S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/)
-   -   Gaurdrails save lives, seriously (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/gaurdrails-save-lives-seriously-15606/)

-HyJynX- 09-07-2004 06:00 PM

Gaurdrails save lives, seriously

8 Attachment(s)
The title pretty much says it all.

**Pretty long story**

Went to the mountains saturday night/sunday morning with some club240 members and was having fun as usual. Did a couple runs, then decided to come down with a group of cars. A FC was going a little to slow for me so he was going to let me by, all of a sudden from a blind corner ahead of me I see headlights going towards me. The FC and I brake, I lock my brakes, I dodge the oncoming car(I honestly don't know how I avoided it), then started to lose control and SLAM. Hit the gaurd rail with the driverside going around 45. Driverside is totalled, but I will be replacing them soon enough. If it wasn't for the guardrail I wouldn't be here right now. Honestly, I never pass someone or try to when up in the mountains...but for some reason I had a urge to and then this happens. Learn from our mistakes I guess.

Car drives still, but look horrible...just look at the pics. Luckily no frame damage, at least from what I can see. I'm ok, just have a burn on my arm(slapped/hit my arm on the steering wheel and gave me a burn) and a bruise. At least I didn't harm anyone or harm my self badly. It will be awhile before I go up to the mountains.

Attachment 29736
Attachment 29737
Attachment 29738
Attachment 29739
Attachment 29740
Attachment 29741
Attachment 29742
Attachment 29743

l2aine 09-07-2004 07:13 PM

As long as you're okay bro... cars can be fixed, people can't. Kinda puts a sour note to the fun night we had before your incident... but I'm glad you're safe :) :thumb:

not to be a comedian, but if your car was red... DUDE. EPISODE 04x02!!!!!!

ArticDragon 09-07-2004 07:27 PM

Good thing you're ok. But did you have enough room to pass on your lane seeing how the FC was letting you pass?

JaySlide 09-07-2004 08:58 PM

u def learn from ur mistakes, its only a car, ur alive and now u know what not to do next time

Chedderknight 09-07-2004 09:23 PM

dude im glad your alright, thats some pretty mean scracthes, but nothing some time cant fix, good luck man, and im glad all you got was a bruise

-HyJynX- 09-07-2004 09:28 PM

Originally posted by l2aine
As long as you're okay bro... cars can be fixed, people can't. Kinda puts a sour note to the fun night we had before your incident... but I'm glad you're safe :) :thumb:

Yea, totally puts a sour note...but it was fun while it lasted;) LMAO at the initial D comment haha!

Originally posted by ArticDragon
Good thing you're ok. But did you have enough room to pass on your lane seeing how the FC was letting you pass?
Yep, had a full lane to pass him on...neither me or him saw the other car coming.

Originally posted by JaySlide
u def learn from ur mistakes, its only a car, ur alive and now u know what not to do next time

Originally posted by Chedderknight
dude im glad your alright, thats some pretty mean scracthes, but nothing some time cant fix, good luck man, and im glad all you got was a bruise
Thanks guys. I will def learn from my mistakes and not try and pull a stunt like this again.:angry:

swannjay 09-07-2004 09:30 PM

whoa, I've heard of fender benders but, damn. Good to see you're alive and kicking. Your reaction time will probably be faster now. Thats a good thing.

Waynehead05 09-07-2004 09:31 PM

glad ur ok. Texas doesn't have mountains so i wouldn't understand.

Chedderknight 09-07-2004 09:40 PM

you think you gonna be traumatized by this?

a94autocamry 09-07-2004 10:16 PM

dang santiago, i didnt know this had happened to you until now when i'm checking up on the forums...
sorry about what happened to you, hope you learn from your mistakes and at least your car is pretty much in okay shape and i'm glad your okay as well...

good luck on your recovery efforts..

Darkness 09-07-2004 10:22 PM

Glad to hear your okay man.

Originally posted by l2aine
Initial D LoL. That episode was interesting. . .

E-spec240 09-07-2004 11:27 PM

My bro just told me the news. I am just glad your ok man. From the looks of the pics, just exterior damage, it doesnt look too deep that it would bend the frame. You might want to take a look and remove the fender and quarter panel just to check for frame damage.

Bryan 09-08-2004 05:18 AM

Damn man that sucks, glad to hear your alright though..I know how you feel when your baby gets a hit

-HyJynX- 09-08-2004 09:24 AM

Originally posted by Chedderknight
you think you gonna be traumatized by this?
Naw, I will be all right after I get the damage fixed. The first couple of days I was super depressed though.

Originally posted by a94autocamry
dang santiago, i didnt know this had happened to you until now when i'm checking up on the forums...
sorry about what happened to you, hope you learn from your mistakes and at least your car is pretty much in okay shape and i'm glad your okay as well...

good luck on your recovery efforts..

I will def learn from my mistakes.

From what I can tell right now, there is no frame damage at all. It's just all body.

S13, I totally know how you feel now:(

S14Dude 09-08-2004 09:26 AM

Glad you are okay. Someone went off the mountain last night. thank god he was okay. what mountain were you at?