S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Show and Shine (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/show-shine-4/)
-   -   Changing HUD Color (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/show-shine-4/changing-hud-color-27866/)

Abdukted 10-31-2005 11:14 PM

Changing HUD Color

anybody interested in a cheap, fast, and tool-free way to change the color of ur HUD? well if u have ever worked on a stage u should have thought of this long ago. its called a light gel and i can get all differant colors and i can make any pattern u want. they look great and u cant tell its not stock. if yall wanna help support a broke enthusiast i can get the stuff and make em for yall perty cheap. anybody interested? hope so cuz i want to buy car stuff already :angry: !!!

Abdukted 11-01-2005 01:21 PM

all you do is cut out a piece to the correct size and slide it in place. it looks great and u can get any color u can think of. id tell u all where to get the light gel but i dont have any clue where to get it. my gf is going to see if she can order samples of the gels if anybody is interested.

Bryan 11-01-2005 02:00 PM

some s13 coupes had the digital cluster and a HUD

acfalconhawk 11-01-2005 04:56 PM

yeah, my digital speedometer is on the HUD, other than that i have analog gauges.

Abdukted 11-01-2005 07:50 PM

of course we get HUD in the s13 coupe so with that settled...anybody interested???

SxDrifstaar 11-10-2005 06:57 PM

Originally posted by Abdukted
of course we get HUD in the s13 coupe so with that settled...anybody interested???
SETTLED!? nah man not until i have my wor di tit too..I have a digitial dash in my 91 coupe and it projects to the windshield. and it's a US market nissan. ok, now that's settled, tell me homie, just where exactly can i find that light gell? i want a cool blue image.

Bryan 11-11-2005 03:46 AM

Originally posted by SxDrifstaar
SETTLED!? nah man not until i have my wor di tit too..I have a digitial dash in my 91 coupe and it projects to the windshield. and it's a US market nissan.
yeah...thats exactly what Abdukted was talking about, HUD in an s13...lay off the rock

D Grade 11-15-2005 11:22 AM

Originally posted by s13 240
yeah...thats exactly what Abdukted was talking about, HUD in an s13...lay off the rock
:laugh:

Shri222 11-15-2005 10:16 PM

yes i too have HUD in my 91 US coupe, so whats up with the color change, i'ed like red

D Grade 11-16-2005 01:46 AM

This is what I did to change the display color of my clock in my old CRX:

- Go to the hobby store and buy the transparent color brush on model paint of your choice. The paint I used is a company called Tamiya.

- Find a flat, hard plastic package off of something you bought out of a store, and cut a section to fit into the HUD display.

- Take your paint and paint one side of the plastic piece you cut. The more layers between fully drying, the darker and richer the color.

- Let FULLY dry

- Slap it ontop if the hud display, facing the dry, unpainted side of the plastic directly against the display.

:naughty:

SxDrifstaar 11-17-2005 09:08 AM

great idea! but i was way ahead of ya...i bought some candy purple, candy read, candy blue fascolor at my local r/c hobby shop. sprayed each color on some pieces of lexan sheets i had when i used to r/c. now, i got some really nasty and some cool color options to shoose from.
o, and yea, i wasn't high when i was talking about the HUD....i was just saying that UNTIL 'I' had a word about the HUD, THEN it would be settled. but it doesnt matter now. i was just shocked that some ppl never seen a HUD in the US before. but like i said, i dont care nomore.:D

D Grade 11-17-2005 12:31 PM

So just curious, has anyone found this light gel colored sheeting that was meantioned? Where abouts would you find some?

Abdukted 10-29-2007 04:45 PM

anybody thats into the theatre can find it i had an ex grab some samples from her supplier just find a community theatre and ask where they get their light gels

HKST04Z 10-29-2007 06:29 PM

my hud is broken, as well as my digital speed-o