S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/)
-   -   Do YOUR Coilovers Kick Your Ass? (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/do-your-coilovers-kick-your-ass-36652/)

dF 240eS X 01-01-2007 04:10 PM

Do YOUR Coilovers Kick Your Ass?

Alright well I have a 97' 240SX and I bought it with KTS coilovers already installed and the previous owner claims that he had the dampening adjusted to the softest setting and these things ride worse than any car i've ever ridden in. Going down a flat/straight rode I bounce up and down, and when I hit bumps it literally beats me up inside the car. You feel ever creek, crack and crevese in the road and it makes for a very uncomfortable ride.. so uncomfortable that I no longer see these as daily driveable..

So I would like to get some feedback from others about which coilovers you have, and are there coilovers out there that ride decent and still handle great? I was looking into possibly the Tein Basics which are only $900, but I havent heard any feedback yet on any other coilover for this car.

zenkislider 01-01-2007 05:23 PM

welcome to coilovers haha, thats just good ride quality, you just have to get used to it.

dF 240eS X 01-01-2007 06:16 PM

Originally posted by zenkislider
welcome to coilovers haha, thats just good ride quality, you just have to get used to it.

Are you saying you don't think there's one set of coilovers for the 240 that will ride reasonably decent? I dont expect it to ride like a luxury car, but my ride is extremely jarring and makes me want to vomit sometimes..

Im thinking he may have been mistaken or lied about the current dampening setting? Im going to take a look at the adjustment and see where it's at, i've yet to find the time to do so, especially with the weather up here in Maine.

motegineon 01-01-2007 07:09 PM

they should be very stiff but not bouncy, maybe he didnt load the spring correctly, that would def cause it to bounce around....tein basics suck

jspaeth 01-01-2007 07:28 PM

Yes.....you have to use the word bounce correctly.....

With well set up coilovers, your car should NEVER bounce, but it WILL feel very, very stiff, and you WILL feel every single subtle crack or bump in the road....

It depends on what you like, ya know....I'd rather have a "jarring" ride then one where I hit a bump and the car keeps bouncing....I also hate taking turns and feeling the car roll to the outside.

I have Tein Super Streets, and I like them alot....I daily drive with them set to 12 front, 10 rear (out of 16 stiffness)

Sure it is harsh, but it's supposed to be

Mika 01-01-2007 09:00 PM

love my d2's. theyre stiff and i feel everything on the road, also noticed a huge decrease in body roll.

Ayuaddict 01-01-2007 11:24 PM

wow, you have KTS and want tein basics... i should flame the **** out of you, i cant believe it.

zenkislider 01-02-2007 10:09 AM

^^LOL^^....BOdARED!

dF 240eS X 01-02-2007 03:13 PM

Originally posted by Ayuaddict
wow, you have KTS and want tein basics... i should flame the **** out of you, i cant believe it.
ok if you'd read my original thread you'd see that I was looking for feedback on coilovers because I havent experienced any other coilovers for this car other than the ones I own... so yeah take your flaming elsewhere, as I asked a legit question.

Darkvillin 01-02-2007 03:31 PM

Originally posted by dF 240eS X
ok if you'd read my original thread you'd see that I was looking for feedback on coilovers because I havent experienced any other coilovers for this car other than the ones I own... so yeah take your flaming elsewhere, as I asked a legit question.
i agree. he is a noob so we should help a bit. but he must also search for this kind of stuff. all i can tell u is that the tein basics do blow ass. i have two friends, one has megan racing street and the other has tein basics. i personally like the megan racing coilovers over the teins.

zenkislider 01-02-2007 03:36 PM

but i mean come on, the name is tein BASIC. lol

Zenki_SliderS14 01-02-2007 04:48 PM

TEIN FLEX TYPE FTW!!!!

dF 240eS X 01-02-2007 07:30 PM

Originally posted by zenkislider
but i mean come on, the name is tein BASIC. lol
How bout you cease the flaming, and maybe let us know a couple of things..

like, do you have a 240? Does it have coilovers? How do they ride? Make yourselves useful.. I got less flaming on SRTForums than this.

MS!3 01-02-2007 07:46 PM

I got less flaming on SRTForums than this.
cuz srt forums are weak sauce, 17x7 ftl!:eek:

zenkislider 01-02-2007 07:55 PM

Originally posted by dF 240eS X
How bout you cease the flaming, and maybe let us know a couple of things..

like, do you have a 240? Does it have coilovers? How do they ride? Make yourselves useful.. I got less flaming on SRTForums than this.

lol dude take a chill pill, yes i have a 240, no i do not have coilovers, there on teh way. Ive ridden in enough to know what they ride like. yes there bumpy, no they shouldnt bounce up and down like your riding dirty Peanut Butter Jelly style. but you will feel all the bumps there just stiff. check the dampening, it takes like 3 minutes.