S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   For Sale - Engine / Drivetrain / Power (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/sale-engine-drivetrain-power-58/)
-   -   BUYERS AND SELLERS: Read this thread BEFORE YOU POST ANYTHING HERE!!! (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/sale-engine-drivetrain-power-58/buyers-sellers-read-thread-before-you-post-anything-here-26387/)

l2aine 09-13-2005 04:45 PM

BUYERS AND SELLERS: Read this thread BEFORE YOU POST ANYTHING HERE!!!

REVISED 01.21.06
*** changes in blue

NOTES TO SELLERS

Anyone seen not adhering to the format below will have their threads EDITED/CLOSED WITHOUT NOTICE until you get it right. Keep it organized, keep it clean. Your thread will be edited/closed if it is found with one of the following: vague or misleading topic titles, no item picture, vendor-type sales, bare posts with vague information, sneaking in a vendor sale, or anyone *****ing about the rules. Specific details are listed below.

A. REQUIRED POSTING DETAILS
-----------------
1. A descriptive item title is REQUIRED.
Obviously, put any specifics as far as if it's for S13's or S14's, SOHC or DOHC, and body type if applicable. If you are selling multiple items then you can't really be this specific - but state in the title which cars the parts do apply to.

Good/Bad Examples:
:thumb: Good Title: "Used S13 HKS Catback Exhaust for sale"
:nono: Bad Title: "exhaust"
:thumb: Good Title: "OEM S14 wheels / shift knob / rear wing for sale"
:nono: Bad Title: "Stuff for sale"
:thumb: Good Title: "Parting out S13 Coupe in Bay Area"
:nono: Bad Title: "parting out"

2. Item picture, details and location are REQUIRED.
I see this all the time... people posting items for sale without stating any specifics such as pictures, location, contact information, item condition, and prices. Don't be lazy - you probably wouldn't consider buying something either if you didn't know who, where, and what you were buying.

- Condition of item - this is common sense. If it's brand new, state that (also if includes all boxes or instructions, etc.). If it is used, give a good description. Details up front combined with a picture will sell faster.

- Prices - posting prices are good. Some people put set prices for their parts which is simple and to the point. If you don't have a specific price or don't know what something is worth, state your minimum or use "OBO". Do not put "highest offer" - if you want highest offer, go sell your stuff on Ebay. If you don't put a specific price, stop *****ing about lowballers - it's your fault for expecting people to read your minds.

- Location - If you didn't fill out your user profile, that's up to you - but when selling something you MUST post your location. As s13240 stated here that putting where you are selling from helps a lot because a lot of people like buying local, and it saves the seller from having to deal with shipping. For out of state buyers, it helps them gauge if the part is worth buying with regards to shipping charges.

- Contact information - Contact info should be stated so that a buyer can ask questions. A simple email address, phone number, or even a "PM me for more info" line will do.

Good/Bad Examples:.
:thumb: Good Post: "Used S13 HKS Catback exhaust. 6 months old, no scratches or dings, includes all hardware. $300 OBO. Local pickup in 909 SoCal Diamond Bar area; will ship at buyers expense. PM me for questions or more pictures."
:nono: Bad post: "As the title says. make offers."
:thumb: Good Post: "NIB Apex-i Super AFC2, unopened box, black D1 edition. No pickups; shipping from Las Vegas, NV 89121. First with $150 gets it. PM for pictures."
:nono: Bad post: "As the title says. make offers."

B. NO MORE EBAY/AUCTION TYPE SALES
---------------
From now on, any Ebay link 'for sale' threads will be edited (content deleted; seller referred to this thread) and closed. If you put an item on Ebay to sell, then you leave yourself at the mercy of Ebay customers who go to Ebay specifically to purchase from an auction; The people who buy and sell on our forums are here to make person-to-person deals with no waiting time, no in-between (Ebay itself), and with the specific intention of buying whatever it is that is being advertised for sale in the forums. Club240.com isn't an auction house. If you don't have a set selling price, at least put "$xx.xx OBO" so that potential buyers will have a good idea what they will be spending for your item.

C. NO BULK OR VENDOR-TYPE SALES
---------------
Bulk sale of a product is considered a vendor-type sale. Selling on behalf of a junkyard or a repair shop with access to OEM or aftermarket parts is considered a vendor-type sale. This is for those who are trying to make money off the side from junkyards or parts lots. If you post something like "I got a place, they got a bunch of s13/s14's, I can get you what you want" it will be edited and closed. If you want - pull the parts, buy them, bring them home, take pictures and then post it on the forum.

D. THREAD BUMPING
---------------
We will be limiting thread bumping. No more "buy my stuff" bumps, no more "bump up for the day" bumps. Do it and expect your thread to be edited and closed.

E. "ONE HIT" SELLERS
---------------
Any 'For Sale' threads by sellers with less than 50 forum posts will be closely scrutinized for content. This is not for the sake of bringing the hammer down on newbies, but this is more part of an effort to try to keep scams from appearing in our forum. If your post does not adhere to the guidelines above, you will be asked to repost correctly and your original thread will be edited/closed.

