S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/)
-   -   got SKYLINE R35? (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/got-skyline-r35-2197/)

Keisuke 12-02-2002 04:34 PM

got SKYLINE R35?

http://www.freshalloy.com/site/cars/...ept/home.shtml

damn. . .

NightXCZ77 12-02-2002 05:38 PM

R35 Skyline

Personally, I think it looks a bit too much like a 350Z...but that's my opinion. I don't like the wheels either, I like rounded cars without the star trek - space age look to them. Just cause it's the new millenium doesn't mean everything has to go hifi....like all the new concept cars, but hey, it's just one opinion right? :wave:

Night

leiferik1 12-02-2002 05:47 PM

i think it looks player

rudeboy 12-02-2002 06:03 PM

you know how new cars are... you got to kinda let em grow on you for a while. like the WRX. or the 350.

S14 12-02-2002 06:19 PM

I think thats way too much of a change, and that its a change for the worse, looks wise that is. Isnt that car supposed to have like a 7 speed tranny?

rudeboy 12-02-2002 06:34 PM

hey, as long as it has the 400 or so HP,

i'll be happy with a three speed on the column

altimate94 12-02-2002 10:31 PM

i like it:cool:

Strizzy 12-02-2002 10:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
wrong wrong guys here is the real 35 not the concept nissan car.

Strizzy 12-02-2002 10:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and now the rear end

altimate94 12-02-2002 11:09 PM

^^even better...........:spin:

poisonfist 12-02-2002 11:59 PM

Originally posted by Strizzy
and now the rear end
That has nothing to do with what it would end up looking like, they are all artist's rendition. Let me translate for you from that page:
"Perhaps the impression from the back should look like this? This is all still speculative and the designs are still quite premature but we would hope that it would be worthy for the entire world surpassing the BMW M3.".

Strizzy 12-03-2002 12:07 AM

There seems to be a lot of snippets of information floating around the internet about whether or not we will see Nissan release a new R35 Skyline or not. The information generally outlines Nissan having financial difficulties and European carmaker Renault stepping to help, and having taking over some of the design of the newer vehicles. These artists impressions of what may become the R35 GTR are a far cry from where the original Prince began yet the futuristic/aggressive look still remains. Rumours have it that the development team may be looking to move towards a twin turbo V8 version instead of inline six cylinder like the existing RB26DETT. However none of these rumours really amount to much and time will tell what Nissan plan to do. The release date is set for the year 2003. Plans are infor america to, though it will not be the sega rally car we have come to love, but rather a 4-door family car with no twin or single turbo.

poisonfist 12-03-2002 12:15 AM

They are testing the VQ30DETT on the R34 chasis mounted in the FM configuration and they seem to be leaving very good results.

badass240sx 12-03-2002 01:32 AM

looks like an integra, expecially from the side, why they made it a hatch now?

NightXCZ77 12-03-2002 12:13 PM

R35

Strizzy -

hey, like those pics, except they look too much as though they are taking the S15 design, changing it a bit, and putting round tail lights and different headlights on it. I think the design is bad ass, but we will never see that car in the US. Problem is, that's the Japanese R35, the one above at the start of the post is the version the US will get.......really sucks huh?

Night

rbboyl 12-06-2002 07:09 AM

Re: R35

Originally posted by NightXCZ77
I think the design is bad ass, but we will never see that car in the US. Problem is, that's the Japanese R35, the one above at the start of the post is the version the US will get.......really sucks huh?
The first time someone mentioned the skyline to me, they were saying how it was coming to the US. Back then, I had no clue what the skyline was. Then I saw the concept (the first photo in this thread) and was like, "oh man, thats one ugly looking car, I'd never buy that"

When I finally saw the REAL Skyline R33 and R34, I was like :eek: "HOTNESS."

