S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   RB (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/rb-75/)
-   -   RB26 questions (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/rb-75/rb26-questions-36612/)

AZdrifterS13 12-30-2006 12:52 AM

RB26 questions

Hey so I have been thinking about doing an RB26 swap instead of the SR so I can get the extra power i want but a couple things concern me. First is that i can't find a good parts store for the RB's, does anyone know of any? And another thing is what kind of EMS would i have to use? Are there any plug and plays for a RB into an S13? Those are my two main concerns, i could pretty much work the rest out. Thanks for your help.

motegineon 12-30-2006 06:55 AM

ems and parts are the least of your worries, you need to do a lot more searching first

and the extra power? how much power do u plan on having?

240steve 12-30-2006 10:05 AM

the EMS and part stores are very little concers the major concers are do u have to money for all the fabrication needed. do u have to time to do this and do u know how to customize the drive shaft and fabricat the trans mount . and after that then u would need to worry about everthin else

Bryan 12-30-2006 11:36 AM

Like Brian asked, how much power are you looking at making?

Also, http://www.mckinneymotorsports.com/ has some RB swap stuff. Phase2motortrend, 240sxmotoring, takakaira, theskylineshop.com, raretrick, most sites that sell 240 stuff have RB stuff.

AZdrifterS13 01-02-2007 02:43 AM

Yes i have read all about it, i know the kind of work that is involved in putting an RB in, and im ready to deal with it, but i havent read anything about what is the right EMS choice, thats what i was asking about. If you dont have an answer to my question, dont reply. I dont need you to tell me to worry about different stuff, i am not dumb and i have already planned that out. Thank you s13 240 for answering one of my questions, i'll check those guys out.

AZdrifterS13 01-03-2007 06:18 PM

so does anyone know the solution to my EMS problem??

Bryan 01-04-2007 01:36 PM

Whats wrong with stock? I'm sure it will suffice unless you plan on making huge power...

AZdrifterS13 01-05-2007 01:33 AM

what with the stock RB EMS? will that just plug right in for a 240SX?? I dont know, I guess I just dont know that much about ems's...Im looking to make like 500 rwhp, i havent planned it out much yet but i know if you are gonna bump the injector size by more than 50% than you need a full EMS instead of a piggy-back. idk I guess I will just do some more research.

240SXdood9 01-27-2007 05:46 PM

No, the stock RB26 ecu will not be plug and play. If you want 500rwhp then your gonna need a EMS, bigger injectors, meth/water injection for some reliability, single turbo manifold, and a lot more stuff including a good suspension because of the weight of the S13 and a new rear axle. I have a s14 and it's got a little more weight to it but I won't be spinning my tires everywhere especially with 11 inch wide tires on the back.

I would go with AEM EMS or Autronic SM4, your just gonna need to fab up a harness for both. Those are probably two of the best EMS's out there. Hydra is supposed to be really good too, I haven't put too much research towards it.

As to the driveshaft issue you can get one that's already fabbed up that will handle up to 750hp at McKinney Motorsports. It will probably handle more, we'll find out once I order it and get it installed on my car.

tehott240 01-27-2007 05:52 PM

if your wnating alot of power then get the apexi s-afcI, or II. and get it tunned right.

Bryan 01-27-2007 09:38 PM

If he's looking to make a decent amount of power, a simple piggyback unit will not be sufficient in managing the car.

AZdrifterS13 01-27-2007 11:53 PM

Well yeah i knew I would have to get a new EMS and injectors for 500+ hp. But I dont see the need for water injection. Its going to be a daily driver. And I'm gonna keep the twins. I dont want to go single turbo. I'm going with 10.5 rims in the back, and I'll get the Mckinney driveshaft, along with all the other products they have available for the RB26 swap. That is one awesome place, they will make the swap so much easier. For EMS I'm most likely going to get a Power FC from AEM. That will be the cheapest and easiest route, but it wont lack quality. OK anyway, this got long. Goodluck with your RB26 240SXDood9.

240SXdood9 02-10-2007 02:26 PM

Ok, a few more things to help you out.

Power FC is made by apexi, not AEM.

If your going with twin turbos then you will def need water/meth injection. With twin's and your goal of 500+ your going to be running high boost, and along with being a daily driver your asking for something to blow up without some injection. Daily driver usually equals reliabilty. High boost twin turbos does not equal reliabilty. The RB26 is a beast but high boost without a high enough octance gas is a killer and I'm pretty sure your not going to be buying race gas all the time. I've been rebuilding engines since I was 13 with my brother and spun bearings and thrown rods are not fun.

Your also gonna need a wiring harness, new gauges, and more stuff that I can't think of right now.

Oh, and a good tune.

Levi SPL S14 02-10-2007 02:58 PM

ummm why not use the stock 26 harness? You dont have to convert much to make the harness work for all the dash displays thats the only thing i can see as the issue.

AZdrifterS13 02-11-2007 03:14 AM

How is water injection feasible on a daily driver? Wouldn't i constantly have to refill the tank every time i went to the store or something?? I've read about a lot of cars that are daily drivers pushing 500+ without any form of injection. I'm sorry if i sound rude or anything, but that just doesn't sound correct to me. I'll do some more research on the subject. Thanks for your help though. And the ems thing was just a mix up, my bad.