnoir 03-04-2004 11:37 AM

GM supercharger is available only for 2000-2002 2.4L DOHC. And I believe it doesn't come standard from the showroom. But you can purchase the kit from GM dealers for sure.

That thing should be really easy to see 'coz it's a roots-type s/c. plus, GM only offers it for 5spd, no AT. That's what they say in GM website at least...:confused:

Hope that helps...

Dounveeme 03-05-2004 07:41 PM

next time he says that ask him to point it out to you. then when he points at his alternater that makes a whine noise from the belt go no stupid! that just keeps your batery charged! as you slap him upside his head. lol

but yea you would deffinatly see a supercharger under the hood if it had one wich im willing to bet it doesnt.

Sil40_Mayhem 03-06-2004 07:43 AM

this just in, breaking news

after thumbing through this month's issue of Motor Trend (the one w/the Ford Cobra V10 and Carroll Shelby on the cover), i've learned something pretty interesting. apparently, when the Cavalier dies this year, it's replacement (the Cobalt) will have a factory version availble with a supercharger. supposedly, GM (actually the Chevrolet division) wants to go after Civic, Focus, and Corolla market shares. so this car will come in 140hp, 170hp, and an S/C'd version good for "around 200hp". i think the S/C'd version is supposed to hit showrooms about a year after the Cobalt's release.

bottom line: unless ur homey got a pre-released engineering sample of this S/C'd Cobalt, he's pretty much talking out of the side of his neck.:confused:

TORONTO240sx 03-06-2004 08:16 AM

Well...I can't lie I am GM fan being an ex camaro owner, a current Lesabre owner and a future Grand National owner. But I can tell you the Cavalier never came with a supercharger from the factory, I know there is a super charger available for the 2.4L Z24/Sunfire GT engine from 1995 to 2002 it boosts the horse power from 150hp to 205hp.