S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/)
-   -   Fuel Imports? (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/fuel-imports-8651/)

l2aine 01-08-2004 01:46 AM

Originally posted by rudeboy
the skyline is already here. the GT-R is what the world is waiting for

you can inport r32's into canada now
along with silvias

Well the Skyline here (G35) isn't really named "Skyline". And yeah you can import anything - but to have it sold here is a totally different sitution.

Sil80guy 01-08-2004 09:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
skyline

Sil80guy 01-08-2004 09:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
skyline GTR R35

-HyJynX- 01-08-2004 11:05 AM

Yea, we have to get used to sperating GT-R and skyline..2 totally different cars now.

SINxSELEKTAH 01-08-2004 12:22 PM

being a motorex shopper & frequent visitor...the salesman i always talk to at motorex stated that motorex has a contract with the US government to import and sell Skylines R32, R33, and R34. "We crash tested them and calibrate them to pass smog for United States Standards" said the salesman. reasoning for the price? a true Nissan Skyline enthusiast would pay their fees, otherwise 16 year olds with rich parents would purchase them (kinda like Subaru Impreza WRX's & STi's)
-jaysin

l2aine 01-08-2004 06:15 PM

Originally posted by SINxSELEKTAH
reasoning for the price? a true Nissan Skyline enthusiast would pay their fees, otherwise 16 year olds with rich parents would purchase them (kinda like Subaru Impreza WRX's & STi's)
-jaysin

.....ok.

But I bet Subaru makes more $$ by volume.:D

Sil40_Mayhem 01-09-2004 05:42 AM

i think i read somewhere that part of the reason for the pricing was because they had to do all the research (i.e. possibly obtaining certain documentation from Nissan as well as other stuff), buy serveral perfectly good Skylines and crash them and then provide the data to the DOT, and make all the modifications neccessary to be liscensed for road use (structural reinforcements, bumpers/bumper supports, fuel tank, maybe headlight beam pattern, emissons, etc). not to mention what they had to pay for all of the equipment, engineers (if needed), and any other expenses that goes w/the process. but i'm sure that, in the midst of all that, monster profit is also a factor.:)

l2aine 01-09-2004 05:54 AM

Yes, I read that too - they essentially did what any manufacturer would do to get a car to pass federal specs...

... but damn $90k for a Nissan? Imagine what $90k would do if you had an S14 and an HKS catalog... and TEIN catalog... and Signal Auto... etc.:thumb:

Sil40_Mayhem 01-09-2004 07:07 AM

oh yeah, i hear ya on that. then again, if u just happened to have $90K just laying around, then i suppose it wouldn't matter one way or the other.:p

SINxSELEKTAH 01-09-2004 10:52 AM

Originally posted by l2aine
.....ok.

But I bet Subaru makes more $$ by volume.:D

:werd:

Originally posted by Sil40_Mayhem
i think i read somewhere that part of the reason for the pricing was because they had to do all the research (i.e. possibly obtaining certain documentation from Nissan as well as other stuff), buy serveral perfectly good Skylines and crash them and then provide the data to the DOT, and make all the modifications neccessary to be liscensed for road use (structural reinforcements, bumpers/bumper supports, fuel tank, maybe headlight beam pattern, emissons, etc). not to mention what they had to pay for all of the equipment, engineers (if needed), and any other expenses that goes w/the process. but i'm sure that, in the midst of all that, monster profit is also a factor.:)
also true

Originally posted by l2aine
... but damn $90k for a Nissan? Imagine what $90k would do if you had an S14 and an HKS catalog... and TEIN catalog... and Signal Auto... etc.:thumb:
i'd spend 25-30k (if i had the money) on a 32 GT-S :bigok:

oh yeah, i hear ya on that. then again, if u just happened to have $90K just laying around, then i suppose it wouldn't matter one way or the other.:p
that's why i play the california lottery :p
-jaysin

l2aine 01-09-2004 06:09 PM

hahaha I love that... "90k JUST layin around" LOL :D