S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/)
-   -   Fast and Furious good or bad (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/fast-furious-good-bad-4555/)

S-14 Russell 06-27-2003 11:42 PM

Fast and Furious good or bad

Just starting a disscussion, What do you think did the movie Fast and Furious and 2 Fast 2 Furious do good or bad for the import scene. Personally I think it did it bad. I think because of it many imature "posers" will and are joining the scene. And many people will start modding and racing strictly to impress people because of that whole "I can do it like they do it in the movies" train of thought. I know many people who feel this same way. What do you people think.

I'm with Stupid 06-27-2003 11:55 PM

Bad, not just cause of ricers.... But because our local police reported after 2 fast 2 furious came out there's been more speeding, racing, and crashes with innocent deathes. All the cars had a ticket stub in them.:rolleyes:

S-14 Russell 06-27-2003 11:59 PM

:angry: man, imature people are giving car people a seriously bad name :angry:

-HyJynX- 06-28-2003 12:19 AM

im to tired to acutally write sumthing meaningful but the fast and the furious series i belive is bad for the import scene...there

leiferik1 06-28-2003 10:55 AM

you should have posted a poll.....i'll see if i can

Sil40_Mayhem 07-17-2003 11:54 AM

okay, i'm gonna take a different course on this one...

i don't think that the movies, themselves, are responsible for the negative image given to the whole 'tuner' scene (i would say 'import', but people rice/race mustangs, neons, focii:p , and other domestics). i think it's the weak-minded individuals who are so easily influenced, but under-educated about what's influencing them. i'm sure that back in the 60's and 70's when kung fu flicks were big, everybody wanted to be kung fu fighting (they even made a song about it, ewwwww:eek: ). i'm also sure that many of them didn't bother to understand the whole concept of the martial arts and the enrichment one could gain from them. what about 'Jackass: The Movie' (or even the series on MTV)? who else but dumbasses would dare imitate those stunts? how many of you went out and jacked a bunch of cars after watching 'Gone in 60 Seconds'? i'm willing to bet none of you (and if you did, you prolly were already stealing cars before then:p ). so while i'm not gonna say i'm a fan of the movies or that i agree with what they portrayed (as inaccurately as possible, i might add :rolleyes: ), i will say that i won't take the responsibility off of the viewers and place it on the movies. cuz, if that's the case, after i write this post i'm gonna go out, rent 'Spiderman', then put on some red and blue tights, grab some rope, and try to swing my way through downtown raleigh.:laugh: :laugh:

wushu4u 07-17-2003 12:26 PM

Sil40_Mayhem said exactly what I was going to say...to the word. Honestly, the people doing this were idiots BEFORE they went to the movies...the movie didn't make them that way (though I admit some of paul walkers acting killed a few of my brain cells). Honestly...for the first and second movie of its kind, they did ok with it all in all. And I know alot of you say "but its so fake" or "you can tell that its CGI", well guess what, so was batman...do you think that car can REALLY climb the building? Or Xmen...I don't think Hugh Jackman really grew claws. Its a movie, of course its fake...and of course some of the facts are going to be flawed...but lets give it credit for what it is...the first movie of its type to TRY to portray the scene in a hollywood sort of way.

Sil40_Mayhem 07-17-2003 12:35 PM

->wushu :wave:

u r on the money!:thumb: i nearly forgot that hollywood likes to skew the facts and reality for that dramatic effect. i suppose that non-dramatized, accurate portrayals of something in hollywood are as hard to come by as an honest politician :notify:

EDIT: love the gif in ur sig!:thumb:

wushu4u 07-17-2003 01:09 PM

Thanks, I am pretty fond of the GIF too! Thanks for the backing...this is the way I have felt since the first one started getting bashed. People loved the move for months...almost a year, then they started reading into it...researching it and finding the minut little issues with it, and billy bob told billy joe...and they both told lisa marie...and before you know it everyone hates the movie cause it was inaccurate...just realize it is just a move...and appreciate it for what it is.

Sil40_Mayhem 07-17-2003 01:31 PM

i'm with ya, wu! what kills me is when i read up on all the pseudo-philosophical crap spawned from the matrix series.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: i'm like, man, it's JUST A MOVIE!!:music:

-HyJynX- 07-17-2003 05:45 PM

Originally posted by Sil40_Mayhem
i'm with ya, wu! what kills me is when i read up on all the pseudo-philosophical crap spawned from the matrix series.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: i'm like, man, it's JUST A MOVIE!!:music:
lmao! My sister is BIG time into it! Its sad lol