S-Chassis Annoucements Discuss our latest site announcements.

Another typical noob post. More like vent.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:16 AM

Unhappy Another typical noob post. More like vent.

What's up guys. Hope everybody is doing well today.

It's that time of month again where I'm Googling and going on Craigslist in search of any potential 240s, s13 or s14. I turned 18 not too long ago and am a senior in high school. I'm about to go to college, Purdue for engineering. I've loved the car culture for quite a while, about 6 years back when I started watching Initial D in 6th grade lol. Then I got into the F&F franchise and just enjoyed cars even more. I live in Indianapolis (midwest sucks when it comes to the car scene) so it's hard for me to find people that are into more of JDM culture. All I've been doing for the past 6 years was watch Top Speed, Car Throttle, lurk through 240 pages on Facebook and I'm also in several closed groups like 240sx owners, s-chassis lovers, etc. I went to my first genuine car meet over in California about a week ago when I was visiting a friend. They said it wasn't much since they go to better ones like all the time (LA, SoCal life). It was freaking awesome. I saw cars I had only dreamed of seeing, cars I thought I'd never see in Indiana. Super clean 240s, an 86 GTS, MK2 + 3 + 4 supras, saw a really cute miata but mistook it for a freaking s2k and I kind of wanted to kill myself lol, Datsuns (saw one with such a clean SR20 swap), and so much more. It was all just so awesome.

I really want to get a 240 and do my own thing with it. I want to take all that research and dreaming I've been doing for the past 6 years and actually DO something with it. But, I'm the oldest of 3, about to go to college full time for engineering (we aren't even allowed to have cars our freshman year, plus you don't really need a car in Purdue). I mean yeah I guess I could take action after I graduate college but I'm afraid my love for cars will eventually be eaten away by real world problems like practicality.

I sincerely apologize if I wasted everybody's time with a pointless post, but I just wanted to vent and get my feelings out. I've been having a rough time lately (boy problems and senioritis kicking in). I just want a little guidance here. Thanks guys.
Old 03-18-2023, 05:07 AM

If you have a dream, go after it while you are still young