S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/)
-   -   Worst weekend ever (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/worst-weekend-ever-12718/)

-HyJynX- 05-22-2004 08:51 PM

Worst weekend ever

4 Attachment(s)
WARNING, this is going to be a VERY long read

Ok well it all started yesterday. For about a week my car has been inching over to overheating, and the over flow tank has been boiling after the car is shut off. First thing I did, change the radiator cap. Did good, no more boiling....INSTEAD the small oil leak I had came back to haunt me. I thought everthing was ok, so I drove to our weekly meet...when I was entering the parking lot a bunch of steam came up from under my hood, I couldnt tell what happend till daylight, drove home and it was even worst! Oil dripped onto a heater core hose and made a nice slit into it
Attachment 29883
Coolant spews out onto the tranny and exhaust and causes the steam. So I got the heater core hoses and radiator hoses(the radiator hoses from Kragen auto parts and the heater core hoses from Mazda dealership) Some of the radiator hoses didnt even come close to fitting...went back and got some that were close to stock and had to cut them to fit. So we replaced the hoses and thermostat/gasket, flushed the coolant and replaced. Took it for a drive and it was still running a little hot...parked at home and added a little more coolant. STill the same, drove it a few miles away and back...seemed ok, still running to hot for my liking, so I parked it outside on the street like usual. I was pretty pissed by this time, dead tired and have had a really hard week. A couple hours later(its pretty dark out now) I go out side to drive it again, opened the driver side door and it wont all the way, look at the fender and someone hit my car and didnt leave a note!!!:angry: :angry:
Attachment 29884
Attachment 29885
I was beyond pissed by this time, drove it around again and it seemed ok...until I parked my car at my house on the street again turned off the car and saw a little steam coming up from under my hood...not again! Popped the hood and guess what...my radiator busted! Spewing coolant all over the intake piping, radiator hoses, fan and alternator. Decided to take some pics of it...
you can see the coolant a little http://img42.photobucket.com/albums/...x/DSC01710.jpg
The trail of blood
Attachment 29886

What a horrible week...and the thing is I have VERY little money, no job, going to have finals for college in a week, have a final project to finish, have my car to fix, have to look for a job...and so much more. I love life:banghead: Thanks for listening to my wonderful rant:angry: :angry:

smokie700 05-22-2004 09:38 PM

It will get better trust me, now just worry about 1 thing at a time and deal with it. Don't let all the little things build up or it can be destructive.

focalguy 05-22-2004 11:26 PM

Day-um, that really sucks bro. Why can't people be honest when they f-up and leave a note?!!

It can only go up from here though, right?!
Good luck on the finals!

-HyJynX- 05-22-2004 11:43 PM

Originally posted by smokie700
It will get better trust me, now just worry about 1 thing at a time and deal with it. Don't let all the little things build up or it can be destructive.
Thats a little tough, but I will take my time thats for sure:confused:

Originally posted by focalguy
Day-um, that really sucks bro. Why can't people be honest when they f-up and leave a note?!!

It can only go up from here though, right?!
Good luck on the finals!

Yea I know...I have a feeling it was someone trying to back up. I hope it can only go up from today...:confused:

l2aine 05-25-2004 12:11 PM

perfect reason to trade for a.... Nissan :D

Sorry about reading about your whole weekend... the hit n' run part was the clincher there... I feel for ya man... :tear:

-HyJynX- 05-25-2004 02:38 PM

Originally posted by l2aine
perfect reason to trade for a.... Nissan :D

Sorry about reading about your whole weekend... the hit n' run part was the clincher there... I feel for ya man... :tear:

:nono: lol;)

Here's a little update....

Me and my dad pulled out the dent, there is still some scratches and small dents on the fender, but looks good for now. Pulled out the radiator and waiting for a double core radiator to put in.

TekRPS13 05-26-2004 02:59 AM

that sucks man specially the hit and run part hope everything goes good from here on up keep us posted on how the car is

Oracle 05-26-2004 12:41 PM

Whoa that sounds like a realli horrible weekend especially in the car department glad to hear you fixed the dent. The same thing happened to my friends eclipse but he kicked his car and the fender bent in but it sorta the same thing it all sucks good luck with everything else.

-HyJynX- 05-26-2004 02:25 PM

Thanks guys, btw oracle...great sig:thumb:(I'm a fan of Slipknot my self)I'll tell you guys how it goes tomorrow when I put in the new radiator and test her out.

Chedderknight 05-27-2004 02:20 PM

dude i had the exact same kinda trouble with my car, first my radiator busts out, changed it, 3 days later, my water pump just breaks down overheating my car, changed that, a week later my main coolant hose cracks spewing hot coolant over my engine and on me, i have the burn marks to show, changed that and now i gotta change my breaks.....but all in all it can really just go up, but thats ****ed about the hit and run, i hate people like that, wheres the HONOR!!!! i feel for you man, just concentrate on your finals for now, who knows maybe we can help out somehow...

S14 RACER209 05-28-2004 01:22 PM

Originally posted by Chedderknight
but thats ****ed about the hit and run, i hate people like that, wheres the HONOR!!!! i feel for you man, just concentrate on your finals for now, who knows maybe we can help out somehow...
YEAH!! it must of been a damn honda civic RICE BOY trying to drift:mad:

-HyJynX- 05-28-2004 01:53 PM

lol dont know about the rice boy drifting, I'm pretty sure it was someone trying to back up.

BTW...I fixed the problem! Got a dual core radiator and fixed a small oil leak. Drove around for awhile, everything seems good!

Oracle 05-28-2004 04:06 PM

Its good you got your beast workin again. Have you heard the new Slipknot CD unbeleivably good. If you dont know about it its called "The Subliminal Verses" probably the best CD besides Iowa.

-HyJynX- 05-28-2004 07:47 PM

Originally posted by Oracle
Its good you got your beast workin again. Have you heard the new Slipknot CD unbeleivably good. If you dont know about it its called "The Subliminal Verses" probably the best CD besides Iowa.
:bigok: Yep, got it a couple days ago. Good CD, but it's pretty damn different then their other 2 cds. Still great though, hopefully I will see them at ozzfest!

go S13 06-16-2004 12:30 AM

that is what happened to my car! First, I seem a lot of coolant drip on the ground when I got back from supermarket! But I was rushing to go somewhere else, so just top the coolant, takes more than a gallon of coolant.(damm lucky I have spare coolant at home). Then, I drove to Orange from Norwalk. When I came back, the car start to overheat, and white smoke come out! I pulled my car over and poped the hood, the hot coolant just shoot to my face, I almost get burned. Then, I wait to let it cooland top some coolant again, and drive it home! Later on, I found out the heater hose had a crack that cause the whole problem, luck me that motor is ok!