S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Service, Parts & Tuning Review (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/service-parts-tuning-review-50/)
-   -   Cams on the Ka? (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/service-parts-tuning-review-50/cams-ka-31975/)

BmoresZenkiS14 04-16-2006 08:33 PM

Cams on the Ka?

Cams ...does any one kno if prm racing cams would be a good idea they claim 10 whp and 10 ftlbs of torque dyno proven and there not to big of cams great for street use...Does anyone even kno if a Ka is bad ass on cams.....1 more thing Im doing a stage 3 6 puck clutch and 8lb flywheel is it hard to doa clutch and flywheel on a 240 in the back yard lol like 8 hours time???

g3bio 04-16-2006 10:36 PM

Yeah i have seen their car its legit stuff its really nice i am going to be picking those up soon enough their s13 pushes 400 HP all their stuff is good. But like everything stuff works together so it may also be because of all the other mods as well. Not sure if you would get 10whp by just cams its a combo of stuff but you could try. and see the results.. And doing a clutch shouldnt take you more than 8 hours yourself.

Edit: maybe with a buddies help for dropping it down etc... co-pilot's are always good=)

BmoresZenkiS14 04-17-2006 08:22 AM

thats awesome Im planning on doing the clutch and flywheel I heard its a massive upgrade on a ka24...plus ontop the cams ima have Intake headers and i have a 3 inch cat back alredy on there...well see what the 240 can do and in a year or so ima put a 50 shot on it...

Bryan 04-17-2006 08:58 AM

Upgrading to some stage 20 super 12 puck unsprung clutch deal is pretty much pointless if your not making the power it is made to handle, it will be overkill and suck to daily drive. The flywheel will be nice, dunno about 8lbs sounds kinda too light...which brand flywheel are you looking at?

BmoresZenkiS14 04-17-2006 04:29 PM

I beileve its exedy or maybe something like fidanza...so u think I should just do a stage 1 or 2 maybe??

NiSmO Knight 05-03-2006 01:03 PM

Clutch wise, If your planning to use that much nitrous, then yes you need something to take the abuse nitrous will throw at you. IMO, 8 lbs fly will be overkill if this car is going to be a daily / partial track. On top of that you may even have idle problems with too light of a fly. Remember, one of the purposes of the flywheel is to keep the engine running. If its too light, the engine could stall on you.

Fidanza makes Nismo clutches for KA, specs on it are at 11 lbs which is just about right for street / partial track use.

Now clutch... if you are planning to drive this daily, sorry to say, but its gonna be extremely ruff to drive. 6 puck clutches are normally made out of a metallic compound vs. the organic compound. A non-spring clutch will always jerk (no buffer zone)... I lost track of thought again...

Put it simple, 6 puck clutch & 8 lbs fly, not good for street IMO.

But if your shooting 50 shot and this car is for track only... It may be just about right (for the clutch) But I think the fly is going to be too light.