S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/)
-   -   Venting (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/venting-45239/)

Morrison240 01-16-2009 01:24 PM

Venting

So I have came into this IT job for chevron that im excited about, this means i finally get to stop driving my stripped out track driven 240 as a daily. So i start kicking around ideas of newer used cars such as a Rx8 or a 350z etc to be used as a daily driver. I pop over into a couple of their forums to get a feel for some of the new people i would meet if i chose the perceptive car that goes with the proper forum. After looking over several forums posts i find myself getting annoyed and disgusted. The ignorance and snide remarks out there, it makes glad i didn't sign up for any of them. I have been on this forum for sometime now and don't get me wrong, we get plenty of waste of space posts but its nothing like some of the other forums out there. To sum up and get to my point, there's no forum like a S-chassis forum. It just feels like home.

FuriousZ 01-16-2009 01:44 PM

I agree.

jramosthe1st! 01-16-2009 01:47 PM

s-chassis not that bad of a place. a bit low on traffic but not a bad place at all. btw congrats on the new job too bad it's in bakersfield. might i sudgest an infinity any infinity will do just nicly imo.

Morrison240 01-16-2009 01:53 PM

thank you for your suggestion, i definitely thought about a G35 and am still considering it, it just seems to "ritzy" than what am used to.

battosaii930 01-16-2009 02:07 PM

was considering an STi as my daily but people tell me im gona forget about the 240 all together if i get an STi but i dunno

jramosthe1st! 01-16-2009 04:28 PM

both the sti and the g35 are great cars but the g35 sedan is better imo because of the sports car features yet it makes a good family car also.

hatrick6 01-16-2009 07:38 PM

:beerchug: word

battosaii930 01-17-2009 06:13 AM

never liked the g35 sedan to me its fugly lol if i was gona get a sedan in the price range it would have to be an STi

Initial Daniel 01-17-2009 10:58 AM

Dude, I'm in the same boat. I sold my 240 (I know I say this just about every post I make) and I REGRET IT, REGRET IT, REGRET IT. Right now I own an S2000. Don't get me wrong, it's a NICE car, but...I'd give it up for my 240 again...or maybe at least have both cars.

The community that I'm in with the S2K's are eh...I don't feel as actively involved.

Bumnah 01-17-2009 11:17 AM

I'd take an s2k over my 240 any day of the week.

Lord Umoja 01-17-2009 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Morrison240 (Post 378756)
So I have came into this IT job for chevron that im excited about, this means i finally get to stop driving my stripped out track driven 240 as a daily. So i start kicking around ideas of newer used cars such as a Rx8 or a 350z etc to be used as a daily driver. I pop over into a couple of their forums to get a feel for some of the new people i would meet if i chose the perceptive car that goes with the proper forum. After looking over several forums posts i find myself getting annoyed and disgusted. The ignorance and snide remarks out there, it makes glad i didn't sign up for any of them. I have been on this forum for sometime now and don't get me wrong, we get plenty of waste of space posts but its nothing like some of the other forums out there. To sum up and get to my point, there's no forum like a S-chassis forum. It just feels like home.

OH SUCK IT UP AND WITH IT!!!!

J/k I know how you feel man. First of all Congrats on the Job:smilie_thumbsup: Anyway, I know about the different car owner groups having completely different additudes, especially newer cars having very stuck up owners. I always felt welcome on here and the Mustang website I'm on (Mach 1 Specific though) however some of the complete mustang sites, a fair numbr of civic sites, and such have really annoying crybaby or ultra stuck up "I Know EVERYTHING" posters that make posting or attending meets just not worth it at all.

I know this is a long shot and not well accepted on here but have you thought about buying a used american car? If you're looking for a fun but completely different experience may I reccomend purchasing a used Mustang from the 99-04 era? I am (Obviously) partial to the Mach 1 if you can find one. Fun car, 300+hp stock, and a solid rear axle. It is a completely different experience from a 240 but an absolute blast for knuckle dragging fun. Even the GT Mustang is a good choice, as the 2-valve motor is pretty receptive to work. I think Dave can chip in more info on a stang if you have even the slightest interest.

Congrats again on the job!

jramosthe1st! 01-17-2009 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bumnah (Post 378798)
I'd take an s2k blah blah blah blah

there must be something wrong with the forum because all i see is gibberish after you mentioned a honda. :dunno:

Bumnah 01-17-2009 09:38 PM

I'm the same way. I get S2k on my mind and that's all I think about, everything else is so blah.

Initial Daniel 01-18-2009 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bumnah (Post 378798)
I'd take an s2k over my 240 any day of the week.

Haha, I mean like I said, it's a nice car--it's a dream to drive, I'm just afraid of F-ing it up more than I would with my 240.

If I could have both, then that would be awesome--but I'd rather get wreckless with the 240 than this car.

I def. want to hit the track, just don't think I will with the S2K (even if it is kind of geared for track use).

Bumnah 01-18-2009 10:33 AM

Yeah, I can def. understand where you're coming from. Wrecking my s13 is one thing since I can find another shall for a few hundred bucks, but if I ever do wreck my s13, I'd like to find a nice clean FD Rx7 shell to swap my sr20 into.

S2000 is a fantastic car. I love the AP1. AP2 I'm not so keen on. I drove my friends AP1 with 4.77 rear end gears and a032 R compound tires, wow what a joy to drive!

Never mind the double wishbone front suspension and a wonderfully stiff chassis (in comparison to the 240sx cardboard like chassis).

Yeah it's way better.