S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/)
-   -   Your stupidest ticket (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/your-stupidest-ticket-37818/)

trevr 03-03-2007 05:28 PM

Your stupidest ticket

Just got a dumb arse ticket.

Last night I was leaving a gas station, and as I was leaving I turned on my head lights.. not even a moment later, a cop pulled me over. The cop asked me if I knew why he pulled me over, I say no, and he said because my head lights weren't on and he'll have to cite me for a moving violation. I tell him my lights were on, and are still on at that moment. He answered that when my front wheels hit the streets my lights weren't on. So, I say whatever, you represent that law go do what you gotta do.

So later this month, I'll go to court and see the judge.

Anyone else got a stupid ticket they can share?

sr91240 03-03-2007 05:58 PM

damn thats retarded, cops dont have anything better to do but ive never gotten any stupid tickets just speeding and doing a burnout in a parking lot

jramosthe1st! 03-03-2007 06:07 PM

i got a no seat belt ticket for only wearing the belt that goes across the chest and not the lap one.

dumbest thing i did that got me a ticket was doing 77mph in a 25mph. fortunately it was my first offence and the cop let me off with just a speeding ticket. i'm done speeding now it's just not worth it.

trevr 03-03-2007 06:14 PM

I went through a road block once with just my should strap, and the cop advise me to use the lap belt - used it ever since.

77 in a 25, wow, that must have been some fine!

You can get a ticket around here if you "break traction." doesn't matter if you're burning out, or if you accelerate a little to quickly and chirp the tires; you'll get a ticket

sr91240 03-03-2007 06:15 PM

Originally posted by jramosthe1st!
i got a no seat belt ticket for only wearing the belt that goes across the chest and not the lap one.

dumbest thing i did that got me a ticket was doing 77mph in a 25mph. fortunately it was my first offence and the cop let me off with just a speeding ticket. i'm done speeding now it's just not worth it.

yea i hear you man i wouldnt mind it if you just had to pay but its court that gets me

jramosthe1st! 03-03-2007 06:25 PM

Originally posted by trevr
77 in a 25, wow, that must have been some fine!
no i went to court and told the judge that i knew what i did was wrong. i also told him that i wasn't speeding intentionally, i just spaced out for a few seconds. i think it was like $150 fine best thing was that my insurance rates never went up.

sr91240 03-03-2007 06:33 PM

Originally posted by jramosthe1st!
no i went to count and told the judge that i knew what i did was wrong. i also told him that i wasn't speeding intentionally, i just spaced out for a few seconds. i think it was like $150 fine best thing was that my insurance rates never went up.
haha yea spaced out just enough to triple the speed limit haha

jramosthe1st! 03-03-2007 06:42 PM

yup it sounds like a stupid excuse but it the truth. if it wasn't for the stop sign i probably would have made it to about 115mph.

but like i said that's a thing of the past speeding, street racing and all things of that sort are against the law for a reason.

RuizXIII 03-03-2007 08:55 PM

the headlight thing is pretty stupid.

LA_phantom_240 03-03-2007 09:14 PM

I would be like, well I turned on my lights but being popups they have a second or two delay between when the switch is turned and when they light up. I think thatll get you through fine.

trevr 03-03-2007 09:29 PM

that might have worked if i was in the 240... i'll keep that in mind if this should ever happen again :D

ryguy 03-04-2007 11:40 AM

Man i hate quota time. It seems like once a month theres somebody pulled over on every street. One time I was pulled over for "speeding" even though I wasnt. I accelerated from a stop sign fast and the cop told me that "It sounded like you were speeding" and let me off with a warning. Then another time a cop pulled me over after I had already parked in front of my house. I parked next to the curb and suddenly there was a cop behind me with his lights on. He told me my car was too loud, and then I told him it would cost $300 to make it quieter, and he just said "oh ok, have a nice day" and drove away.

driftpirate_s13 03-04-2007 11:43 AM

no turn signal...i was following my friends to his house...and we passed the cop doing 55 in a 45, cop pulled out behind me...and pulled me over as we took a left hand turn said i didnt use my turn signal and made the van behind me brake DRASTICALLY, so yea...also have had 4 speeding tickets in my truck

MS!3 03-04-2007 01:49 PM

Originally posted by ryguy
He told me my car was too loud, and then I told him it would cost $300 to make it quieter, and he just said "oh ok, have a nice day" and drove away.
man wish i coulda pulled that off, i got fined like $150 for my exhaust, and i have to go to court may 14.:anger2:

trevr 03-04-2007 02:24 PM

Would a silencer qualify as a correction, then your ticket could get waived? Then just take the silencer off.