S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Service, Parts & Tuning Review (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/service-parts-tuning-review-50/)
-   -   does any one have these tires? (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/service-parts-tuning-review-50/does-any-one-have-these-tires-26548/)

bo2o 09-18-2005 05:29 PM

does any one have these tires?

Dunlop Direzza DZ101
Yokohama AVS ES100
hankook Ventus R-S2 Z212

I think the dunlop and the yokohama are around the same price.

hankook might be a little more

which tire do you think i should get?

i think the hankook are the next azenis but cheaper and better in weather

or should i just get the dunlop or yokohama only? because summer is over really?

or shall i mix and match the dunlop and yoko? haha

what do you guys think?

or i can just wait till spring and get cheap used tires.
Is there any other brands that any of you recommend for good weather and track, and thats a good price?

sorry for my grammar

prjkt240 09-19-2005 05:32 PM

They don't call them Dunlop for nothing. Before you even get a chance to do your first tire rotation you will have a lot of tire noise from the tires cupping. All you hear going down the road is "dunLOP! dunLOP! dunLOP!" Just speaking from experiance on several different types of Dunlop tires. Your best bet is BFGoodrich, Bridgstone, Yokohama, or Nitto in my opinion. If your car is lowered and has slight negative camber I have HEARD that Nitto's new tire for cars with negative camber are really good tires. BFGoodrich, in my opinion, is one of the best all season tires out there right now. If you are going budget, Kumho is in my opinion the best budget tire out there, though most would dissagree. I see all different brands all day long, because I am a technician for an Infiniti dealership, and Dunlop is by far the worst wearing tire in the market today. They perform well, so if you don't mind the noise and early replacement of your Dunlops, go for it, otherwise look into a midrange or budget, you will get the same quality, if not better, than some of the more well known brands. You are paying for advertising and name. Just my opinion.

bo2o 09-19-2005 08:47 PM

that bad?

any opinion on yoko? or the hankook any one?

wish the old azenis were out there still for cheap.... 65 dollars a pop was bomb dizzle haha

Fast1One 09-19-2005 09:45 PM

Ive heard nothing but good from the ES100s...

Kinematics 09-20-2005 12:18 PM

I've had 3 sets of ES100s. A set on both of my Integras, and a set on my Spec V. When I purchase another 240..guess what's going on it?

Yeah, that's right, ES100s. There isn't a better tire for the money, hands down.

bo2o 09-20-2005 04:22 PM

ya my friend had them... on his civic si and he said they dont grip as well after awhile? do you have that same problem?

the es100 and then he sold them wit only 60 % LEFT on his gt3 rotas

Kinematics 09-20-2005 04:45 PM

Originally posted by bo2o
ya my friend had them... on his civic si and he said they dont grip as well after awhile? do you have that same problem?

the es100 and then he sold them wit only 60 % LEFT on his gt3 rotas

I never had that problem. I'm down to maybe 3% tread on my set on the Spec V, and I'd say they lost their usable grip around 10% or so. I've been hard on my tires this time, but they still lasted me around....25k miles. I mean really hard. About a dozen autocross events, weekly touge drives here in Colorado, and just general asshauling around in the past 25k miles.

They get a bit slippery in tempatures under 45 degrees, though. But that's usually the same story for all sport tires. Warm them up, and they're fine.

bruinlax22 09-22-2005 11:22 PM

i recently got the falken azenis st-115 and am really happy with them...

bo2o 09-24-2005 01:53 PM

cost too much.... for azenis.. and plus the place i get them from stop supplying it....

kuz they cost too much..

wish they still made 215

bo2o 10-10-2005 04:54 PM

so im pretty much gona get es100

unless they have the dunlops for cheaper then what im gettint eh es100

or around the same price.... i want to try the new dunlops...

or mayb try a pair of the hankooks thats "said" to be the next azenies

bruinlax22 10-29-2005 10:51 AM

my friend has the dunlop fm-901's(i think thats what they're called) on his S14 and loves them...

bo2o 10-29-2005 02:57 PM

i got es100 205/55/15 they look ok better then my old bridgestone gridII i had 195-60-15

they grip alot better... i would think from my bald tires... they corner better forshure after a 2 tanks

u need to break in the tires for around 300 to 400 miles

comfort is alot better forshure....

i paid 250 for tires and mounting and balance

not bad i would say!

i wish i had 16 inch rims... could of got parada spec 2 HAHA BUT THATS DREAMING...