S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Service, Parts & Tuning Review (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/service-parts-tuning-review-50/)
-   -   Fuel Filter (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/service-parts-tuning-review-50/fuel-filter-27151/)

Badazz_240 10-08-2005 06:08 PM

Fuel Filter

Hi, my friend told me a fuel filter from a 95 twin turbo 300zx would fit on my car, but it looks way too big. Does anyone know if this will actually fit?

Preston 10-09-2005 08:53 AM

any 300 tt fuel filter will work. And yes it's a ton bigger that's y it flows better. First thing I did to my 240.

RealDS13 10-09-2005 06:47 PM

It'll fit and it's a little bump in hp. Just pick one up from any kragens or autozone (whatever you prefer) and get one it's dfeintely worth it. Just rip out the old one and plug in the lines into the new fuel filter then your in buisness. (Fair warning: fuel will spit everywhere but just clean it up afterwards and check for leaks.)

hope this helps:laugh:

Badazz_240 10-09-2005 10:27 PM

yeah he said you had to force it...... by the way i already had the filter when i posted the thread

edit: and when you change it you are supposed to pull the fuse for the fuel pump and run it till it dies by the way

l2aine 10-09-2005 11:49 PM

Originally posted by Badazz_240
yeah he said you had to force it...... by the way i already had the filter when i posted the thread

edit: and when you change it you are supposed to pull the fuse for the fuel pump and run it till it dies by the way

yes, relieve the fuel pressure and be safe.

You had to force what? The Z32 filter fittings are the same as the KA24DE fuel filter fittings, and the Z32 filter housing will fit the OEM KA24 fuel filter bracket. It just pops into place.

PNG 10-10-2005 09:31 AM

Umm... Unless your stock filter is REALLY old and clogged to the point where it's causing your fuel pressure to drop at high load/high RPM, then switching to the Z32 filter won't do anything for you.

It's not really a bad idea to use a higher-capacity fuel filter, but if your car is maintained so badly that a plugged fuel filter is eating up a few horsepower, then you've got bigger problems.

Badazz_240 10-10-2005 11:52 AM

i never said it was..... im just doing a tune up and figured i might as well get a new fuel filter to be on the safe side...... and why not have a bigger one with a higher capacity?

why are you still posting anyway this question has been answered.....

PNG 10-10-2005 01:39 PM

i never said it was..... im just doing a tune up and figured i might as well get a new fuel filter to be on the safe side...... and why not have a bigger one with a higher capacity?

why are you still posting anyway this question has been answered.....

Because someone not you said:

It'll fit and it's a little bump in hp.
Which is 50% incorrect. I suppose that if you're in favor of only getting things half-right, you could consider it "answered," but I'd rather not have people who search on this topic later on take "a bigger fuel filter gives you horsepower" as gospel truth.

Sorry if you took it personally.

l2aine 10-10-2005 06:36 PM

Originally posted by PNG
Because someone not you said:

Which is 50% incorrect. I suppose that if you're in favor of only getting things half-right, you could consider it "answered," but I'd rather not have people who search on this topic later on take "a bigger fuel filter gives you horsepower" as gospel truth.

Sorry if you took it personally.

agreed - the "bump" is just the result of replacing a used filter with a new one... like replacing your 10,000 mile OEM paper air filter with a new OEM Fram or something :thumb:

Badazz_240 10-10-2005 10:16 PM

my friend also said it revs smoother.... although that could also be part of raines theory on new vs old..... so..

l2aine 10-10-2005 11:16 PM

my friend also said it revs smoother.... although that could also be part of raines theory on new vs old..... so..
it's not a theory LOL

If your fuel filter (or other things like air filter, etc.) isn't flowing as it should and you replace it with a new part, I would think that a result of having the engine rev smoother would be a given :thumb:

Badazz_240 10-12-2005 10:23 PM

good point

SxDrifstaar 10-22-2005 10:33 PM

yup. here's my frame of mind about popular, recommended performance mods: Do it, feel it, love it.

OH and another mod that fits the category of fuel filter, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs etc. is: emissions control eliminator, you can buy a kit or do a custom setup yourself for cheap. like the fuel filter upgrade, all your doing with the eliminator kit is helping your car run smoother and in a sense stronger (logically, if you give your engine a hard time of doing its job , you aint running strong). so yea, the smog pump helps the environment but takes from your car. after the mod, youll FEEL the difference and HEAR the difference especially if your running STOCK. if you consider things like the fuel filter upgrade, go ahead and do the rest of the type and get rid of the smog pump

Badazz_240 10-23-2005 07:16 PM

i had to read through that twice just to figure out what you were talking about...... where would i purchase/look at this so called "eliminator kit"

nice sig by the way ( so true )

SxDrifstaar 10-23-2005 10:26 PM

well, for me, the previous owner had already put in the eliminator kit before i purchased the car. all it comes with is a threaded huge bolt that plugs into the exhaust part that connects to the smog pump, and two rubber plugs that replace tubes that go to the smog pump, and one extra plug that plugs up what used to run into the stock air intake bulk. BASICALLY all that the eliminator kit does is plug up all the tubes that used to run into the smog pump. so if your pretty good a fabrication, you can just remove the smog pump and plug up the inlets/outlets with whatever suites it (ie cork? LOL). but theoretically you can just leave the smog pump in there but disconnect the wire plug that connects to the smog pump, "(cork)" the tube that runs to the exhaust, CLAMP all the other smaller tubes that ran to the smog pump and you're done till the next California smog test.

i had this idea after i had to take the time to put back the smog pump myself just to pass visual inspection here in cali. if you're truly interested about this mod, i could make a new thread with pics.