S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Show and Shine (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/show-shine-4/)
-   -   1991 240sx how-to build thread (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/show-shine-4/1991-240sx-how-build-thread-45346/)

Nickmerrone 02-04-2009 07:26 PM

1991 240sx build thread[NOW WITH A CLEAN BAY!]

Okay well, its bone stock, sitting in my drive way, i can't drive yet. I've been cleaning my garage out all week, ill take pictures once its cleaned and like the process, because its gonna look nice in there, but it was snowy today and unstead of cleaning i took the quad out, and had some fun. :) haha. But yeah i ordered a muffler. Its on its way, im probably going to be straight piping it with my brother, as he is going to straight pipe his car probably, so well go buy the piping and just do it our selves or at my dads shop..(we can get the stickers slapped on it. :P )

So Once my garage is clean, i'm pulling her inside. Theres nothing wrong with it, but its an automatic. So the Swap will come way down the road, during this build. I was thinking about buying all the parts and like having my uncles shop do it like when i can drive, because i have BIG feeling that i will f**k it up and just be so confused ahaah. So after the muffler comes and i put that on, I'm gonna do sleepy eyes, take some sweet pictures of course.. hahaha. Then Probably order a headunit, because the one thats in there is a piece of doo doo and it does crazy things. And I'm gonna rip the antenna out because i dont use the radio at all. Paint some things and what not... You guys will like the theme i'm going with, i hope. :)

battosaii930 02-04-2009 08:24 PM

need pics!

Nickmerrone 02-04-2009 08:51 PM

i know ill have them up tommorow right after school, I PROMISE!!!

FuriousZ 02-04-2009 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Nickmerrone (Post 379811)
i know ill have them up tommorow right after school, I PROMISE!!!

NO NO NO :nono:
After you do your HOMEWORK!

Nickmerrone 02-05-2009 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by FuriousZ (Post 379815)
NO NO NO :nono:
After you do your HOMEWORK!

bahhaahahahahahahahahahahaha.
oh yeah that always comes first...hahah

Nickmerrone 02-05-2009 12:42 PM

Well News update, before i get out there and clean the garage..

My brother blew his motor, so hes been using my 240..and well..He blew the trans. So i talked to my mom about helping me finacially with the 5 speed swap, and its a go! haha. :)

Very exciting news..

Nickmerrone 02-05-2009 06:01 PM

Update for today.

Aside from all the problem of not being able to start it, i've started the sleepy eyes project..well..
i got the battery disconnected, then i was like wow its really cold and dark, im gonna go inside now, so i went inside then went to the highschool to watch all these cheer leaders. hahaha.

But for tommorow. im gonna finish my garage, then push the car in there, try to get it running. I'm pretty sure its just the battery not having enough volts but like someone said it could be the trans, after i was sure that it wasn't the trans, someone came and **** on my parade. hahha

240sxNLR 02-06-2009 05:18 AM

Need some pics man....don't be embarrassed...mine looks like **** and i have pics up... :)

Evans1109 02-06-2009 07:32 AM

Goodluck, get some pics up. What muffler did you purchase?

Nickmerrone 02-06-2009 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Evans1109 (Post 379868)
Goodluck, get some pics up. What muffler did you purchase?

I'm gonna go take pics in alittle but my mom is literally going crazy, and shes trying to admit her self into friends hospital. idk whats going on man..

Nickmerrone 02-06-2009 03:01 PM

4 Attachment(s)
2/6/09 Progress -Sleepy Eye mod completed, took out spare tire, those dumb tie down straps, etc etc.

Also, Apexi N1 knockoff muffler was shipped today. :)

Tommorows plans:
-Get rid of antenna because its broken anyways.
-try to fix the hood prop.
-get some paint to paint a few items

PICS:

Attachment 12116
Attachment 12117
Attachment 12118
Attachment 12119

They can go alot lower. but those are my liked levels. hah

Rmetler 02-07-2009 09:21 AM

Looks good man, good luck with the swap,

Nickmerrone 02-07-2009 12:32 PM

thanks, i'll probably be having the money soon to do it anyways. so im kind of excited haha

Nickmerrone 02-07-2009 09:49 PM

Progress today:None.

Although I'm getting my hood prop through some guy on this forum. (:
Pretty cheap too from what i can tell. haha.

Plans I came up with.

I'm gonna buy engine enamel.

Paint the cylinder head cover
Paint the tow hook
hood prop
and a few other things.

Get an s2000 antenna..(is that possible to do?)

Nickmerrone 02-08-2009 01:53 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Alright so today i tackled the no starting problem...well somewhat..

Step 1:
what youll need(parts wise)

A battery cable that you where excited to find in your garage, and ripped it open.
Attachment 12097

Step 2:

Attachment 12098

Disconnect it from the intake manifold.

Step 3:

Attachment 12099

Disconnect the battery and take it out.

Step 4:
Attachment 12100
RIP THAT **** OUT!(that was hard.

Step 5:

Put the new one in.
Attachment 12101
Attachment 12102

STEP 6:
Get pissed because it still wont start,(im getting my battery tested tuesday and then probably getting a new one.)
And i also traded some dude a broken 900 watt amp for these. :)

Attachment 12103
Attachment 12104

However, I tried to hook them up but like there was existing wire, and like idk it was all mangled..But like idk I think im just gonna craigslist them both or just buy all new wire, i ripped all the existing wire out. but have no clue on how to wire it, my brother started to help but then quit half way in so i just freaked out. haha.