S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/s-chassis-newbie-faqs-forum-43/)
-   -   camry owner mabye getting a 240 (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/s-chassis-newbie-faqs-forum-43/camry-owner-mabye-getting-240-a-19632/)

Xevuhtess7 01-28-2005 08:59 PM

camry owner mabye getting a 240

hey guys, im a junior in highschool right now and i drive a 94 camry v6 that ive done a little bit of modifying to. i am about to drop 1200 into a manual conversion with racing clutch and flywheel but this, and dead struts and cv axles are making the camry cost a lot :confused:

my dad doesnt think its worth it to dump so much money into a car, considering it has 170k miles on it. im just sad to let it go cause i know you guys must all think its a piece of **** but ive fallen in love with it and it will be tough to part with my camry.

my dad has offered to get me a used car of around 5 grand or less, so this opens up a lot of options for me. i am into autocrossing and dragging, so handling is important to me so i am looking for a rwd or awd car (no more fwd plowing) as a project car.

i am very interested in getting a 240sx with a 5 speed because it's a 4cyl and should be pretty easy to work on (in comparison to my transverse mounted v6 in the camry) and has a ton of aftermarket support (camry has none).

im here to learn a little bit more about what the 240sx has to offer

Espo21 01-29-2005 11:09 AM

hey man welcome to the site. i'm new here too. i'm also a junior in highschool looking for a 240. what year are you thinking of getting? good luck with everything.

Xevuhtess7 01-29-2005 12:04 PM

i have no idea what year im going to get...... i might actually get an sc300 instead

SINxSELEKTAH 02-02-2005 11:48 PM

welcome to the boards :bigok:
-jaysin

Sirikool 02-03-2005 09:55 PM

if ur thinking about "autocrossing", i think the civic hatchback (Si) is probably a better choice then a 240. Dont get the wrong idea of me. I have different perspectives on every car (no, i dont means 240s only mean drift machines). AND i dont think ur camry is a POS. i have a friend that has a "94" 4 cyl. auto camry. he fixed it up pretty nice. He seems interested in getting a manual in it :) just like the one u have. ever gone to www.toyotanation.com ?

a94autocamry 02-03-2005 10:35 PM

lol, hey Xevuhtess7...i recognize you from the TN forums ! :)
anyways seems like you are interested in getting a RWD car...then just go with a mk3 supra ? (a supra thats actually affordable) ...or what the other guy is saying...a lexus sc300...those are sweet cars, its also rwd as well....when i went to auto-x....i saw an sc300 or 400, not sure, but he looked like he was kicking asss in that thing when he auto-x... :)

Xevuhtess7 02-04-2005 01:25 PM

Originally posted by Sirikool
if ur thinking about "autocrossing", i think the civic hatchback (Si) is probably a better choice then a 240. Dont get the wrong idea of me. I have different perspectives on every car (no, i dont means 240s only mean drift machines). AND i dont think ur camry is a POS. i have a friend that has a "94" 4 cyl. auto camry. he fixed it up pretty nice. He seems interested in getting a manual in it :) just like the one u have. ever gone to www.toyotanation.com ?
of course ive been to toyotanation, its where ive learned everything i know. i was actually about to put a manual in my camry, i have a solara tranny sitting in my garage, but im just gonna return it now since im selling the cam.

a94autocamry, what're you doin on a 240 forum? hahaha toyotanation represent!:werd:

i pretty much have my heart set on an sc300 now:D

a94autocamry 02-06-2005 12:33 PM

i joined these forums cuz sirikool is in it... (hes a friend of mine)... anyways ur heart set on an sc300??? good job mannnnnnn :) :D

rwd = tail happy + loads of fun

twofotisx 02-07-2005 05:55 AM

well uhhh, welcome and then goodbye??

m_i_k_e_79 02-28-2005 11:25 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't have done much to that Camry. I like SC300's but aren't they a bit heavy for a sport's car? But then again, I am super picky about cars. I guess I'd say, do all the research on all your top picks of cars , then start looking for it assuming it's in your budget. A lot of people only go by a car's looks but in my opinion, there is a good looking car that also does exactly what you need and want, for everyone.