TIPS FOR SELLERS

1. Always make sure your payment is secured before shipping the product out. Honor is a good thing, but unfortunately it does not exist in everyone. Many times, a seller agreed to send the item at the same time that the buyer sent the payment through the mail - only to leave the seller with no payment and their parts sent off somewhere with no return. Use proven methods such as Paypal or COD. When selling local, try to ask for cash or money order from a known banking firm. Receiving personal checks for payment is not recommended.

2. If a local buyer wants to do a pickup, try to refrain from having them come to your personal home. Pick a neutral location such as a nearby local gas station or fast food place. Some shady buyers pretend to want to buy an item, go to the sellers home to check the item out, have "second thoughts", leave - and then wait for an opportune time to break in and steal it. Oh yeah - it's happened before. Be safe and protect your privacy by choosing a good, public meeting spot.

3. If you have to ship, make sure you know where you're shipping to and what the costs are (including packaging materials like boxes, foam peanuts, etc.). Be wary of taking "How about $200 shipped" unless you know exactly where it will be shipped. You can go to www.ups.com - they have a free shipping calculator which tells you shipping costs to anywhere in the world if you enter the shipment details. Also, AFL may be able to assist you in shipping larger items (exhausts, bumpers, etc.) that would be too large to bring to UPS or FedEx. His thread is right here.

Following these guidelines is not a hard thing to do - we're not talking rocket science or anything like that, we're just looking for clear and informative 'For Sale' posts that is easy to go through and will help you sell your items faster. Also, any closed threads will be linked to this thread as examples of what not to do. AGAIN - Any threads that do not adhere to these simple rules will be EDITED/CLOSED WITHOUT NOTICE.

TIPS FOR BUYERS

PSM's thread gives some good tips on what to know before buying and how to avoid getting scammed; his original thread can be found here. Basically he states the following (plus some extras from me):

1. Make sure you know what you're buying - if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Make sure you know what you're looking at, and make sure you know what the going rate for that item is.

2. If you have any doubts about purchasing, look elsewhere or be patient. Rarely does an item come along that is truly one-of-a-kind.

3. Protect yourself if buying non-local: use Paypal, COD, or an escrow service to protect your payment. Insist on some form of tracked shipping, such as UPS. Without tracking, there is no guarantee that the item has shipped at all.

4. Keep in mind that sellers do have the right to prefer certain forms of payment; if you feel in any way uncomfortable with the sellers terms, contact the seller and try to work out a compromise where both parties will feel at ease with the transaction.

5. Shy away from buying "really good deals" from users with a small post count. Scam artists always register just to post the scam, then bail out afterwards. Know who you're buying from.

6. Understand that most items are sold AS IS and with no money back guarantee or warranty. This is the nature of buying used items. If you have any doubts about the condition of an item, ask the seller for more information.

7. If you have any questions regarding fitment or compatibility issues, do the research yourself or post in the forum for assistance. Some sellers will say "yes it fits" even if it doesn't just to get rid of the item.

Thank you for reading this. ;)

Fast1One 09-13-2005 09:29 PM

Your welcome :) Nice post hopefully it will stop most stupid posts...good job :thumb:

l2aine 09-15-2005 08:43 PM

so far people seem to be paying attention =)

naptime 09-16-2005 06:07 PM

Raine doing what a mod should do. woot! :thumb:

l2aine 09-19-2005 07:52 AM

Threads CLOSED for lack of seller's attention:

FS parting out car
reason: bad title

Parting out my car
reason: bad title

I can't catch them all, but the ones I do go here.

Fast1One 09-19-2005 08:33 AM

^^^Hahahaha! Poor saps...Its like a wall of shame! :laugh:

nschultz0124 09-22-2005 08:31 AM

Great post l2aine. the thing i noticed about the 2 posts that you closed though is that they were started before you wrote this. I understand closing them for vaguness however maybe it should have been a little more tactful like saying - post being closed due to new classified rules please repost according to the attached link. great job but like I said those have been up for a while already so there is no way they could have read this first. just my .02.

l2aine 09-22-2005 08:47 AM

Originally posted by nschultz0124
Great post l2aine. the thing i noticed about the 2 posts that you closed though is that they were started before you wrote this. I understand closing them for vaguness however maybe it should have been a little more tactful like saying - post being closed due to new classified rules please repost according to the attached link. great job but like I said those have been up for a while already so there is no way they could have read this first. just my .02.
I check the for sale threads every morning, and as far as I thought they were done after I made this post... if I was mistaken, the original poster can correct me.

l2aine 09-26-2005 11:30 PM

We got ourselves another one:

bad title

Bryan 09-30-2005 11:40 PM

s13 stock spoiler
Ebay auction

Bryan 10-04-2005 03:04 AM

89 Nissan 240sx for sale
Ebay auction

l2aine 10-04-2005 07:00 AM

stuffs for sale

bad title

Bryan 10-05-2005 04:43 AM

89/90 HUD COMPLETE cluster! 67,000 miles!!!!!!
Ebay auction

l2aine 10-05-2005 11:20 PM

Brembos

vague title, lack of any information except price.

l2aine 10-07-2005 03:11 PM

I have the following items for sale...

Ebay linking.