Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

Edfc

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 10:38 PM

Edfc

Ok i got the Tein HE's put in, and im looking at the tops of the tower and im thinkin if i get the edfc will it fit? if you guys had to cut away some material let me know or will it just fit in. oh and tell me if the edfc is worth it. thanks
Old 08-26-2004, 10:47 AM
Contributing Member

Re: Edfc

Originally posted by 1viaDRFT
Ok i got the Tein HE's put in, and im looking at the tops of the tower and im thinkin if i get the edfc will it fit? if you guys had to cut away some material let me know or will it just fit in. oh and tell me if the edfc is worth it. thanks
You can't use EDFC on the HE's. Not only is the top nut too thick, but there has to be a certain thread on the center part of the damper where adjustments are made for EDFC to be compatible. I had HE's on my S14, but now I'm picking up my Flex/EDFC setup because I wanted the ability to use EDFC.

Give me about a week or two and I'll tell you if the EDFC was worth it though
Old 08-29-2004, 10:34 AM

yeah Raine, report back with that. My decision to get some Superstreets relies solely on whether or not the EDFC is worth it.
Old 08-29-2004, 11:26 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by swannjay
yeah Raine, report back with that. My decision to get some Superstreets relies solely on whether or not the EDFC is worth it.
Reporting in Captain!

Okay, with the assistance of Arctic and Incertain, I got my Flex/EDFC installed yesterday. I went out to the movies with my girlfriend last night, which was my first time to actually try the EDFC, and it is definitely WORTH IT.

Oh man, if you had adjustable shocks before (like I) and you drive hard a lot (like I) and you had to go in and out of your car everythime you wanted to make an adjustment (like I) then you'll appreciate the EDFC 300% more.

It's more of a convenience thing though. IMO 16 levels of damper adjustment are more than enough, and the "32 mode" that the EDFC offers is way too picky LOL

swannjay, I think you should base your decision more on how you're using your car, and if you got the budget. The EDFC doesn't "add" any performance to your suspension, it just makes it more convenient to play with damper settings on the fly.
Old 08-29-2004, 12:23 PM

My car is a daily driver/weekend highway-man. I'm also a perfectionist when it comes to suspension. I want sports car handling beyond what the car comes with stock. I think the SS might be a good choice for that type of drive.

I agree, the EDFC sounds strickly for the "posh." no offense.

I'll just stick to my plans of DF210/AGX/Camber Plates/205 tires up front.
Old 08-29-2004, 12:49 PM
Contributing Member

My car is a daily driver/weekend highway-man. I'm also a perfectionist when it comes to suspension. I want sports car handling beyond what the car comes with stock. I think the SS might be a good choice for that type of drive.

I agree, the EDFC sounds strickly for the "posh." no offense.

I'll just stick to my plans of DF210/AGX/Camber Plates/205 tires up front.
no offense taken... but honestly, after trying to make changes to my old HE's every 20 minutes (takes like 3-4 minutes to pop the hood, get out, dial in the fronts, jump in the rear seat, dial in the rears) you'll get sick of it quick. I'm a perfectionist too with everything actually, and because I like playing with settings to get that "perfect feel" the EDFC is justified.

Also, IMO the D2 coilovers are a better choice than Tein SS because D2's have the same adjustability as the Tein Type Flex, at a price lower than SS... and you can get custom spring rates when you order them, so you can choose how stiff you want them out of the box.

BTW I have never gone on a track with my car - it's a daily driver with mountain runs on the weekends.

Last edited by l2aine; 08-30-2004 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:04 AM

hey raine....glad the EDFC is worth it. maybe ill do the same when i get more money. i like the ease of use capability. but for now....ill be happy with ur konis and tein's.
Old 08-30-2004, 03:37 PM
Contributing Member

EDFC + Tein Flex works AWESOME on the mountains.

I like the feel too - much much more predictable than my old Tein HE's (IMO the HE's made my car too "twitchy")

Took on an FC turbo last night and handled it all the way up
Old 08-30-2004, 05:50 PM

sweet. is there a run tonight??
Old 08-30-2004, 06:57 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by S14Dude
sweet. is there a run tonight??
Maybe Tuesday after the meet...
Old 08-31-2004, 10:15 PM

its so sad to learn that i cant put edfc in ym car now sheesh that stinks damnit!
Old 09-01-2004, 02:47 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by 1viaDRFT
its so sad to learn that i cant put edfc in ym car now sheesh that stinks damnit!
yeah that's like one of the two main reasons why I switched to Flex
Old 09-01-2004, 11:42 AM

Planning on taking any pics with the Flexs'? How low is the drop?
Old 09-01-2004, 11:55 AM
Contributing Member

Planning on taking any pics with the Flexs'? How low is the drop?
I'm waiting for brown santa (UPS guy LOL) to bring me my new digital camera... then I'm probably gonna go picture crazy. As for the drop, I've got her pretty low right now - in fact too low, as the front wheels rubbed the inner fender liners on the mountain run last night
Old 09-01-2004, 12:17 PM

ya...that was scarrin you huh? crazy **** man....i LOVE where u mounted that cute lil edfc. it so crazy.

Quick Reply: Edfc