S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/)
-   -   On this inauguration day I want to thank George W. Bush (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/inauguration-day-i-want-thank-george-w-bush-45251/)

Bumnah 01-20-2009 02:42 PM

On this inauguration day I want to thank George W. Bush

For screwing up so bad, the American people said, "Let's give another race a try."

I heard it on NPR, one of the political talk show panelists used it. I laughed out loud.

I'm no Obama fan since I disagree with a majority of his policies, but I'm glad Dubya is outta there.

Obama is def. a better speaker than Bush, no denying that one. He is also saying all the right thing, hopefully he'll do what he says.

It's also nice to see that we've matured as a country and elected a minority as our leader.

Congrats Obama.
Good riddance Bush.

Biggamehit 01-20-2009 03:33 PM

Keep it civil people. I don't really care about any of this.. but just keep it civil.

positron 01-21-2009 01:40 AM

Like him or hate him, I still respect George W. Bush purely for the fact that he was President of the United States. This is a position obtained by only a handful of people and that alone commands respect. I don't know about the rest of you but it was kinda sad watching him board the chopper today and take that last flight around the city. Good luck George W. Bush!

Biggamehit 01-21-2009 04:25 AM

Im just glad im not stationed at andrews any longer... the last 3-4 weeks for my guys back there has been hell lol.

Bumnah 01-21-2009 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by positron (Post 378949)
Like him or hate him, I still respect George W. Bush purely for the fact that he was President of the United States. This is a position obtained by only a handful of people and that alone commands respect. I don't know about the rest of you but it was kinda sad watching him board the chopper today and take that last flight around the city. Good luck George W. Bush!

It's valid point (one of the few to become pres). I simply can not look at the atrocities of this past administration and keep a respectful opinion of Bush. Yes, it wasn't all his fault, but he was at the helm of the ship.

positron 01-21-2009 04:45 PM

Also a valid point.

jramosthe1st! 01-21-2009 05:21 PM

i was going to stay out of this but mow i have something to say. so i was at my favorite chinese restaurant earlier today. i over heard a conversation that almost made me lose my appetite, well not really but it was troubling. in the booth next to me were some old folk talking about our new president. the comments were racial so it's not like there were tiring to prove a point but just denigrate him.

they were german so that probably has quite a bit to do with their attitude towards him. around here there are quite a few germans and the older one are not very kind when it comes to those not part of the master race. anyways i'm not a fan of obama and i did vote for bush the first time so i don't like nor dislike either one. i just hope things get better.

as for the, "Let's give another race a try" that just shows that this country is still far from excepting people for what they are. were all humans and placing classifications on each other like we would with species of animals is just wrong. i'm mexican because i was born in mexico not because i'm brown. i've never likeed the term "race" when referring to people.