S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/)
-   -   Apex'i World Sports vs. Tein Basic (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/apexi-world-sports-vs-tein-basic-8142/)

SpAzZy 12-15-2003 05:44 PM

Apex'i World Sports vs. Tein Basic

wussup guys,

i'm not too new to the forums, but i haven't really posted much, i just read other peoples posts for info. i've searched long and hard for an answer that isn't there...

i know that both the Tein Basics and the Apex'i World Sports Dampers are both only height adjustable and that neither come with new pillow mounts. i've found both online for less than a $1000. $799 for the basics, and $950 for the world sports. i'm looking to build an entry level drifter, i mean, of course i'll try before i get any suspension upgrades at all.. i plan on using my 240 as a daily driver and a weekend/monthly drifter, depending on how often the track has freeruns. but i want to know whether either of these are made well enough to handle being pushed hard without blowing on me. which one do you think is better? in my previous car, i ran neuspeed sports with kyb agx and i'm kinda used to a stiff feeling ride.. i used to leave the front at 3 and back at 6 for daily driving. anyways, lemme know what you guys think about these two coilover setups. if they're not good, lemme know, i can always wait until i can afford something better like tein flex's, but i don't want to have to spend the extra money if either of them are good enough for my needs. thanks

simon

Silviaspeed 12-16-2003 07:28 PM

I'll say this much, if you plan on using your car as a daily driver, look into at least the Tein HA's, they are ride adjustable too and not to costly. They will allow you to change the feel of the ride depening on what you are doing.

l2aine 12-17-2003 12:00 AM

I'd save for the HA's also... if you can wait, then why seettle for something less? As far as daily driving goes, you might want to get a set of softer springs that you can swap out to handle the public roads... then swap back to the stiffer ones on your "Drift weekends" :thumb:

Evi| S|3 12-18-2003 10:02 AM

hey get the teins. i just istalled mine and it is a dream come true, i will never get any other suspension agian. you will not regret waiting for them.

Sizzzoooo 12-23-2003 12:37 PM

^^which Tein coilovers did you get?

Evi| S|3 12-24-2003 02:31 PM

the basics

barrigaS14 12-24-2003 03:45 PM

drifting is about driver control not car setup. you can drift with stock ****ty stuff and be better than the guy with a "full" drift setup. learn to control your car before investing $$$ into a car that you might not be good in.

ridesnowx4 12-24-2003 05:42 PM

yeah learn how to drift in stages.... practice with your car fully stock until you know exactly how it handles, then move up to the next level..

oh btw im gettin the Tein basics too... hehe:p

l2aine 12-24-2003 08:30 PM

Originally posted by barrigaS14
drifting is about driver control not car setup. you can drift with stock ****ty stuff and be better than the guy with a "full" drift setup. learn to control your car before investing $$$ into a car that you might not be good in.
True ... I drift pretty decent in Tein... S-TECHS :) :thumb:

bonomo 12-25-2003 04:57 PM

hey Evi| S|3 how much can u drop ur car and does the tein basic's ride smooth or somthing close to smooth

Evi| S|3 01-16-2004 09:42 AM

yeah it is pretty smooth but still gives it the stiff feeling i like them alotand it droped it 4 inches all the way arround.... i have the from all the way down and the back maybe half way.