S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Service, Parts & Tuning Review (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/service-parts-tuning-review-50/)
-   -   What is the best LSD for a S13? (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/service-parts-tuning-review-50/what-best-lsd-s13-4864/)

needasr20 08-28-2003 02:15 PM

woohooo.. i'm not stupidd!!.. lol thanks man i really apreciate everyones help.. i hope one day we can all go drive together.. but all my ?'s are answered at the moment .. i'm thinkin i wont go stock now .. i'll just get an after market one ..but money time we'll see.. i got all this stuff writen down in my lil 240sx top secret folder of info.. i dream about i and i sleep wit it under my pillow with one hand on it at all times.. lol not really.. but i do have some stuff writen down.. peace thanks again koo ppls

Teh Luckinator 09-07-2003 02:38 PM

Have any of you guys replaced your LSD's? I always see "For longer wear!" when companies talk about their LSD's, but I've never really heard of anyone replacing theirs because it wore out. And instead of buying a Kaaz 2-way, I was thinking about just finding a VLSD from a J30 or something. It's cheaper.

StanBo 09-07-2003 03:31 PM

Originally posted by Teh Luckinator
Have any of you guys replaced your LSD's? I always see "For longer wear!" when companies talk about their LSD's, but I've never really heard of anyone replacing theirs because it wore out. And instead of buying a Kaaz 2-way, I was thinking about just finding a VLSD from a J30 or something. It's cheaper.
A lot of the guys here are driving cars with an open diff and are looking to get a vlsd or a lsd.

I can see wear and tear on a lsd that is not properly taken care of. It is like your engine. It needs its oil changed periodically.

A VLSD is a great option. I wrote up a little tech post on VLSD vs. 2 way differentials from my own experience and will be posting it here very soon.

Teh Luckinator 09-07-2003 10:02 PM

No, I meant like, what happens if your LSD wears too much? Just it just stop locking up and act like an open diff?

StanBo 09-08-2003 03:37 AM

Originally posted by Teh Luckinator
No, I meant like, what happens if your LSD wears too much? Just it just stop locking up and act like an open diff?
I have seen people come off a course with one wheel spinning more than the other. Open up their diff cover and take out kibbles and bits.

focalguy 09-21-2003 09:38 AM

***edit***
I posted this as a new thread in this forum, hoping for faster responses. Not trying to be impatient; just want my lsd asap! :D

Ok, I'm posting this quick 'cause I'm about to go to work. I figured I'll just ask my question here 'cause it seems the thread is already started.....

I finally have the money for and LSD and I've been lookin around for different ones. I have about $1k, so I think I can afford most all of them. I think I'll be trying the install myself or with friends. But I'm not sure with which one to go with. I'm not really racing or anything, but I've decided on a 2way just because I want it working all the time when I want it to and it seems they're a little more responsive. So here are my choices(in no order) and the prices I've found:

1.Nismo LSD
$834.06
4-pinion, 70lb-ft breakaway torque
(but is it a 2way?)

2. Cusco LSD
$950
but no details on if it's a 2way

3. Kaaz LSD
$895
2way 16 multiplate clutch

3.5 Kaaz LSD
$774
2way, but possibly not the new model (less plates)

4. Tomei LSD
$895
2way, 10 friction plate discs per side

5. Tomei LSD
$950
12 discs per side

6. ATS LSD
Just from what I read from Stan. Sounds about the same price......

So any ideas on which to go for?
Thanks

drf1nstyl 05-22-2006 01:51 PM

dont mean to thread jack, but are j30 vlsds bolt on...or what ones are, also what would i have to do inorder to install it, if theres a link i could not find it so please help, i have my car on jackstands right now due to having an oil leak so if i could find a vlsd id like to install it now thanks,
jon

InstantYakisoba 05-31-2006 10:32 PM

go for a kaaz 1.5 way or something. cusco makes good ones definantly.
try tomei too

hazed2o 06-19-2006 09:29 PM

dont get nismo-all their lsds are made by hitachi and they just rework the inside
go with kaaz or tomei

traumatrix89 07-05-2006 07:35 AM

what about phantom grip LSD i read about it in the begining of the post and no one talked about it again.......are they that bad

Bryan 07-05-2006 10:23 AM

junk