Who do I write to asking not to change the japanese skyline design if it ever comes to the US. :mad:

Import Fanatix 12-06-2002 07:27 AM

Originally posted by badass240sx
looks like an integra, expecially from the side, why they made it a hatch now?
I think it still is a coupe. I think if it comes out here, that would be off the hook, but no one would buy it and then we are stuck again without a major japanese supercar from Nissan. The 350Z/G35 I think will be the only sports car to come to the States.

JQUEST2 12-08-2002 09:33 PM

re:

Here, I got this off one of the Skyline Forums :

It's set to be Japan's fastest and most advanced supercar - but look under the skin and it's Britain's brains which will power Nissan's new GT-R!

Exclusive pictures in the current issue of Auto Express magazine show how the new supercoupé will look when it storms on to our roads, and the cutaway detail reveals the technology which is set to make it the most advanced car in the world. But it's not only Nissan engineers who can claim the credit - our sources say British legend Cosworth has been called in to help tweak the engine, while Lotus is involved in fine-tuning the suspension.

The 'International Specification' GT-R, which will be sold throughout the world for the first time, is set to get a version of the 3.5-litre V6 engine used in the 350Z coupé, but will have electrically assisted twin turbochargers to boost power without sapping too much energy. Cosworth's expertise will be used to make sure the V6's block, head, pistons and crank are all strong enough.

Nissan knows it has to do something really special with the next GT-R, partly because the 350Z performs so well, but also as it's the first globally oriented version of the car, and expectations are high among the 'Playstation generation' of buyers who are familiar with the model from video games consoles.

The company has asked for around 400bhp and 490Nm of torque, but more realistic figures given emissions regulations are 350bhp and 450Nm. To reach production, the car must meet strict Euro4 exhaust regulations. The V6 will be mated to a six-speed Getrag gearbox, with a CVT due a year after launch in early 2005. The auto is undergoing final development, but apparent slippage trouble due to the excessive power has been plaguing prototypes. Insiders have confirmed the GT-R will incorporate an updated version of Nissan's Atessa 4WD system with an active limited slip differential. This new arrangement means torque is distributed between the front and rear wheels not only in response to traction loss, but also as a result of changes in the engine's output.

The FM platform used in the new range of Skyline and Infiniti G35 coupés in Japan and the US is basically good enough, but needs some fine-tuning to handle the extra power - and that's where Lotus comes in. A new hydraulic active suspension system, co-developed with Lotus, will feature. The Norfolk firm's expertise in this area will ensure the car handles like no other GT-R before, and can satisfy the soft-riding expectations of American buyers with the traction and high-speed handling required by the British and German markets.
Its brakes promise to be special, too, with larger Brembo discs controlled by a newly revised brake-by-wire unit which promises to give the sporty feel and feedback enthusiastic drivers demand.

But while the dynamics are groundbreaking, many fans will be disappointed by the looks. Although the car is clearly linked to the 2001 Tokyo Motor Show concept, some of the more aggressive touches have been watered down in favour of a more mainstream appearance. The final production version will debut at next October's Tokyo event.

I'm with Stupid 12-09-2002 06:50 AM

All this R35 stuff is nice....but why haven't I heard anything about an S16 Silvia?

leiferik1 12-09-2002 07:15 AM

Originally posted by I'm with Stupid
All this R35 stuff is nice....but why haven't I heard anything about an S16 Silvia?
:rolleyes:

Justin.b 12-09-2002 08:11 AM

Silvia is discontinued - S15 will be the last unless they resurrect it sometime down the road.

If you're curious what the next GTR will look like, go to you local Infinity dealer and look at the G35 coupe. For those who haven't made the connection yet, the G35 *IS* the new Skyline. The GTR will be based on the coupe.

We can stop wondering whe it is coming - it is here.

-Justin
www.saltgod.org

wushu4u 12-09-2002 08:22 AM

I heared the same thing as Justin...:music:

Justin.b 12-09-2002 01:20 PM

It's not a rumor - it's the truth!

Skyline is a model of car - very few of which are the GTR flavor. Most are actually 4 door family transporters. There have even been Skyline wagons. What we buy here as the G35, is being sold in Japan as the Skyline.

