S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Service, Parts & Tuning Review (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/service-parts-tuning-review-50/)
-   -   Apexi, N1 style catback exhaust system. (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/service-parts-tuning-review-50/apexi-n1-style-catback-exhaust-system-35470/)

JDMbyBlood 10-17-2006 03:52 PM

Apexi, N1 style catback exhaust system.

Bought my 93 Coupe a couple of weeks ago and wanted to add a few parts to improve performance. One of the items I added was a Apexi N1 style catback exhaust system. (Please notice...STYLE.) Did not want to pay the 2-3 times more for a name brand, so I thought I would try the ebay special. First thing I noticed was price. Price was like $97.99 + $110.00 S&H. I figured the system was $175-$180.00. You know how they jack up them shipping costs. When the system arrived I opened up the box to find a VERY nice, well made exhaust system. The system came with all hardware needed to install. The system fit like a glove. No issues whats so ever. The system was a FULL 3 inch piping from cat all the way to the back, a FULL stainless steel construction, polished to a mirror shine.:thumb: After install, I started the car up. It was a low rumble "BUT" a little on the loud side. After taking the car out for a drive, the system could REALLY use a resonator. Over all, Im pleased with the construction of the system, but wish it was not so loud. Im pushing 40, so maybe I'm to old. You know how that old saying goes, "If its 2 loud, your 2 old.":D

Bryan 10-17-2006 04:11 PM

Nice, pics?

JDMbyBlood 10-18-2006 02:14 PM

Exhaust

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic of the exhaust.

Alteus 10-18-2006 02:22 PM

Looks good! What's the name of the ebay seller you got it from?

JDMbyBlood 10-18-2006 03:17 PM

Alteus, I PM'ed you the Ebay seller. I wasn't sure if we are allowed to post something like that. Mr Mod, are we??? I'll put the car on ramps to get better pics. Like I stated, if you dont mind a exhaust that is a little on the loud side, you can save LOTS of money with this system and spend what you saved on other performance mods....:thumb:

JDMbyBlood 10-22-2006 08:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is another pic with the rear wheels on a ramp. You can see the exhaust system a little better.

Bryan 10-22-2006 08:25 AM

Fitment looks good, and yes, you can post the ebay sellers name.

JDMbyBlood 10-22-2006 11:30 AM

If anybody is interested, here is the the name of the ebay seller:
japanimportshop His shipping is fast and great customer service. I guess thats why he has a 100% positive feedback.;) Here is a link to his other items he has up on ebay:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjapanimportshop

KerosineK 10-22-2006 12:46 PM

This is a great exhaust, a little loud at times but I like it. (it didnt hurt that I got it for $50 brand new)

89pignose240sx 10-28-2006 04:03 PM

i just bought this same exhuast from japanimportshop looks awsome and sounds great it is alittle loud but i like loud:D

also japanimportshop and nissangtrpower are the same person but nissangtrpower is like 10 dollers more :thumb:

nickz 11-16-2006 07:32 PM

Wow i always tought that the ebay n1 exhausts were garbage, but i am very suprised to see people vouching for them. The pictures on ebay looked a little "photoshopped" (like the big-macs on mcdonald commercials) but it looks very nice in the pictures.

modest180sx 11-25-2006 11:38 PM

so I'm confused, is it a knock off or brand name?

Darkvillin 11-26-2006 06:07 PM

i cant wait to order one once im done being poor.

MS!3 11-27-2006 07:11 AM

Originally posted by modest180sx
so I'm confused, is it a knock off or brand name?
Its knock off. I just ordred mine a week ago so hopfully it will be here within the next couple days to replace my ghey custom setup. :D

SRdeals 12-01-2006 09:42 PM

Originally posted by 1993Coupe
Its knock off. I just ordred mine a week ago so hopfully it will be here within the next couple days to replace my ghey custom setup. :D
I wouldn't quite say that its a knock off- remember that EVERY exhaust system was based on something that came before it. This catback is very nice and is "cheap" because it dosent have a fancy name like "Apex i" or "DC"