S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/)
-   -   Drift Bible Owners = professional D1.... not. (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/drift-bible-owners-%3D-professional-d1-not-7765/)

l2aine 11-28-2003 05:46 AM

Drift Bible Owners = professional D1.... not.

Okay - I have the Drift Bible. I learned from it. Does that mean I'm "mr. professional D1GP I eat Tsuchiya for lunch badass superstar 240SX driver"? Negatron...

...with that in mind, at least I can drift. I've learned it, and I spent the time, effort, and some $$ on it. The "Drift Bible" was helpful in getting technical about how each drift is done, which didn't replace, but ADDED onto what I had researched for the past 5 years or so. Therefore I don't think I'm considered "drift illiterate". Now then, what the hell am I talking about?

EXAMPLE ONE (real situation):
Lately I've been coming across kiddies going up to me at like the mall or the supermarket - whatever, asking if I drift or if I want to drift against them because "they have Drift Bible". And then they start throwing out "side-brake" and "power over" talking about it like it was fused into their brains, but then when I ask "so what do you drive?" I get this response:

"...when I get my license I'm getting a Silvia RPS14 and I'm gonna drop a SR20DETT in it... what? What does your car have?"

OH MY GOD if only I was the violent type... LOL

Anyone experience this "n00b" phenomina?

EXAMPLE TWO (real situation):
Went with a couple of friends to Autobacs to check it out, and they knew NOTHING about drifting until they saw "Drift Bible" on demo. They liked it, they bought it, I thought it was good because they were willing to learn and get into drifting. 2 weeks later, one of them (after watching Drift Bible countless times for over 3 days) jumps a curb and does about $3k damage... in his mom's 4-sp auto Infiniti sedan. Now he has to sell his FC he just bought to pay for the damages... and he's saying that it's kind of "my fault" because I'm mr. pro drifter (read example #1) and I should have warned him about drifting... an automatic... sedan.. in a residential area...

right.

OKAY SHARE STORIES RELATED TO DRIFT BIBLE GO
:thumb:

StanBo 11-28-2003 06:51 AM

I would love to move out by you. Maybe I will just visit. I have only met one person like this.

A 300zxTT owner. He asked if I had a SR and I told him no. He shot off a rasberry (you know ffpppppppt rolling his eyes). I told him either start your car and lets play or shut the **** up. I told him first turn I will drift around you and drop you like a bad habit.

Straights he would kill me.

I hate suckers. That is why I drive a truck. No one talks **** to me in that. They also think I am a big joke.

Drifters don't drive Ford Rangers.

l2aine 11-28-2003 07:40 AM

Well I'm Wessyde so I get more of the n00b action out huuuuuur cuh, you know what I'm sayin G? :D LOL

-HyJynX- 11-28-2003 10:52 AM

Lol...and this can only happen in south cali:rolleyes: :laugh:

l2aine 11-28-2003 06:02 PM

Originally posted by -HyJynX-
Lol...and this can only happen in south cali:rolleyes: :laugh:
You know it Jynx... you know it.:thumb:

-HyJynX- 11-28-2003 09:42 PM

Originally posted by l2aine
You know it Jynx... you know it.:thumb:
seriously lol:laugh: :confused: One of the only bad things about south cali..

l2aine 11-28-2003 10:18 PM

It's because of Hollyweird. But hey at least it's not boring out here :)

NinjaKadet 11-29-2003 12:08 AM

I picked up my Drift Bible actually on the day of the first D1 down in Irwindale Speedway. All I heard that it was in english, so I wanted to check it out and hear Tsuchiya's funny dubbed voice over. Not a bad deal either $20 bucks flat =D. Later I found it selling for $30 bucks.. lucky me.

Well anyways along with my story...

I go to school this one day and one guy I know comes out of nowhere going "hey Ken [me] dude I can drift! @ 70 degrees down my street" I was like really wow [sarcasm in my head] This guy is full of it.

[Him]
"The drift bible you let my watch...mayan I memorized it and now I can drift!"

[Me]
"Thats amazing.. mayabe you can show me when you have the time? So what kind of car do you have?"

[Him]
"AE86."

[Me]
"wow... just like the video eh?!"

[Him]
"yep.."

I don't think I have to explain much anymore... I just wanted to sock him...:p

s14.5boy 11-29-2003 01:36 AM

I let my friend barrow the DVD because he said he wanted to learn, so i said OK why not. Two days later he asked me to take him around in my car and drift, so i went to this construction site that i usually go play at and took him on a few turns. He looked scared and ready to crap his pants. Anyways a few days later he called me up aking if i can meet him, he was at the same construction site i play at with his 96 integra smaked right into a stack of wood used for the houses under construction. He blames me and my drift bible.

l2aine 11-29-2003 01:41 AM

Originally posted by s14.5boy
I let my friend barrow the DVD because he said he wanted to learn, so i said OK why not. Two days later he asked me to take him around in my car and drift, so i went to this construction site that i usually go play at and took him on a few turns. He looked scared and ready to crap his pants. Anyways a few days later he called me up aking if i can meet him, he was at the same construction site i play at with his 96 integra smaked right into a stack of wood used for the houses under construction. He blames me and my drift bible.
I think that gets filed with the countless, "...can I drift with my Integra/Civic/Accord?" questions.

..and if someone brings up that old Option 2 video where some guy was supposedly "drifting" with a primer black 1st gen Civic hatch, watch it agai. He wasn't drifting. He was dragging his ass all around the track LOL

StanBo 11-29-2003 08:29 AM

FF can drift. Just have to hit the turns 3x faster.

l2aine 11-29-2003 08:38 AM

Originally posted by StanBo
FF can drift. Just have to hit the turns 3x faster.
LOL

StanBo 11-29-2003 09:00 AM

Originally posted by l2aine
LOL
I hit a drift wednesday. Redlining second shifted to third down the straight and was hurting 3rd before kicking it sideways.

Everyone.

Just go faster!

240duffman 11-29-2003 11:09 AM

Not exactly related to the Drift Bible but: Went to the mall with the civic and had some Option video that just came in chillin on the front seat..I come out and this guy on a Paseo looking at me and talking to his buddy, I get on the car and he comes up : You drifting? me- umm, not now " cause I got this car and was looking for people who want to Drift the mountains...I look at him and just roll the window up.. Now I would have at least listened to what he had to said but not we you come up and think you are the " Dorikin"..

-HyJynX- 11-29-2003 11:24 AM

So he wanted to drift in the mountains with his paseo??? Id like to see that:laugh: ***Screeching tires...BOOM.*** "The mountain jumped at me and i hit it":rolleyes: :laugh: