S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Service, Parts & Tuning Review (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/service-parts-tuning-review-50/)
-   -   2000nx seats into s13 done (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/service-parts-tuning-review-50/2000nx-seats-into-s13-done-29322/)

mapleridge818 12-30-2005 08:47 PM

2000nx seats into s13 done

1 Attachment(s)
If anyone is interested of getting rid of their hard, uncomfortable or thrashed stock seats and want something more comfortable and (in my opinion) nicer looking and don't want to spend a ton of cash or time to do so I might have a solution.
I just finished putting seats from a 90s 1600nx or 2000nx (same thing) in my 91 240sx. They don't bolt right in, but if you have a drill a 12mm and 14mm wrench and about and hour and a half per seat, it's not hard to do. I took the tracks from my stock seats and bolted them to the 2000nx seats and it wasn't too hard. All the functions of the seats still work fine.
The NX seats have a slightly lower bottom and slant up towards your legs, but I find this more comfortable.

I'll try to post some picks, but I haven't tried yet, so I'm not sure if it will work.

If you want to know exactly how to do it, or have any questions, feel free to ask. I've learnt a ton from this fourm, it's time to give some back :thumb:

mapleridge818 12-30-2005 08:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's another pic.

2fast4y0u 12-30-2005 09:28 PM

hey nice job.

make a quick write up on it and post is the tech section

mapleridge818 12-30-2005 11:19 PM

Ok to mount 1600nx or 2000nx seats (which there seems to be a lot of in junkyards) in your s13:

I know this is a long post, but it's only because I tried to cover EVERY detail. It's very easy and takes 3-4 hours to have both done!

Tools needed: 12mm and 14mm socket or wrench. Drill. round file or dremle. Phillips and sloted screw driver. Hacksaw or grinder.

1: Pull the passanger seat from you car (3 14mm bolts and 1 14mm nut)and put it near the passanger seat from th NX. Pull off the plastic side covers on both seats.

2: Unbolt the tracks from the NX seats. On one side of the seat there are 2 12mm bolts in the under side of the track (you can only get at one at a time because you need to slide the track to get at the other one) Undo the cable going to the track (small clip) On the other side of the seat there are a few bolts going in from the side. One of the bolts is the seatbelt bolt. Once the tracks are off you can chuck em. You DO need the seatbelt bolt though!

3: Unbolt the tracks from the stock 240 seats. This is almost the same procedure exept instead of the two bolts going up through the track on the one side, it's three bolts going through the side.

4: Now on the track (from the 240) that had the three 12mm bolts (not the seatbelt side) Here's what you need to do. Cut the middle tab off. Just the part that has the nut welded on it, not the whole plate.(Use a hacksaw or grinder) For the front and back of the track, you need to completely remove the plates that are riveted on. There are 2 tack welds and 1 rivet on each. I drilled the tack welds out and grinded the flat side of the rivet off and then used a screwdriver and hammer to get them off.

5: Put the track you just modified on the NX seat. The holes that the rivets came out of are the same place the 2 stock 12mm bolts came out of! Yay!

6: Take the other track from the stock 240 seat and try to put it on the NX seat. You will see there is a pin, just behind the seatbelt bolt hole that isn't in the same place as the 240 seat. Use a round file or dremle to slot the hole in the 240 track so it will fit the pin on the NX seat AND line up with the seatbelt bolt hole! Now you need to drill 2 new holes in the 240 seat track. One is just infront of the seatbelt bolt hole and one is near the front of the track. These two bolts need to line up to the treaded holes on the NX seat.

7: Bolt that side track onto the NX seat. Use the seatbelt bolt from the NX seat with the seatbelt latch from the 240.

8: Make sure the wire that goes between the two tracks is back in place. And if you want to put the spring for the automatic seat slide on. (I don't like it, so I left it off)

9: The cable that activates the automatic seat slide forward is a bit too long, so you and cut a bit off and put a new end on it now if you want to keep this feature. (Once again, I don't like it so I didn't)

10: Repeat for drivers side! (Exact same) Bold them in!

Hope you like them! I do!

Where do you want me to move this to? The tech sections is all about engines and suspention, no?

:naughty:

Bryan 01-03-2006 04:52 AM

looks good

l2aine 01-03-2006 11:25 AM

Not to be anal, but it's actually NX1600 and NX2000 =P

Nice job, looks almost like putting S14 seats... but with a little stiffer butt-cushion area.