S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Service, Parts & Tuning Review (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/service-parts-tuning-review-50/)
-   -   famous 20hp+ chip maf sensor? (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/service-parts-tuning-review-50/famous-20hp-chip-maf-sensor-25133/)

jcl666 08-02-2005 09:49 PM

famous 20hp+ chip maf sensor?

can anybody tell me whats in it? i have resistors at my house , i KNOW its just a stupid little electronic resistor , but woch one? how much watts? for shure i can do this on my own , i wont damage my engine since itll only give him more fuel , right?

if theres a stiky of HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN +20HP maf chip well show me , cause i didnt found anythign...:dunno: :confused:

Waynehead05 08-02-2005 10:36 PM

it adds fuel... basically it wasts gas because it only adds fuel... not fuel + air.

it's crap dude.

2fast4y0u 08-04-2005 07:23 AM

yeah i fell to that scam. it doesnt so anything at all

Slidin240 08-04-2005 09:56 AM

it makes it seem as if your getting more air so the ECU notices this and you get more gas(fuel) thrown in

like the others said, its CRAP CRAP and more CRAP

waste of $

jcl666 08-04-2005 10:31 AM

so by the way your talking , it dosent work 2 bit sh!t?? , but can i still get the .... secret of this famous chip? what resistor size is it? where to place it?

Slidin240 08-04-2005 10:51 AM

its not even worth trying it bro, its a $ scam and you sound like you want to try it. Trust us, its not worth it...

jcl666 08-04-2005 10:53 AM

i waws talking about , give me the ifo about how its done , and ill make one for my self.... as in im a certified techinician in electronics , i have tons of resistors , capacitor , everything , just give me how its done , ill TRY one , i dont like , ill rip it off?

Slidin240 08-04-2005 10:56 AM

PM 2Fast4Y0u, he sed he fell for the scam (meaning he bought it) ask em how its setup.

BigVinnie 08-05-2005 05:54 PM

Re: famous 20hp+ chip maf sensor?

Originally posted by jcl666
can anybody tell me whats in it? i have resistors at my house , i KNOW its just a stupid little electronic resistor , but woch one? how much watts? for shure i can do this on my own , i wont damage my engine since itll only give him more fuel , right?

if theres a stiky of HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN +20HP maf chip well show me , cause i didnt found anythign...:dunno: :confused:

Waste of money man, don't believe the hype. It only increases fuel, increasing the fuel will only make your mixture rich. Rich fuel to air mixtures only guzzle gas and decrease your top end performance.
If you wan't to tinker with your maf just get an Apexi SAFC, and fine tune it.......

smokey240sx 08-05-2005 10:48 PM

unless you get the tornado from pepboys:naughty:

2fast4y0u 08-07-2005 08:47 AM

well the dumb thing is in the instructions that they give you...

if i remember correctly when i got mine it said to hook it up before the MAF and after the filter. well on a 240 that leaves you with the air intake temp. sensor. Great! i know were that is so i hooked it up. My car never threw a code or anything like that< also never felt faster or slower.

so me being currious, i pop my hood and and grab this little black box. i read the sticker that says if lable is damage warranty is void. so i take the 4 screws out and open it up. there was 2 wires, red and black, they ran inside the box and were soldered together at one end inside this black box. THATS IT!!!

cheap fake garbage. they guy made $10 on me and of course i also paid for shipping

Slidin240 08-07-2005 10:07 AM

You live & learn