S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/s-chassis-newbie-faqs-forum-43/)
-   -   Just registered! (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/s-chassis-newbie-faqs-forum-43/just-registered-1563/)

NotoriousGQ 10-10-2002 06:47 PM

Just registered!

Hello. I'm new here. The name is Richard from NY. I have a 1997 240sx with decent amount of modifications (body kit, rims, exhaust, suspension upgrades, brakes). Hope to meet all you soon and talk and share info about 240.

rudeboy 10-10-2002 09:20 PM

welcome to the spot.
where is that place you said you was from? i live in Buffalo and everybody else from this state seems to live in or near the city.

well welcome and enjoy

NotoriousGQ 10-10-2002 11:57 PM

Thanks! I live in Portchester, NY. It's about 30-40 miles away from the Manhattan.

Silviaspeed 10-11-2002 03:44 AM

Cool.....like rude was saying, most of us are from the around the city itself. Brooklyn, Queens, me I'm from out on the Island. A little farther out. But I'm roughly 30-40 miles from the city as well. Welcome to the site, and enjoy. Maybe you can make it to some of our meets in the future. It sounds like your pretty close.

Import Fanatix 10-11-2002 07:33 AM

Wassup,

Portchester is above Wester is it? Like near Yonkers or am I totally off?

Well welcome to the site and hopefully you'll find some time and get down to one of the meets.

NotoriousGQ 10-11-2002 11:44 AM

Yonkers

Yup I'm right near Yonkers. I hang out there sometimes at Nathans at thursdays nights. They have alot of show cars and car races.

NotoriousGQ 10-11-2002 11:46 AM

Meet

Originally posted by NotoriousGQ
Thanks! I live in Portchester, NY. It's about 30-40 miles away from the Manhattan.
When is the next meet? I'm down to go!

Import Fanatix 10-11-2002 12:06 PM

we actually have a meet this sunday with the se-r's and they are a lot of us going out there. check the 10/13 thread and see if you can roll.

malicex000 10-11-2002 12:24 PM

yup yup... they role reeeel deep... we get a good number of 240's there... about 10-15 ususally... its real fun.. we usually bbq or something like that... is there a bbq on this one !?

leiferik1 10-11-2002 12:34 PM

welcome to the site!!!

Import Fanatix 10-11-2002 01:57 PM

So hows sunday meet looking? Can you make it out there?

NotoriousGQ 10-11-2002 05:49 PM

Where is the sunday meet? what time? Direction from whitestone bridge will be helpful. Any going to importeurasia in NJ. My car will at the show.

Silviaspeed 10-11-2002 07:59 PM

OK Notorious, heres some directions. The spot for the meet is on Remsen Ave. in Brooklyn. From the Whitestone, take the Van Wyck Expressway to the Jackie Robinson Parkway. Take that all the way to the end. The JRP will dump you right into Granville Payne Rd. For a reference, Jamaica Ave. will be right there as well. But you want to keep going south, so take Granville Payne Ave. south. You'll go over Atlantic Ave. and continue south until you hit Flatlands Ave. Make a right on Flatlands Ave. Continue on Flatlands Ave. over Rockaway Ave./Pwky, (again a reference point.) Remsen Ave. is E90th St. I'm sure by this point you'll see cars buzzing around and you'll get the idea as to where to go. But just keep your eyes peeled right after E91st ST, it will be the next block.

Hope that helped, and see ya there bro.

StanBo 10-11-2002 10:35 PM

Re: Yonkers

Originally posted by NotoriousGQ
Yup I'm right near Yonkers. I hang out there sometimes at Nathans at thursdays nights. They have alot of show cars and car races.
I go to meets up in Yonkers. The Nathans out there where everyoen cruises.

Good to see another Tri-Stater on the board.

NotoriousGQ 10-13-2002 08:56 PM

Originally posted by Silviaspeed
OK Notorious, heres some directions. The spot for the meet is on Remsen Ave. in Brooklyn. From the Whitestone, take the Van Wyck Expressway to the Jackie Robinson Parkway. Take that all the way to the end. The JRP will dump you right into Granville Payne Rd. For a reference, Jamaica Ave. will be right there as well. But you want to keep going south, so take Granville Payne Ave. south. You'll go over Atlantic Ave. and continue south until you hit Flatlands Ave. Make a right on Flatlands Ave. Continue on Flatlands Ave. over Rockaway Ave./Pwky, (again a reference point.) Remsen Ave. is E90th St. I'm sure by this point you'll see cars buzzing around and you'll get the idea as to where to go. But just keep your eyes peeled right after E91st ST, it will be the next block.

Hope that helped, and see ya there bro.

Thanks for the direction but obiously I did not make it because no one mentioned what time the meet starts night or day. but is all good. I guess I'll try to make it to the next meet. thanks!