A question about a sr iacv.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:25 PM

A question about a sr iacv.

Aside from a bad iacv causing a slow return to base idle and a "hunting idle". Would it also cause phantom misfire? When I shut the car off and restart it, it runs fine other than the normal symptoms I explained earlier.
Im running an apexi d-jetro ecu. So no maf sensor. I checked all of my vacuum lines and out of the 4 that I have they are all ok. Any ideas or info would be greatly appreciated.
thanks again!
Old 03-17-2010, 05:25 AM

Just an update. Yesterday I noticed its leaning out to 10:1 at wot. It usualy ran rich all the time, well not real rich but enough ya know. My next question to those of you reading, when I replaced the transmission last I messed up and forgot to disconnect the battery and poped a few fuses. Do you think I fried my ecu? Again thanks for all your help ahead of time.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by angrymonkeyS14
Just an update. Yesterday I noticed its leaning out to 10:1 at wot. It usualy ran rich all the time, well not real rich but enough ya know. My next question to those of you reading, when I replaced the transmission last I messed up and forgot to disconnect the battery and poped a few fuses. Do you think I fried my ecu? Again thanks for all your help ahead of time.
Well yesterday I found out I had my A/F ratios backwards. Which throws this whole comment in the garbage. Does anyone out there have any clue what might be causing this? Would an o2 sensor with bad values cause this. I noticed that it reads 0 volts sometimes at idle. What other options do I have to diagnose my problems?
Old 03-19-2010, 04:14 PM
Contributing Member

if you are tuning your setup.. are you sure all the values are correct?

PFC's are not plug and play devices even though the base maps are loaded. how is your MAP sensor hooked up?

Also the PFC base maps are made to run super rich under WOT to protect things. One thing to note...... even stock ECU's run rich under wot to protect things from exploding.

ps

please shrink your signature.. its to tall

max dimensions are

L600px × W165px

Last edited by Biggamehit; 03-19-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:06 PM

Hey dude. unfortunately i'm not able to tune myself. I wish I could. Im still on the stock base maps. As far as values I noticed the o2 sensor reads 0. volts at points. I know thats not supposed to be right. as far as the other values i'm not sure what they are supposed to be.

The map sensor is bolted near the shock tower, and i drilled and tapped a port behind the throttle body where the other vacuum ports are for the FPR and bov. There is only one vacuum line for the map sensor and its brand new.

This is driving me nuts, today i went over it again and i replaced the pcv and the o2 sensor. Its idling a little bit better but at like 1200 rpm it slows down and drops to 800-900 rpms real slow, there is air coming out of the oil fill hole, but no where else.

After a while running it starts to misfire. If i shut the car off and re-start it it runs fine for a little bit and pulls its **** again. WTF is going on I've never had this many problems before.

Im going to try a compression test tomorrow to see where I'm at I doubt its that but what the hell, why not.
Got any ideas?
thanks again

Last edited by angrymonkeyS14; 03-20-2010 at 08:13 PM. Reason: I didn't like the way it was set up. and i still don't.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:32 PM

You need to get a professional tune.

The Base map is only to limp you to a tuner
Old 03-20-2010, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Sileighty_85
You need to get a professional tune.

The Base map is only to limp you to a tuner
I know. The guy I get all my parts from flys an apexi tuner in from japan so I have to wait until he comes back to america. Basically I think i'm screwed and I wont be able to enjoy my car agin this year. Or I take it somewhere I don't know. what do i do guys? Im like fryin out on this one.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:25 PM

Contact this Guy Steve Shadows

Depending on your setup he can hook you up with a better tune

http://www.shadowerks.com/
Old 03-20-2010, 10:45 PM
Contributing Member

yea ... wish I was close to you.... I have been self tuning for a bit now. I also have FC datalogit which is an additional device 390-400 dollars. It allows you to connect to a laptop and unlocks the true power of the PFC.

no hand controller tuning at all.

Because of the type of person I am.... I recommend getting a turning book/dvd and learning... Pro tuners were once noobs also.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:47 AM

Thank you guys so much for your help. Im going to get in touch with Mr shadows. I guess its time for me to really learn how to tune by myself.
Now the FC datalogit isn't that just a computer program or is there something else you install on the car as well as the PC program?
Old 03-21-2010, 11:12 AM
Contributing Member

here you go http://www.fc-datalogit.co.nz/

it just allows you to link up with the PFC via laptop.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:48 PM

Cool man, I appreciate the heads up on that. I just found a place by me that sells them so I'm going to start there. Thanks again!