S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Show and Shine (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/show-shine-4/)
-   -   cf hatch glass options? (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/show-shine-4/cf-hatch-glass-options-23045/)

toycar 05-23-2005 04:23 PM

cf hatch glass options?

i just picked up a seibon cf hatch for my s13 hatch and i want to know if it can hold the stock glass? i want to put a stock glass on because 1. its an oem item, therefore i know it WILL line up with everything else, and 2. cuz u can tint it. im not big on weight savings. so if anyone can help me out and answer this id appreciate it! thanks.

i searched "hatch glass, carbon hatch glass, and acrylic" and came up with nothing that answered my question.

LA_phantom_240 05-23-2005 07:36 PM

i think youre SOL. cuz its damn near impossible to take out the glass from the OEM hatch... Either you need new glass, or you bought a cheap part... either way, youre gonna spend money

silviadriver 05-23-2005 08:22 PM

1. wats the point of buying a CF hatch and using OEM window? it defeats the purpose of buying a CF hatch. TO LOSE WEIGHT!! obviusly you bough it for looks. rice.

2. just becu zthe class is an OEM item doesnt mean it will line up perfectly with an NON OEM item.

also, seibon isnt cheap, so he did not buy a cheap item

your suppose to put on arcylic windows or something else, not your oem window

LA_phantom_240 05-23-2005 08:27 PM

well the metal part of the hatch has to weigh like uh... i dont know how much... but theres at least some weight savings... I may buy one when i repaint my 240. Im goin bumble bee style. CF hood with black roof, and ultra pearlescent yellow... its gonna be smooth like buttah

silviadriver 05-23-2005 09:58 PM

again, the reason you get a CF trunk is not to save the weight from the metal only, but for the GLASS!!

and putting the glass back on the CF trunk defeats its entire purpose

might as well overlay CF on your metal hood

BOMEX180 05-23-2005 10:43 PM

You can use Lexan, or some acrylic/plexiglass. I know somebody that traced his stock glass on a 1/4 thick glass. It was clean.

Using lexan or anything similar is illegal for daily driven cars( I dont know your state laws, but I'm in Cali).

YOu can take off your OEM glass by using a metal string, like a guitar string. Try to floss the silicone off the glass, which attaches the glass to the hatch. TO put it on, use silicone as well.

THank hatch alone weighs around 40-45lbs, Cf hatches weight around 10-15lbs.

toycar 05-24-2005 12:46 AM

im building a show car. i dont care about weight cuz im never gonna race it. if u lyk to drive recklessly in a car you put over $9k in just the exterior, then by all means go ahead. and im sure the guys im sending the hatch to can do it, it is their profession after all.

LA_phantom_240 05-24-2005 04:26 AM

Originally posted by toycar
im building a show car. i dont care about weight cuz im never gonna race it. if u lyk to drive recklessly in a car you put over $9k in just the exterior, then by all means go ahead.
Go the hell away. If you havent noticed, exterior mods do little to nothing when it comes to building a fast car. a-DUH. Show cars suck and reek of rice.

Now, the reason i would replace the glass with the old glass is beause lexan and plexi are a *****. The scratch easy, and they fade and get all foggy looking. If you really wanna save weight use it, completely gut the interior of your car, lose the a/c and power steering, and any power option for the interior. Personally i could care less about weight at this point in tuning my 240, im more interested in making more power and having it handle better. When i get more cash, ill start buying CF stuff... but until then i need power.

toycar 05-24-2005 01:12 PM

.... well have fun with your 10 dollar ebay intake and 15 dollar ebay mufflers. im sure you'll make LOADS of power with those ;) *bows down*

DriftOrDieTryin 05-24-2005 01:33 PM

Originally posted by toycar
.... well have fun with your 10 dollar ebay intake and 15 dollar ebay mufflers. im sure you'll make LOADS of power with those ;) *bows down*

dont start with that ****... not here :nono:

LA_phantom_240 05-24-2005 01:45 PM

Whos the one makin the show car, eh riceboy?
Shut up and go away noob, anybody can build a show car, not everybody can build a fast car. With that said, im finished arguing with you.

toycar 05-24-2005 02:30 PM

we'll see.

silviadriver 05-24-2005 03:10 PM

dude your making a show car!? HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA do you not realize they wont reward you points if your gonna use a stock glass haha your suppose to impress the judges by using an aftermarket glass/lexan as well

the only reason your are being a pussy about it and saying

"if you like to drive recklessly on a 9k car then go ahead"

its becuz YOU CANT DRIVE!! hence why you call it wreckless, but if you can CONTROL the car it wouldnt be called that.

face tha fact. you cant drive, so you build a show car to pose as you can.

i rather build a car invest 9k into it drive it around and have a blast with it, and if it rus into a wall, ill be happy

rather than build a car put 9k into it and all you can do is trailer it to the next carpet to park it on, then shove it in the garage until the next show event comes around.

i guess you live such an "exciting" life

you and RSXBADBOY should be lovers, perfect match.

toycar 05-24-2005 03:41 PM

sorry did i offend u? u sound mad.

silviadriver 05-24-2005 03:58 PM

no. i take amusement in laughing and making fun of others.

note the capital "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!

trust me, i dont get offended over the intraweb, more like others get offended by the things i say to them hahahahahahahaha