S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/)
-   -   song swapping (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/song-swapping-4528/)

leiferik1 06-26-2003 10:34 AM

song swapping

music companys are going to start sending out bills in augest to people who download music offline.

they sued peer to peer networks so if you use kazaa or bearshare or imesh or any prog like that you may have to pay for the songs you've downloaded.

all the songs you've downloaded. on CNN they said some of the bills will be in the thousands of dollars :eek:

i know i used to have over 1000 songs on my computer. i hope i dont have to give them ****s any money

-HyJynX- 06-26-2003 10:46 AM

i would like to see them send out millions of checks:laugh: :laugh: they will never stop us from d/l movies, music and programs, NEVER:thumb: :p

I'm with Stupid 06-26-2003 12:41 PM

Good thing I like punk. Those record companies couldn't care less.:laugh:

-HyJynX- 06-26-2003 01:15 PM

Originally posted by I'm with Stupid
Good thing I like punk. Those record companies couldn't care less.:laugh:
lol...i got many types of music and probably will get caught:laugh: go me!:bigok: hahaha

I'm with Stupid 06-26-2003 01:25 PM

I just saw the video article on CNN.com and I seriously doubt any of their lawsuits will go very good.... Especially since there is no law regulating peer to peer networks. If the try to sue you get a lawyer and counter sew the hell out of them.:notify:

-HyJynX- 06-26-2003 01:41 PM

Originally posted by I'm with Stupid
I just saw the video article on CNN.com and I seriously doubt any of their lawsuits will go very good.... Especially since there is no law regulating peer to peer networks. If the try to sew you get a lawyer and counter sew the hell out of them.:notify:
and get rich:laugh: lol wo0!:D I doubt they will though...

240duffman 06-26-2003 07:57 PM

I use WinMX and have a couple of downloaded songs, my files aren't open for downloading form others. can they still track me?
Im not scared(:shock: ) but just want to get more info..

leiferik1 06-26-2003 11:37 PM

Originally posted by 240duffman
I use WinMX and have a couple of downloaded songs, my files aren't open for downloading form others. can they still track me?
Im not scared(:shock: ) but just want to get more info..

yeah they can still track you.

THIS IS HAPPENING!!!! the first bills roll off the line in AUG!!!!!

thats only like a few months. i'm seriously you guys, this is going to happen

-HyJynX- 06-27-2003 12:28 AM

bring it on!!!:cool: YEA YEA YEA wo0!:naughty:

-HyJynX- 06-27-2003 08:23 PM

Calls the L.A press...I GOT HOT NEWS!!! haha...im bored:laugh:

-HyJynX- 06-28-2003 09:58 AM

im a senior:cool:

leiferik1 06-28-2003 10:54 AM

you guys play nice or not at all, but i have to do my JOB....and my JOB here is to keep the peace in Off Topic.....

not trying to be a dick

I'm with Stupid 06-28-2003 02:13 PM

You're not being a dick. I should of just ignored him, but you know how it gets....

Justin.b 06-28-2003 06:29 PM

Originally posted by leiferik1
yeah they can still track you.

THIS IS HAPPENING!!!! the first bills roll off the line in AUG!!!!!

thats only like a few months. i'm seriously you guys, this is going to happen

How exactly do they get a billing address from an IP address? The record company has tried before to get the personal from ISPs and the ISPs have always held strong against it.

Unless something has changed drastically, then I won't be checking my mailbox. I shared files for a while, but I was serving them up, not downloading... and I own the CD for all the songs I have. Let them send me a bill for the few live versions I may have d/l'd over the years. They'd better get a search warrant for my hard drive to get the evidence. I'll be damn sure I cost them more in time, aggravation, and legal fees than they will ever retrieve from me.

-Justin

clikzip 06-28-2003 07:36 PM

hehe deleted my post, i thought it was funny without going too far :naughty: