S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/)
-   -   worst movie you've seen (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/worst-movie-youve-seen-45073/)

jramosthe1st! 11-24-2008 09:25 AM

worst movie you've seen

as always i like to give some background concerning the topic and while i'm sure we've discussed this before i can't heart to do it again. i've read nothing but bad reviews about "the happening" so i decided to watch it for myself. i just couldn't believe that this movie was really that bad. all in all the movie was not as bad a i read, there were aspects of the film that were bad. as a whole the movies was ok.

"the mist" and "cloverfiled" were far worse imo. this year was an exceptionally bad year for movies. while there were some decent one early in 2008 the most recent ones have been really bad. all this is subjecting thought so i'd like to hear your thoughts on this years movies.

"rambo" is my favorite movie of this year so far but "punisher war zone" looks promising. i don't normally watch gory movies but these two cough my interest.

Bumnah 11-24-2008 09:54 AM

worst movie by far this year was american gangster. a big waste of time.

directed by ridley scott, with washington and crowe. it was a b movie at best.

m night shamalayayaya movies i wouldnt' waste my time on. signs is in my top 3 worst movies of all time. after that movie i can't respect any films by him.

USMCDrifter 11-24-2008 10:04 AM

Anaconda, Anacondas, The Asylum, Boo, Dead Birds, The Happening, The Mist . . . . hmmmmm . . . there are a lot more, I just have been trying to block them all out.

-Dave

jramosthe1st! 11-24-2008 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Bumnah (Post 377008)
m night shamalayayaya movies i wouldnt' waste my time on. signs is in my top 3 worst movies of all time. after that movie i can't respect any films by him.

shamalayayaya? is that an inside indian joke i don't know about?

but yeah signs was bad. i do like "the village" though there's something about the idea of getting away from the city that had my attention.

silviaks2nr 11-24-2008 02:36 PM

"The Wicker Man"
"Lions for Lambs"
are both terrible

240smoke 11-24-2008 03:25 PM

Cloverfield was pretty cool, only cause I was trashed. Haha.

Saw V was horrible. The first couple were ok, it just seems like they cant come up with any more good ideas so they just make it more disturbing.

HKST04Z 11-24-2008 07:31 PM

quarantine sucked.....plain and simple one of the worst zombie movies i have ever seen

Bumnah 11-24-2008 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by jramosthe1st! (Post 377012)
shamalayayaya? is that an inside indian joke i don't know about?

but yeah signs was bad. i do like "the village" though there's something about the idea of getting away from the city that had my attention.

no. he just sucks so bad he doesn't even deserve to have his name spelled properly.

Die Trying 11-24-2008 08:06 PM

i thought the happening was okay, i just saw it the other day. im surprised you didnt like american gangster though...minus the fact its just shy of 3 hours. Punisher Wat zone looks very promising.....lets see... Max Payne was VERY dissapointing. thought Wall-E was dumb and it was very very painful to sit through...and i only saw it because i took a hott girl to see it and chicks like cute movies.

240sxNLR 11-24-2008 08:41 PM

How about the "Nothing Happenning"? That movie blows. Quarrantine was really bad. There were some good movies though....god knows I have had time to watch movies this year...even if they were a bit later than when I am at home.

jramosthe1st! 11-24-2008 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bumnah (Post 377053)
no. he just sucks so bad he doesn't even deserve to have his name spelled properly.

i know i know i just had to ask and sarcasm doesn't come across well here.

i almost forgot but "wanted" was so bad i couldn't finish watching it. i actually watched all of the other bad movies i mentioned but that one was just stupid. i was looking forward to watching "quarantine" but i guess i wont bother now.

Die Trying 11-24-2008 09:19 PM

BURN AFTER READING! thats the one i forgot. it has brad pitt and george clooney in it...seriously wasted my money..oh wait and the X-files movie

USMCDrifter 11-24-2008 09:31 PM

But . . .but . . .i wuv x-files . . . .:(

Shoot em up wasn't good, wasn't terrible . . .but was far from good . . .I mean, if you watch it for guns . . .it's awesome . . .but if you think there's a plot or good acting . . .well . . .it's horrible.

I'm almost surprised this hasn't been said yet:

The Initial D Live Action . . .abysmal at best

These are cesspool bad
The Messengers
Darkness
Meet The Spartans
Epic Movie
Superhero Movie
Dragon Wars
An American Haunting
Alien Vs. Predator Requiem
Solstice
Shutter
Wind Chill
Twilight of the Dark Master (and I'm an anime fan)
Hallows End
War (and I am almost in love with Jason Staatham)
Transporter 2 (speaking of which)

I'm a Blockbuster: Total Access member, so I get a LOT of movies . . .LMAO . . .however, all I'll be getting for the next month or so will be JDM Option . . .because someone's big brother doesn't know how to repay his debts.

-Dave

Bumnah 11-25-2008 04:16 AM

Here's two movies everyone should checkout:

City of God (Brazilian movie in Portuguese)
The Constant Gardener

Both directed by the same person. City of God is quite possibly one of the best films I've ever seen. The constant Gardener is fantastic as well.

Most of the movies listed, like Meet the Spartans, and Epic movie; I've got to ask, did you really expect them to be good?

As for American Gangster, worthless pile of crap. 3 hours barely any action, and there were characters that could be completely omitted from the movie and you wouldn't lose a thing. Example, the lady that played Washington's wife. The real kicker is, because of the people involved with the movie and with enough marketing that movie probably made more money than it should have. People also for some reason find it it hard to believe with such a strong film cast it could be bad. TERRIBLE FILM. I actually considered turning it off and walking away, and I've sat through mind numbers like Sisterhood of the traveling pants, hell I'd rather watch that than American Crapster.

Biggamehit 11-25-2008 04:37 AM

i dont even watch movies anymore. ... reality is cooler

stig **** uuuuff

i personally like 80s and early 90s movies