S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Service, Parts & Tuning Review (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/service-parts-tuning-review-50/)
-   -   Megan Racing Pro Coilovers reviews? (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/service-parts-tuning-review-50/megan-racing-pro-coilovers-reviews-28211/)

D Grade 11-14-2005 02:39 AM

Megan Racing Pro Coilovers reviews?

http://store1.yimg.com/I/phase2motorsports_1869_2731757

Anybody here using these coilovers? I'm looking for reviews on craftsmanship, adjustability, and best price found (so far I've found $899 from Phase 2).

At first I was looking into getting the Tein Basic setup for nearly the same price. The Megan setup offers pillowball mounts, 32 way adjustable dampening, and full ride height adjustability (ofcourse). I have no doubt that Megan makes a good product, I have ordered a Megan part before in the past (N1 muffler, craftsmanship was IDENTICAL to an Apex). I was looking for first hand experience with the overall product, comparison to the Tein Basic and Tein SS's, ride quality, and overall opinions of worthy of the price.

Any insight is appreciated! :bigok:

phreze 11-14-2005 08:56 AM

I wouldn't get these from what I have read about them, but I am sure there is people who have that can tell you more. While I would trust megan's products in other areas the suspension aspect of a 240 is to critical for me to have any second guesses.

nsn240 11-14-2005 09:44 AM

just buy them and take good care of them... people are so damn b*tchy about MR products... I have never had problems with my mani, and friends that have mr parts really like them

phreze 11-14-2005 11:15 AM

But do they have the coil-overs, thats the item in question. Any one can make a test pipe, exhaust system, downpipe, etc. But when it has to do with dampers and springs it takes a little more know how.
Not saying they are bad just you need to compair like things.

nsn240 11-14-2005 12:24 PM

Originally posted by phreze
But do they have the coil-overs, thats the item in question. Any one can make a test pipe, exhaust system, downpipe, etc. But when it has to do with dampers and springs it takes a little more know how.
Not saying they are bad just you need to compair like things.

good point... but i've never really heard/seen proof of them having bad coilovers, just heard people talk sh!t on them

Waynehead05 11-14-2005 01:48 PM

i've had mine for about a week now. can't put them on though till i get my rebuilt KA put in and get teh 240 on teh road again.

motegineon 11-14-2005 04:37 PM

ive already written a review on the mr coilovers so maybe try to search if u havent, but if u have and couldnt find it then in the short review..imo they are great coilovers for the money and i would pick them over the tein basics any day, anyone that has ridden in my car has been very imporess and im very happy wit them.

phreze 11-14-2005 05:31 PM

I have heard great things from some people and other complain about bolts rusting over time. I guess if you take care of them they should be good, lets her more custmer testomoniles.

D Grade 11-15-2005 12:47 AM

Originally posted by motegineon
ive already written a review on the mr coilovers so maybe try to search if u havent, but if u have and couldnt find it then in the short review..imo they are great coilovers for the money and i would pick them over the tein basics any day, anyone that has ridden in my car has been very imporess and im very happy wit them.
Searched, didnt find anything. I'll try again and see if I can score a link to that thread and paste it in here. But you pretty much told me what I wanted to hear.

D Grade 11-15-2005 01:02 AM

Honestly, I think I am pretty much sold on these coilovers. You just can't find a good quality coilover with ride height, dampening, and camber adjustment ability for under $1K.

Megan Racing DOES make a good quality product. I honestly believe that they are going to be the next Cusco or the next Greddy in terms of being a fully reputable name brand for various parts.

phreze 11-15-2005 12:40 PM

They have a way to go on some things to be that trusted. Did you see in the for sale section someone is selling silk roads brand new for $1320? If you had the extra money I would def go with those as they are 1450-1600 new and a great coil-over. Other wise megans should suit you fine.

nsn240 11-15-2005 02:36 PM

Originally posted by phreze
They have a way to go on some things to be that trusted. Did you see in the for sale section someone is selling silk roads brand new for $1320? If you had the extra money I would def go with those as they are 1450-1600 new and a great coil-over. Other wise megans should suit you fine.
holy **** i know... that is a steal

motegineon 11-15-2005 03:29 PM

Buy those silk roads if u can, much better coilover, if u absolutely cannot, then ull prolly b happy with the megans.

nsn240 11-15-2005 03:34 PM

i think for the price ( i did some research) the MR's are a good coilover especially for the price...I'm probably gonna go with JIC or Silk Roads (which one!?)

motegineon 11-15-2005 03:43 PM

Both excellent companies, i'd go with the silks between the two, or compare the spring rates/adjustability on the two that suites u best..