S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/)
-   -   s-chassis. c o m vs. zilvia. n e t (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/s-chassis-c-o-m-vs-zilvia-n-e-t-46137/)

hatrick6 07-12-2009 10:11 AM

s-chassis. c o m vs. zilvia. n e t

So I recently started looking int zilvia. n e t and happen to notice how much bigger they are. At any given time they seem to have about 10x the active members that we have. Now yes I understand that they also include all the Z cars, but I still wouldn't expect them to be that much bigger than us.

Now honestly I prefer s-chassis over zilvia, I just wish our community was a little bigger (the more minds the better, to be honest I do get a little tired of getting replies on my topics from the same 5 people). So what are your thoughts on the subject? Is there anything we can do to draw more people?

Maybe one of the forum directors will chime in here, because I really have no idea how these forums work across the vastness that is the internet, so I may be just babbling about something I can't change and have no control over just like 99% of the people that use the internet ;)

I also noticed that a lot of stuff on our homepage says 2007, have we really not updated the homepage in that long???

Biggamehit 07-12-2009 12:59 PM

There is no comparison.... it's like Darwin's theory....... natural selection. some forums grow and others don't. This forum is not the slowest nor the fastest. it was my first forum ever so I will always come here.

its two different crowds also... that site is more a "show n prove your worth" type site and i don't like that crowd.... those are the kind of people who you meet in person and they have nothing to say to you.

I am member there, but i dont log on at all... unless i need to buy something.

hatrick6 07-12-2009 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Biggamehit (Post 388615)
I am member there, but i dont log on at all... unless i need to buy something.

Ya that is the other thing I like about it. A much larger crowd to buy from and sell to. Whenever I post up a WTB on here I usually don't even get a response :(

Biggamehit 07-12-2009 08:30 PM

yEAup lol that's why you join multiple forums lol... there is no cheating lol.. I am on about 20 forums lol google my name lol.

Nickmerrone 07-12-2009 08:32 PM

240sxfamily.com

it has to be the new one..hah

jramosthe1st! 07-12-2009 09:22 PM

while there may be some really knowledgeable members on zilvia, the arrogance, and childish behavior of some mods is more than i'd like to have to put up with. i haven't been on there in a few years, so i can't say for sure if things are the same or not.

here, although i don't know anyone personally, i feel like i'm amongst friends. i'd like for this place to grow as well but not at the cost of the integrity of the forums.

Nickmerrone 07-12-2009 09:37 PM

zilvia, and nico. Most of the people bash newbs. here and my site.(not advertising..) I noticed everyone is friendly, although most of our people are on those sites..its just the communitys that bring the sites together.

Biggamehit 07-13-2009 12:53 AM

yeaup Jram this is more closer nit.. although it is a nationwide forum. some guys go to sites like zlvia first and then come here with the fire blanket on and highly defensive... they dont last long and just fall off lol.

hatrick6 07-13-2009 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by jramosthe1st! (Post 388628)
while there may be some really knowledgeable members on zilvia, the arrogance, and childish behavior of some mods is more than i'd like to have to put up with. i haven't been on there in a few years, so i can't say for sure if things are the same or not.

Oh I totally agree. In fact I was wondering if this was a "drifter" thing because my local forum (az240sx. o r g) is the same way. the Mods and OG's always seem to feel the need to bash noobs and anyone else that doesn't know much and is trying to learn :(

Anyway, like I said, this is my fav forum by far because of the reasons mentioned by everyone above, I just wish it was a little bigger for sale and input purposes.

I'm starting a SCCA ST class autox build (finally after saving enough for a house :)) So I'll start a build thread here and link it in my other forums, maybe we can get some people interested her ;)

Biggamehit 07-13-2009 07:17 AM

well with forums......there is a common respect.. you kinda don't barge in and advertise. some will not allow you to display in sig and link to other sites.

i don't have an issue with it, but if the admin of the site did, those are just the rules.

Nickmerrone 07-13-2009 09:23 AM

Sorry, didn't mean to be just like that. but, Yeah club240(s-chassis) was the first 240 forum i was on. When i first joined it was really active. the second forum i joined was zilvia. They where all really rude. Nico Club, is VERY unorganized and you better get a flame suit on that site too. This place is one of my most visited forums besides tst(a local tuner site.), and my site. My place is growing, and me and s-chassis are almost on the same level of activity. I didn't start mine as competition though, more of a companion. Because this is a big forum, and like everyones nice here and all, but like with the meaning of my sites name (240sx Family.) everyone realizes that what we do is kinda a big 'ol family. haha. We all have S-chassis cars, most of us are into motorsports like auto cross, and drifting, drag, etc. And most importantly, We all like to modify our cars. Thus the name of the FAMILY. Know what I mean?

I'd hope to one day be as big as these two forums, well and the other ones that are out there. Sorry if someone see's this as advertising, I have s-chassis link on my site if that helps..haha. but uh, It was more of a hey, dont forget about us in the comparison thingy.

jramosthe1st! 07-13-2009 12:29 PM

i've read that nico is full of retards, i can't say if this is so or not since i'm not a member. i'm active here and semi-active on a semi-local site, i don't have time for much else.

Biggamehit 07-13-2009 01:34 PM

na nico is good forum i am a member there.. however its crazy super speed... if you post anything.. that **** is buried 10 pages deep in 4 min... there is a ton of info there and lots of actual Nissan techs past and present.

jramosthe1st! 07-13-2009 01:43 PM

the, "full of retards" was an actual quote and not something i came up with. i've come across such statements a number of times too. but since you say it's not so, i'll have to look for myself.

Biggamehit 07-13-2009 01:57 PM

hahaa yea i knew what you meant lol..... its a vast site... the s-chassis is just like one piece of the pie... it covers every nissan/datsun that pretty much ever existed.