Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

Stolen vehicle...:[

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Contributing Member

Stolen vehicle...:[

Hey guys, I'm posting this in off-topic just to see if anyone could help me. So as you guys know I've sold my car...so I asked my dad if I could borrow his car to go to the movies. (Bourne Ultimatum is a great movie, btw.) So I come out of the movies, and the car is GONE.

It's like a 2005 Civic Hybrid, Blue. I know what you're thinking: WHAT? WHY? I know, me too. Who the hell steals a hybrid?? Just throwing this out there to you guys if anyone in my area and beyond sees or knows anything about it.

Licence plate is 5385CX.

This is a long shot, but I wanna keep eyes open. Thanks guys.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:53 PM
Contributing Member

wow, that sucks, i hope you find it...
Old 08-10-2007, 02:18 AM
Contributing Member

wow that blows man, what a way to ruin a night after a bourne movie. I hope you find it
Old 08-10-2007, 03:06 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah, man! That's what I'm saying. What a blower of a night. I'm still up right now it's like 6AM, had to deal with the police, mall security, and insurance and all...

...I feel bad for my dad cause he has to go to work today and 1) he was up till like 3AM trying to sort things out, and 2) his car got stolen.

I was given responsibility for it too, damn! People keep saying it's not my fault, but I still feel like crap for having it happen under my care...bleh.

If it was my car, I probably wouldn't care as much, but seeing as I didn't pay for it and someone else has to, it makes it worse.

Either way, thanks for keeping a look out guys. I appreciate it. I know you guys might not be searching around for Civic parts or anything like that, but if you come across anything, or see anything; again...thanks.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:55 AM

im assuming you live in a big city, with a mall and all [haha] but seriously im sorry. never been through that, but could only imagine...
Old 08-10-2007, 06:10 AM

Sorry about that!
Hope you find the car!
Old 08-10-2007, 06:25 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by neville610135
im assuming you live in a big city, with a mall and all [haha] but seriously im sorry. never been through that, but could only imagine...
...You guys don't have a mall?

That, and thanks once again, guys.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:22 AM
Contributing Member

wtf bro. i didn't think gas was THAT expensive now. Hybrids are probably hard to steal. let us know when you get the car back, and/or another kouki
Old 08-10-2007, 09:41 AM

Damn, that sucks man, hope they find it soon
Old 08-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Contributing Member

Ahaha, hey, thanks again.

Spencer--thats exactly what I'm saying! Since when have Hybrids been a hot item on the black market!?

The theif is probably bragging to his friends right now, how he gets 40 miles per gallon...that bastard.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:09 PM

Did you call your local shops, impound lots, junk yards and scrap yards?

If I lived closer to you I would open up a case file for you, but I can't do that from here, I'm still part of the AFIC if you need anything from my end, you know, the whole "think like a cop" spill.

-Stig
Old 08-10-2007, 01:17 PM

sorry to hear that man...has to suck horribly =/ where do you live btw?
Old 08-10-2007, 01:59 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks, Stig. I appreciate that bro--I definitely did hit up some places looking for the vehicle, all of which led to dead ends.

I live in Woodbridge, VA...typically upper-middle - middle class neighborhoods with a few shady areas here and there, but not a lot of big stuff really happens here. I mean people say "Hoodbridge", and all that, but other than little kids playing gangster in their mom and dad's basements, it's not THAT ghetto. We're actually in the DC Metro area, so stuff like that isn't UNHEARD of, but very uncommon for an UNMODIFIED car.

Hopefully it was someone joyriding or something, and hopefully the car will turn up in a few days or something, but who knows?
Old 08-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Contributing Member

wow, what are the chances...

but hey, since it sounds like auto theft is pretty rare, at least the cops will take it seriously and work quickly since they dont have 300 GTA cases a day like in other areas.

best of luck.

oh and dude, its not your fault, **** happens...
Old 08-10-2007, 02:06 PM

Well to be honest with you, your chances of finding your car after the first 72 hours are very slim. Make sure you continue to bug the cops, because they are people too, police officers aren't super sleuths with ultra-brains that are like a steel trap, they forget and a file that's placed into it's cabinet is often left there until some hot-shot rookie detective decides to pull open the case.

Honestly . . .a week after a stolen-property totaling over 5,000 recoverable dollars hits its week-long point, it's closed as unsolved.

So definitely, stay on the heels of the police, don't get in trouble but be as much of a squeaky wheel as possible.

-Stig

Quick Reply: Stolen vehicle...:[