S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/)
-   -   HOW TO TELL IF 91-94 240sx has LSD? (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/how-tell-if-91-94-240sx-has-lsd-4382/)

JSpec24Osx 06-17-2003 01:18 AM

HOW TO TELL IF 91-94 240sx has LSD?

Can somebody please tell me what's the easiest way to tell if the 91-94 240sx have LSD?

Thanks,
Jeff [Newbie]

Youguysnonothin 06-17-2003 03:27 AM

How to tell if they have lsd

Jack the rear end of the car up and spin one wheel, if the oppsosite wheel spins the same way it has lsd, if not then it doesn't pretty sure they were mechanical too, yes pretty confident, you can buy new viscous type lsd's for them though, clutch/mechanical are a little bit more rigid but better performing

jonpowell 06-17-2003 04:33 AM

Look for an orange sticker near the drain plug on the diff housing that says "VLSD" for Viscous Limited Slip Differential.

Youguysnonothin 06-17-2003 06:22 AM

powel who r u talking to?

Who r u talkign to powel.. he would have to get under the car and all that sh1t.. what a waste of time an energy, not to mention get dirty when all you need to do is use a jack..

jonpowell 06-17-2003 06:26 AM

Anybody who is worried about getting dirty should not be worried about having a limited slip. The whole fun of having a car is getting dirty, but you knew that right, like you knew the diffs were viscous.....besides doesnt putting your hands on the wheels and turning them expend energy and get you dirty. All you have to do is LOOK at the sticker

Youguysnonothin 06-17-2003 06:32 AM

powel... u idiot

You idiot don't try to make me sound like some crisp clean or a woman or something with yoru smat@ss post, anyone that just wants to know if they have a limited slip doesn't need to get dirt just to see it.. lol if you think you do your an idiot, I have more thant twice the experience working on engines, chassis, anything you think you know anythign about so kid be quiet... and btw he asked a way to find out if you had a lsd, not if it was viscous or not, and they weren't all viscous you moron "JUST SO YOU KNOW...." And I do believe I brought that whole point up jackass so don't try to sound like your the one who just fuccking added the word to the dictionary...

jonpowell 06-17-2003 06:46 AM

Well you sure showed me. You are entitled to your opinion and if that is how you would want to do things, so be it. I just offered a little more info to try to help and you got defensive thinking that I was attacking you. Your maturity shines through. Opinions are like *******s, everyone has one and they all STINK. Why dont you think of this as a place to share info and help people, not pick fights. :werd:

Youguysnonothin 06-17-2003 07:41 AM

powel...

What a weak insult, my maturity shiens through? no you were beign a smartass, if you want to act that way so be it, I will lash back with twice the force, so shut up, I have nothing to prove, all your teenage dumbass has to prove is how much of a ..dumbass.. you are, so be my guest, I won't be coming back to this thread any longer, I have had enough of your childish smartassism, being that you have hardly any mechanical knowledge at all, so run your mouth to the others I won't be coming back... :thefinger :thefinger

jonpowell 06-17-2003 07:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is how little mechanical knowledge I have. You should know what this is and what I did.

Youguysnonothin 06-17-2003 07:58 AM

Curse me for coming back...

Yeah wow looks like an rb engine swap, real hard stuff huh, not very like that's not ****.. that's call time and a tool chest, not very compicated ... get into a real machine shop and start messing with engines..an engine swap is easy if your an adult with a good job, and a big tool chest, and by the way, damn me for coming back, but I won't be here anymore, so don't get your hopes up..swaps are only a exciting if a 16 year old did it the day after he got his liscence and car... :finger Goodbye and farewell, for I will never see you again, atleast here, and hopefully not anywhere else....Refer to my signature for your horoscope daily..

JSpec24Osx 06-17-2003 08:07 AM

Thanks you guys, both tips are very helpful. But im going to just jack the rear end of the car and spin one tire. Im not really in the mood to get dirty when buying a car and checking if it has LSD. I was also told that if the car has ABS that it has LSD. Im not sure if it's true or not, just thought I add that in.

Thanks again for your help and time,
Jeff

jonpowell 06-17-2003 08:15 AM

Sorry we got so far off topic. I heard the same rumor about ABS. Call the dealer, I believe that there is a way to tell by the aluminum tag under the hood on the fire wall also but I cant remember exact details.

I'm with Stupid 06-17-2003 11:15 AM

A LSD only came with abs on S14 models. If you have an S13 it only came with HICAS equiped models.

And to "youguysnonothin" ALL LSD were viscous, hence the name R200V. V is for viscous. Now stop picking fights with forum members, shut up and learn your sh!t before you talk.

And to jonpowell, That's one hell of a nice swap you got goin there.:thumb:

jonpowell 06-17-2003 11:19 AM

Thanks man, appreciate it!

JSpec24Osx 06-17-2003 03:17 PM

Originally posted by I'm with Stupid
A LSD only came with abs on S14 models. If you have an S13 it only came with HICAS equiped models.

And to "youguysnonothin" ALL LSD were viscous, hence the name R200V. V is for viscous. Now stop picking fights with forum members, shut up and learn your sh!t before you talk.

And to jonpowell, That's one hell of a nice swap you got goin there.:thumb:

So when I check out a 91 240sx SE and it has ABS, it also means that it has LSD, correct? One last thing, is there an ABS light that comes on when turning on the car?

Thanks,
Jeff