S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/)
-   -   FINALLY Got to Launch The New Web Site, Check It Out DAdamsDrift.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/finally-got-launch-new-web-site-check-out-dadamsdrift-com-45107/)

USMCDrifter 12-04-2008 11:48 PM

FINALLY Got to Launch The New Web Site, Check It Out DAdamsDrift.com

It's not supposed to be anything fancy, just a way to keep my sponsors, friends, family and most importantly, my fans up to date with what I've got going on with my car. I don't have much on there now, just a few pages of riff raff, videos, pictures the norm. As time marches on, I'll update it regularly and put results from events, tips, tricks and advice for beginners, modifications, sponsorship information, and the sort. Basically, it'll be a simple way for those who are coming up in the drifting/motorsports world and even for those who have already established themselves, (whether you be drifter, autocross, road racing, rally, time trial, or whatever) to come by and check out the cool stuff that makes grassroots motorsports so interesting.

Check it out, here's the site:

www.DAdamsDrift.com

Once again, I'm still working on it, give me a few weeks to catch up on it completely and we'll have it jumping with up-to-date information.

Thanks for checking me out guys and gals!
-Dave

Lord Umoja 12-05-2008 06:30 AM

Cool site. Nice spin in the first vid...

hatrick6 12-05-2008 06:57 AM

great looking site man, hope I can actually get a sponsor or two someday :naughty:

USMCDrifter 12-05-2008 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Lord Umoja (Post 377428)
Cool site. Nice spin in the first vid...

Yeah bro, the SN-95 is such a horrible chassis for drifting, it's really bad, but I'm making it work the best I can with limited funding currently. When I start dropping the real money into it, it'll be much better. Luckily it's got the power and torque I need, so I can focus on building the suspension and chassis to cater more towards actual driving, not just quarter-mile stuff.

Originally Posted by ilikegofast (Post 377429)
great looking site man, hope I can actually get a sponsor or two someday :naughty:

Remember to keep at it, if you truly want sponsors, you HAVE to be active. You can't sit around and wait for them to come to you, you HAVE to go to them and you HAVE to sell yourself well. A good driver who isn't a good salesmen about himself isn't going to have as many sponsors as the good salesmen who is just decent.

Think of it like this, when it comes to sponsorship, it won't happen to you or for you, it happens with you. Make it happen, and you'll love the benefits. But prepare to work HARD, I bust my ass every day emailing and calling potential sponsors, I've had formal meetings, even a few meetings that were pretty much an interview.

Prepare for ultra late nights, lots of lost sleep, and be prepared to spend full price to get the attention of the company you're vying for. A lot of these big name companies will gauge your interest and participation before even looking at you twice. Even then, they may only cut you a discounted rate on products and services. You have to make sure you're at EVERY event, every show, and that you display the ability to promote and sell the product or service you have sponsoring you.

I've done 12 events this year and I'm still flying WAY under the radar of where most businesses are looking. I don't do car shows and that hurts me a lot. I basically have to rely on companies who have made their money with the show crowd and want to step over to expand into another venue. Drifting, especially with my car, allows for me to not only reach out to the import tuner and grassroots racing world, but to the domestic guys who thought these cars are only good for drag racing and the occasional stop light and highway brawl. Many of them are very surprised to see an SN-95 out there getting smokey sideways and I (along with the other domestic drifters) have even pulled a few over into the drifting scene. It's a really good feeling.

But yeah, just keep at it, keep pushing more and more and make sure you don't stop selling. You'll do fine!

-Dave

jramosthe1st! 12-05-2008 12:50 PM

tell me those are the original pedals.
http://www.nightmajik.net/index.9.jpg

USMCDrifter 12-05-2008 04:01 PM

Yup, all from the factory . . .

-Dave

jramosthe1st! 12-05-2008 04:04 PM

i ask because i've driven cars with that kind of pedal cover thingies. they are not very safe when the bottom of your shoes are wet because of rain or snow.

shaban 12-05-2008 05:03 PM

word.

Bumnah 12-05-2008 05:23 PM

i'll be honest, i was expect php or something since you do work IT.

Kaiser 12-05-2008 05:30 PM

worst....website....EVER!
Just kidding boy, can't wait to see the updates, and maybe you will see my website when I become good enough to need one! Till then I am ripping up the local kart track like I am Warren Wallace.

Biggamehit 12-05-2008 07:03 PM

actually those pedals with racing shoes are slip resistant. I know they work for sure.

USMCDrifter 12-05-2008 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by jramosthe1st! (Post 377444)
i ask because i've driven cars with that kind of pedal covet thingies. they are not very safe when your the bottom of your shoes are wet because of rain or snow.

Nah, actually they're pretty good, I don't think they'd pass the bar if they were slippery. I mean the last drifting event was a rain event and I had zero problem what so ever.

Originally Posted by Bumnah (Post 377446)
i'll be honest, i was expect php or something since you do work IT.

I'm a hardware guy not a programmer.

Originally Posted by Kaiser (Post 377448)
worst....website....EVER!
Just kidding boy, can't wait to see the updates, and maybe you will see my website when I become good enough to need one! Till then I am ripping up the local kart track like I am Warren Wallace.

LOL! That's whats up, get that stuff posted anyway, sponsors love this stuff.

Originally Posted by Biggamehit (Post 377455)
actually those pedals with racing shoes are slip resistant. I know they work for sure.

Yes sir . . . ^_^

-Dave

Bumnah 12-05-2008 10:44 PM

get dreamweaver. it'll write the code for you.

Biggamehit 12-05-2008 11:08 PM

thats cheating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhahhaha its cool when you got to create a lot of tables lol.. however i just like manually making tables. its makes me feel warm inside lol.

Fries 12-09-2008 12:31 AM

I would suggest coloring your tables white and using black font at the very least. The using your background for the table background is very elementary.
I would also like to see you use a solid color image for your links with a "on scroll over" code to make it fresssssh.

Not dogging on you, simply constructive criticism. [I can't help it, mom designs websites and she relies on my ripping them to shreds to help her make it all flow]

I like your information though and it seems everything was well thought out before written.
But you do have this picture of this black guy standing next to your mustang...
:naughty:

iLu.
<3