S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Service, Parts & Tuning Review (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/service-parts-tuning-review-50/)
-   -   Exhaust Help (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/service-parts-tuning-review-50/exhaust-help-24958/)

sixth_gear 07-28-2005 07:38 AM

Exhaust Help

Just picked up a 96 240 and the exhaust sounds like ****. Supposedly the exhaust is pretty new but the muffler was probably picked up at a Blue Light Special next to the Martha Stuart Paints in KMart. So instead of blowing $100 on a muffler I'm heading straight for the full exhaust system. I want something with high performance but a low sound that won't catch the ear of the local pigs. I'm thinking about APEX N1 Dual, anyone know how that sounds?

shotty53 07-28-2005 08:12 AM

if u look or search around, you will find sound clips of some of our exhausts.. but i think the apexi n1 on here is a single tip..

l2aine 08-01-2005 12:21 PM

Are you the dude that emailed/IM'd me about running dual exhaist on a 240 a few days ago?

BTW N1 Dual is for SR motors, IIRC

Fast1One 08-01-2005 12:29 PM

Apexi=loud, If you dont want to Attract pigs, try exmag, although no one is really sure how it sounds with a stock KA because of the 3 inch piping. Search Nico for the BRM exhausts....they have sounclips :thumb:

BigVinnie 08-05-2005 07:13 PM

Re: Exhaust Help

Originally posted by sixth_gear
Just picked up a 96 240 and the exhaust sounds like ****. Supposedly the exhaust is pretty new but the muffler was probably picked up at a Blue Light Special next to the Martha Stuart Paints in KMart. So instead of blowing $100 on a muffler I'm heading straight for the full exhaust system. I want something with high performance but a low sound that won't catch the ear of the local pigs. I'm thinking about APEX N1 Dual, anyone know how that sounds?
The 3" is not recomended for N/A.
As for me DC sports header/CATCO cat 2.5" in-2.5"out/2.5"pacesetter catback.
paid $325 for the DC sports
paid $45 for the catco High Flow CAT
paid $225 for the pacesetter........
Total $595.00, Now would you say I did better than the guy's that buy those APEXI N1's.............FUC* Yeah.

bruinlax22 08-06-2005 02:14 PM

I just got a Random Technology high flow cat with the HKS Hi Power N/A version(65mm piping/115mm tip) cat-back...i love the way it sounds, low but mean IMO...email me at Bruinlax22 AT aol DOT com if you want a sound clip that I have of the same exhaust just not on my car...

BigVinnie 08-06-2005 02:45 PM

Originally posted by bruinlax22
I just got a Random Technology high flow cat with the HKS Hi Power N/A version(65mm piping/115mm tip) cat-back...i love the way it sounds, low but mean IMO...email me at Bruinlax22 AT aol DOT com if you want a sound clip that I have of the same exhaust just not on my car...
How much did you pay for the Random Technology? I was thinkin on gettin one........
But I couldn't pass up the cost on the CATCO.......

NcTwOfOuRtY 08-06-2005 10:48 PM

I done a similiar setup as bigvinnie , only I got greddy headers $100, hks super drager axle back exhaust (for an is300) $200, a megan racing 2.5" downpipe $95, and to get it all installed with 2.5 inch pipin from the downpipe to muffler $300 so I paid 695 but that price includes the headers, I'm very happy with it although its not real quiet. they have a sound clips of my muffler (well not actually mine but u know what I mean)on hksusa.com under exhaust section and super drager 2 category. all apex exhausts on 240s I heard have been loud, maybe if your not in it for performance just sound most the 240s I heard with just a muffler welded on sound quiet, but deep not sure what brands they are though. just look around and find whats you, good luck.