S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/)
-   -   Guys What is your take on the climate change deal situation (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/guys-what-your-take-climate-change-deal-situation-46604/)

felody 12-18-2009 06:25 AM

Guys What is your take on the climate change deal situation

I admire this guy for taking matters in to his one hands and wasting no time. Just wanted to find out general opinion :) what do you guys think.
Copenhagen, Denmark - Delegates at the U.N. Climate Change Conference are "running short on time" to reach agreement on a deal, U.S. President Barack Obama told them Friday.
"There is no time to waste," he said. "Now I believe it's the time for the nations and the people of the world to come behind a common purpose. We are ready to get this done today, but there has to be movement on all sides."

ErizSR 12-18-2009 07:03 AM

ehh bs

battosaii930 12-18-2009 09:24 AM

imo i do think we as humans contribute to global warming BUT not as much as they may have you think. Temperatures go up and down naturally on the earth.

now as for the US sending China 100 billion dollars a year for them be to be more green makes no sense to me as an american tax payer, right now China's economy is booming and the US is in a recession. IMO we should fix our own major problems b4 we try to fix others because i know we can all agree the US has some major economical problems right now and we shouldn't be handing out that kind of cash to other nations.

jramosthe1st! 12-18-2009 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by felody (Post 393325)
I admire this guy for taking matters in to his one hands and wasting no time. Just wanted to find out general opinion :) what do you guys think.
Copenhagen, Denmark - Delegates at the U.N. Climate Change Conference are "running short on time" to reach agreement on a deal, U.S. President Barack Obama told them Friday.
"There is no time to waste," he said. "Now I believe it's the time for the nations and the people of the world to come behind a common purpose. We are ready to get this done today, but there has to be movement on all sides."

who is this guy you speak of, what what exactly has he done that is worthy of admiration?

HKST04Z 12-18-2009 01:01 PM

i study weather, imo hard to deny a rise in temp in the average climate even if it is only 2 or 3 degrees, but i think we will just end up in another ice age after a few thousand years.

jramosthe1st! 12-18-2009 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by HKST04Z (Post 393338)
i study weather, imo hard to deny a rise in temp in the average climate even if it is only 2 or 3 degrees, but i think we will just end up in another ice age after a few thousand years.

so you're saying that we're just going through a natural cycle.

Biggamehit 12-18-2009 05:13 PM

pretty much man.. cut out all the science/theroy and just look at where we came from. things work in a cycle... some fast some slow.

HKST04Z 12-18-2009 09:01 PM

^ what he said

Biggamehit 12-19-2009 04:36 AM

^what he said to what I said

hatrick6 12-19-2009 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by jramosthe1st! (Post 393339)
so you're saying that we're just going through a natural cycle.

I agree, and yes several scientists agree that the earth has 14,000 year cycle where it simply slowly heats up, and falls into an ice age, and then starts all over again.

battosaii930 12-19-2009 10:31 AM

also all those retards that drive tiny hybrids think they saving the world in cali when they dont even realize that making the battery for a hybrid car pollutes the earth more then driving a hummer for a year oh and not to mention you have to replace that battery when it goes bad ei 5-6 years and thats $6000 so there goes the money you saved on gas. Hybrids are bought by ignorant people and car manufactures make them and advertise them like they are green wen they arnt.

if you really want to be green then do what europe does.... but small diesel most get better mpg then any prius....

my cousin in spain has a 3cylnder diesel fiat and im 6'8" and i fit fine in it and yet it gets 82mpg highway and 50ish city...... prius is what 72 city 43mpg highway?

anyway im just ranting on how ignorant most americans are, we need to research ourselfs and not buy into the media they only tell us what benefits them.

240smoke 12-19-2009 11:52 AM

we cant change the climate... it can only change us. Mother Earth will never be tamed. its a fact.

jramosthe1st! 12-19-2009 12:54 PM

i attribute the prorogation of the global warming and climate changing scare tactic to al gore and the internet, which he invented by the way.

Biggamehit 12-19-2009 05:35 PM

i could car less as long as women and drifting are accessible baby!!

HKST04Z 12-19-2009 08:23 PM

even though i like this planet and its constantly changing climate, i will continue to burn gas, use aerosol cans, eat meat(because i hate vegetarians and vegans), and do my part in being someone who environmentalists hate..