The pictures of the butt-nasty silver car is a concept vehicle that was scrapped quite some time ago. A few styling cues from that car seemed to make it to the 350Z, but not many into the G35 (thank goodness!).

-Justin
www.saltgod.org

Ordie 06-07-2003 08:01 PM

is set to get a version of the 3.5-litre V6 engine used in the 350Z coupé, but will have electrically assisted twin turbochargers to boost power without sapping too much energy.

WTF??? since when did turbos actually sap energy???

as for the next Skyline... I have heard that the G35 bodystyle is NOT gonna be the R35 Skyline GT-R body.. Suposedly the GT-R is gonna be something similar to the old R34, like the pic on the first page. The GTR is basicaly gonna be its own platform

repus29537BC 06-08-2003 12:46 AM

If Nissan bring the gtr to the states it will funy to see how motorex reacts to having the next generation skyline selling for tens of thousands of dollars less then their lagalized R34s.:thumb:

Damicci 06-08-2003 12:47 AM

That's funny i swore i saw a pic of a g35 with skyline badges in an okinawan motor dealership.

It was being sold as a actual SKyline????????

http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring...s/4_02_nis.htm

http://homepage2.nifty.com/Hiraku/R35/kurunaModel.htm

Ordie 06-08-2003 11:11 AM

Originally posted by Damicci
That's funny i swore i saw a pic of a g35 with skyline badges in an okinawan motor dealership.

It was being sold as a actual SKyline????????
[/url]

Thats because the G35 is a Skyline.

There is different models of it Coupe, sedan, AWD, RWD.

The GTR is the Top of the Line....which is supposed to looks like the old GTR's NOT the new G35's. Its gonna be a seperate style

Sil40_Mayhem 06-08-2003 12:02 PM

oh for cryin out loud!!!

first and foremost, for all who argue that the G35 (sedan and coupe) is NOT not the new "Skyline", follow this link.

there yet??? good. now click on the "SKYLINE" link under the sedan category. looks just like the G35 sedan, doesn't it?:sneaky: ok, now click on the "SKYLINE" link under the sports and specialty category. well what do ya know??:eek: it's the G35 coupe! :notify: and this is from the NISSAN JAPAN OFFICIAL SITE... so now what, u gonna argue w/them?

finally, i don't know for sure about the future of the GT-R, but all signs point to it NOT being a part of the "Skyline" model line, but being its own distinct model. that said, remember that "Skyline" and "GT-R" in the future will no longer be synonymous (sp?)... :nono:

Ordie 06-08-2003 12:17 PM

Thats what I've been trying to say.

MJ201 06-08-2003 02:38 PM

I don't really care
I just want Nissan to make the R35 and Bring it to North America. any of the pics of it posted here (especially this one
Attachment: 7393nissanskyliner35a.jpg
This has been downloaded 177 time(s).

Just let us buy one:D

Ordie 06-08-2003 03:05 PM

the R-35 is here.. its the Infinity G35

That is the R-35 GTR.... its a totally different car

I'm with Stupid 06-08-2003 06:47 PM

The G35 is the V35. R35 should be the next GTR.

Sil40_Mayhem 06-09-2003 07:31 AM

The G35 is the V35. R35 should be the next GTR.
i dunno why ur hangin out w/"Stupid", but at least you know what ur talkin about... :D :laugh:

Originally posted by Ordie
Thats what I've been trying to say.
i know, and i agree w/u.:thumb: i just thought it would help those still in doubt (and too damn lazy to look it up) to have the info right there... :p

whatever north america (and the rest of the world, for that matter) will come to know the next generation GT-R by (R35, K35, L-M-N-O-P35), who really gives a sh!t?? as long as we get it, and don't get jipped (sp?):bigok:

calidrifter 06-20-2003 04:56 PM

ok so basically the skyline and the GT-R are the same car just different models. Kinda like the BMW 3 series and its M3 counterpart right.