Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

who didn't vote and what's your excuse?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 12:59 AM
Contributing Member

Ill just say keep this thread Civil or ill lock it.

you have the choice to vote or not to vote.

i will not discusse my decision, being that im a US Service member and i am a representative of the service.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:10 AM
Contributing Member

her man were all civil here no worries
Old 11-05-2008, 03:34 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah, political discussions do get heated. My friends always ask me who I voted for. Most of the time I've already got a sense of who THEY voted for; so I just reply with the opposite candidate.

For the strangest reason, their reaction is usually ANGER. This girl asked me yesterday, and I said "McCain", because she supports Obama, and she acted like I punched her mother in the face.

I think it just matters that you voted PERIOD. (Thanks to everyone who did, by the way.)

To those of you who didn't...

...I guess you can still hang.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:30 AM

I voted Chuck Baldwin. I think both candidates suck.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:35 AM
Contributing Member

I didnt vote because I exercized my 5th amendment rights. Haha. I have the right to remain silent.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Bumnah
I voted Chuck Baldwin. I think both candidates suck.
i don't know who chuck balwin is and don't believe i have ever heard of him. so it might be safe to say that a fair number of the over all population haven't either. with that said do you truely believe that your vote was not a wasted vote as they say or would you say it's a matter of principal?
Old 11-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Contributing Member

I didn't vote because I had so many solicitors come to my home... at odd hours. I need to put a big sign on my front door that says "My doberman eats solicitors" now. I would like to see a candidate who can win over enough people without campaigning so damn much. I did not want to vote for either candidate. I would have voted Nader if he was the GP candidate.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Contributing Member

Name:  30ud7a1.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  81.2 KB
Old 11-08-2008, 12:24 AM
Contributing Member

hahh good stuff yea seen that around
Old 11-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Contributing Member

ok i now have a slight different question that i'd like to have dj and dave answer since they are the only two black members that i know of. but first some background info regarding my question.

at work there this a guy who happens to be black. he claims that now that we have or will have shortly a black president, things will be better specifically for blacks. i'd also like to add at the risk of sounding racist that this guy is your stereotypical black 20ish year old male. he's the guy i ranted about in another thread who drives a crown vic on 20's and is receiving all sorts of government assistance ie food stamps and what not because he feels that he's entitled to it because he's been oppressed his entire life by white americans. i'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that he's been in and out of jail for shoplifting and vandalism though.

anyways my question is do you guys really believe that blacks specifically will benefit from having a black president? i personally don't, race, color or gender don't mean anything in politics.

btw i realize that this has potential to get out of hand but don't believe it will. either way if you guys deem it necessary to lock this thread then do so.
Old 11-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Contributing Member

It's all psychological. But it's also a symbol of how far the african american population has come in the last 1/2 century.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:15 PM

a good thing that can come out of this is blacks can see how a typical family should be instead of everyone in the "ghettos" hopefully the obama family can show that blacks can grow normal families and be great rolemodels instead of dysfunctional families that are typically shown nowadays. at least that is what i am hoping for. I am tired of people thing the ghettos are cool and you are cool for growing up there.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:56 PM
Contributing Member

if by typical you mean divorced or with a drinking problem i don't see that as a good thing. isn't that what the typiccal american family has become. to say that blacks or any other group of people should learn to be more like the typical american is just ignorant. look at the statistics and you'll see just how bad the typical amrican family is.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:19 PM
Contributing Member

ramos dont be to hard on him you know what he ment
Old 11-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Contributing Member

Because I am tired of this **** all over the web. i'll bring up some of my cliff note points from other theads. people who write 3 screen worth of **** online need to learn that No one gives a hell.

- People need to learn to shut up and KNOW that they don't KNOW **** about what's going on in our nations capital. I worked in the heart of it for two years and the people in the know don't even know what's going on

- People of all races are ignorant for the things that have been said in relation to this elections. ignorance has a brain and a mouth that is all.

- I don't follow politics I live it

- Mr. Obama will be running a nation, not your neighborhood watch, you will not get any handout. go outside an be productive, all of your issues will go away.

- He is not 100% black. everyone with dark skin is not black

- He will not single handily run this country, its a team effort, he is just a mere figure head with a staff of great people under him and that goes for all presidents. if there was ever a ****ty Pres. in the nations eyes, look at those around him.

- I just think logically. I throw "what if's" out the window and think with my head in relation to all this jazz and i'm sorry I just could careless about all of this crap. I am a productive citizen of this country and I am free for the most part to pursue whatever I want so I am happy with life.

- Selfishness is what comes to mind.
( In General )

I
I
I
I
I
I

Last edited by Biggamehit; 11-09-2008 at 09:34 PM.