S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/)
-   -   Drift Bible Owners = professional D1.... not. (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/drift-bible-owners-%3D-professional-d1-not-7765/)

Sil40_Mayhem 02-23-2004 04:45 AM

that was a sad, sad thing that happened to that zenki. poor car...:(

l2aine 02-23-2004 11:01 AM

Originally posted by Sil40_Mayhem
that was a sad, sad thing that happened to that zenki. poor car...:(
get over it. LOL j/k :p

Sil40_Mayhem 02-23-2004 11:39 AM

Originally posted by l2aine
get over it. LOL j/k :p
u get over PRON! lol:p

l2aine 02-23-2004 09:48 PM

pron pron pron pron

areitu 02-25-2004 12:11 PM

I knew about drifting long before any of my friends did. I'm not dumb enough to try anything stupid...anyway at D1GP during August last summer, my friend bought the Drift Bible. He said he didn't learn anything, but I watched it anyway. It added on to what I knew in addition to what I knew already...

Recently he's bought a '95 240SX and wants to compete with the big guys. He wants to put a black top SR20DET. He's already got his subwoofers and switches to cut his fuel pump and amps! If he has each sub pipe out to the left and right side of the car, he can cut off each amp with one of half-a-dozen switches in his DIN slot, and initiate drifts with it.

What's even sadder is that I can honestly say I can do a better job at "drifting" than he does. I don't call what he does in the rain "drifting," and I don't call what I do in the rain "drifting," either. It's more like sliding. After he bought the car, it was raining and he did a nice little tail-out in a wet parking lot, and that's, according to him, when he fell in love with the car.
Anyway, that same friend and I went "drifting" in the rain in his "Silvia" once, and I suggested that he try that thing where you lock the wheels with your clutch. He does it and he's like "WHOAAAA! I LOVE this car man! It's SOOOO smooth!"

There was one corner he took, he just kinda tailed out on it. I could have held the entire thing with two or three clutch-kicks. Also, the drift bible isn't a be-all-end-all "book" for drifting, but it's more there to give you some ideas. Dori Dori barely touches the e-brake...but Drifter-X pulls his as soon as he starts turning. Besdies, all the american drifters say the best way to do it is to go learn yourself...

I like drifting, but I don't pretend that it's everything, like all those stupid poseurs. The aftermarket industry is forcing drifting down peoples' throats after they saw the success of D1 at Irwindale. It's the next cash cow, kinda like Civics, except the cars that are about to dwindle in number, have been out of production for at least ten years.

areitu 02-25-2004 12:19 PM

Originally posted by -HyJynX-
Thats a goo idea..they should show the bad side of drifting. What happens when the drifting goes bad haha, instead of girls gone wild, Drifting gone wild:dunno: :laugh:
Drifting with the tail 3 inches from a barrier is already wild. That's why people watch drifting.

DriftS14 02-25-2004 02:19 PM

thats what happens with fads...

hatebobbarker 02-25-2004 07:30 PM

id rather watch drifting then do it, im too scared of crashing, ive chained a couple "slides" together before, but its nothing like a pro, they way i see it they have 10 years on me. unless i get the chance to practice drifting full time for a few years i know ill never be that good.
ill stick to the occasional slide when im bored on the way to school or work. thanks anyway
i fell asleep during the drift bible....