S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/)
-   -   D2 coilovers (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/d2-coilovers-7806/)

chriswgsx 11-30-2003 05:23 PM

D2 coilovers

does anyone know anything about d2 coilovers. anyone know of a very aggressive coilover setup that i can pick up for cheap money? (less than $1k?):

barf: :

chriswgsx 11-30-2003 05:59 PM

i also just saw that the tein basic coilover kit retails at $899 for my car. I know that tein makes great suspension parts, but i want a car that handles very well. if kyb agx's and springs would be better, then i need something better, but for that kind of money if the tein basics are an aggressive coilover, then i might need to pick up a set for x-mas!!! anyone know???

l2aine 12-01-2003 08:13 AM

Originally posted by chriswgsx
i also just saw that the tein basic coilover kit retails at $899 for my car. I know that tein makes great suspension parts, but i want a car that handles very well. if kyb agx's and springs would be better, then i need something better, but for that kind of money if the tein basics are an aggressive coilover, then i might need to pick up a set for x-mas!!! anyone know???
Tein is a good company... some people say they're over-rated, but oh well. As for your questions, it all depends on your definition of "handle well".

The KYB & Springs combo is very well recieved by many owners, and the price is right. For coilovers, $899.00 is about as low as you can get for a full coilover system from a known brand name. There's a $600 Korean-made set on Ebay somewhere but it hsn't been tested yet. But you want cheap, I'd go with Teins. Don't expect D1/F1 grip. In this case you do get what you pay for.

Are you planning on Drifting, AutoX, Drag, or just around town action? Even with the KYB/Spring combo, your car will handle very well if EVERYTHING ELSE is setup to work hand in hand with the upgraded shock/springs. What I mean is, upgrading one section will quickly show you the limits of the other stock sections, i.e. tires. But I think I'm going overboard already.

As for D2, you're talking about the RS Absorbers right? Purple anodized with black springs, 36-way adjustables, etc.? Those look pretty mean, and I've heard they go as low as $600 or so a set, but I haven't heard or read much about anyone having them on a 240... and "D2" is too short to use the search :confused: :thumb:

chriswgsx 12-01-2003 03:44 PM

OK I think i might settle on an aggressive spring/shock combination. i used kyb agx's on one of my previous cars with an H&R race spring and it had a great aggressive feel to it. Can someone tell me what the best spring/shock combos are?

l2aine 12-01-2003 11:32 PM

Originally posted by chriswgsx
OK I think i might settle on an aggressive spring/shock combination. i used kyb agx's on one of my previous cars with an H&R race spring and it had a great aggressive feel to it. Can someone tell me what the best spring/shock combos are?

KYB AGX / Tein S-tech
KYB AGX / Eibach
KYB AGX / Whiteline

That's my opinion for "spring/shock" combo. Ask 100 people on this forum and you might get 100 different answers. :thumb: