S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Service, Parts & Tuning Review (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/service-parts-tuning-review-50/)
-   -   Ebay altezza world CAI (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/service-parts-tuning-review-50/ebay-altezza-world-cai-23196/)

Waynehead05 05-28-2005 01:45 PM

Ebay altezza world CAI

i felt like doing a project so i just purchased this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

has anyone used or heard anything about it?

LA_phantom_240 06-04-2005 06:17 PM

i would have gone AEM, but since it came with a k&n i guess its about the same., Ive heard that yopu need to get new hoses that connect to the intake piping. but other than that no complaints.

ramnailz 06-04-2005 07:53 PM

hey wayne, did you install it already? Any pics and maybe a how to? Never done it before and I was thinking about getting something like that too. I seen some other ones on ebay for like $20-$40. Of course not the same brand.

LA_phantom_240 06-04-2005 08:15 PM

uh, as far as i imagine, you put it together and connect all your hoses. lol its not that hard. just use some common sense.

ramnailz 06-04-2005 08:46 PM

Yeah I know, I just like it when people do "how to's" and I learn from their mistakes is all. :D

LA_phantom_240 06-04-2005 09:34 PM

yep, the best way to learn is from the mistakes of others.

ramnailz 06-04-2005 09:53 PM

One my favorite quotes is: "A smart man learns from his mistakes, but a wiser man learns from others mistakes.
-sum dude from a long time ago :D

LA_phantom_240 06-04-2005 09:58 PM

yeah thats a good one

Waynehead05 06-04-2005 11:09 PM

it comes in on monday the 6th. i'm going to put it in then. i'll take pics too if i can remember. Reason i got this over AEM or Injen is because it's a cold air intake not a short ram. the other CAI's are way too expensive for a 18 year old kid that just wants to have some fun. i may use my injen filter instead but we'll see.

BTW i washed my engine bay twice already and scrubed it with a wire brush too so i will be taking "after" pics of the install.

LA_phantom_240 06-05-2005 07:47 AM

actually it isnt a true CAI. It runs the same exact path your stock intake does. A true CAI would have the filter in the fender or front bumper or what not. Thats they AEM only makes a short ram

Waynehead05 06-10-2005 10:23 PM

Originally posted by LA_phantom_240
actually it isnt a true CAI. It runs the same exact path your stock intake does. A true CAI would have the filter in the fender or front bumper or what not. Thats they AEM only makes a short ram
wrong... it is a true CAI. look at the auction again. by the way i give it an 8 of 10 for an intake. it gives the ka a really nice sound almost like a wrx in the 3-5 rpm range. after that it's just like any other intake in terms of sound. performance wise i can't tell yet. i'll see how much gas milage is affected too. i'll re rate it soon a guess but one thing i do really like is the piping is 2.75 inch.

Fast1One 06-10-2005 11:05 PM

It is cold air...Nice. Youll get like five donkies and a bit of a butt chabge :thumb: All about the sound though.

LA_phantom_240 06-11-2005 06:32 PM

Originally posted by Waynehead05
wrong... it is a true CAI. look at the auction again. by the way i give it an 8 of 10 for an intake. it gives the ka a really nice sound almost like a wrx in the 3-5 rpm range. after that it's just like any other intake in terms of sound. performance wise i can't tell yet. i'll see how much gas milage is affected too. i'll re rate it soon a guess but one thing i do really like is the piping is 2.75 inch.
really? tell me how that could be called a cold air intake. Just because it says its a cold air intake doesnt mean the air will be any colder. It will, however, give better flow as opposed to a stock airbox. This is how it makes power, by reducing resistance to flow. It is still taking air from the same area of the car though. Im not trying to say that its a bad intake, but im just pointing out that it is not in fact a true cold air intake.

Fast1One 06-11-2005 09:41 PM

It is dude...Look at the piping Your NOT drawing air from the same place because its getting COLD air from the bumper area instead of HOT air from the engine bay. Get it?

LA_phantom_240 06-11-2005 09:46 PM

Looks like normal piping to me. As far as i can put it together in my head, it looks like the stock piping. Show me a pic of what it looks like in the car first