Service, Parts & Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Vendors can also use this forum to make product announcements and post review/results from thier product.

Defective SPEC Stage 2 Disk

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 12:25 PM

Thumbs down Defective SPEC Stage 2 Disk

What's up guys? I had my 5 speed swap done a while ago, and it's been a nightmare ever since. My mechanic and I have been trying to figure this problem out since the start. I even bought another manual trans and had it swapped in. I just recently dropped my car of to my mechanic AGAIN to have the T/O bearing changed to a Nissan OEM one, and he found out what the problem has been all along. A defective SPEC Stage 2 clutch disk. On the friction side, the friction material separated from the main hub of the disk, the rivets holding it on sheared off for no reason, well besides it being defective that is. I got on the phone with SPEC and they are sending me a brand new SPEC Stage 2 Plus kit, which is the next one up from the Stage 2 which I had. They knew it was defective as soon as they saw the pics, because they didn't even ask questions, they were quick to send me just a new disk, but I got them to send a whole new kit. But they wouldn't even express ship it. Overall, I'm very unhappy with my SPEC experience thus far and I feel that they should have been willing to do more to make me happy. Click Here to see pictures of the defective disk. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...
Old 10-28-2005, 03:08 PM

damn dude that sucks, keep us updated on your situation