S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/)
-   -   Ever considered these brakes? (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/ever-considered-these-brakes-41129/)

txsileighty 09-07-2007 09:40 AM

Ever considered these brakes?

Just seeing if anyone has these, "the price is too good to be true"
but I never heard of them, anyone?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Magnu...QQcmdZViewItem

ryguy 09-07-2007 12:30 PM

Damn, thats cheap. They have good feedback though, so what the hell, why not? I might pick me up some of them mofos.

2fast4y0u 09-07-2007 12:53 PM

just remember...dont go cheap on your stopping abilities... its one thing to go fast but a whole nother thing to STOP

Rnz520 09-07-2007 01:17 PM

yea dont cheapen out on brakes

txsileighty 09-07-2007 01:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The info on there page sound legit. I think next pay day I will pick some and try them out. Can't beat the price, I'm not going to be racing and to test them not in traffic, maybe an old parking lot. If I get them I will let everyone know how they work.

battosaii930 09-07-2007 03:30 PM

on things that are vital i think its good to get known good brands just for peace of mind or if they brake and your die you family actually has a company they can sue LOL

i got brembo rotors they are awsome and not expensive

NiSmO Knight 09-07-2007 04:11 PM

Personally, I would just get slotted rotors and avoid cross drilled all together. Reason being is that regardless of the name brand, they eventually crack from repeated wear and tear. Besides, what good is it if you only get a very miniscule benefit from it? Cross drilled only cools it down a tad bit, plus our daily cars dont have the correct ventalating systems to deliver the extra "cool air" needed to utilize them to their full potential.

I'd say pick up a set of Power Slot rotors (for 240 and 300Z) although I dont think they have rotors for 5 lug 240, just 4 lug... why? I dunno, but theyre losing a HUGE chunk of the market.

But if you have 4 lug or you did a Z32 upgrade, go with Power Slots, we used their rear rotors for our Z32 rear conversion. Definitly worth every penny and cost way less than Brembo. If you want to pay close Brembo price, they will cryo treat the rotors for you too.

EDIT: Also, dont fully trust ebay sellers. This guy I bought items from sold me cheapy Chinese crap. I sent them back for exchange and its been a month now and no response from him. Paypal wont reopen my claim so Im stuck in a rut and out 200+ dollars.

neville610135 09-07-2007 04:18 PM

obviously anything with holes or slots will reduce brake life, but the point of having special rotors is to reduce heat by removing thin films at a time, and wiping off excess dust, thus removing more of the pad. my drilled/slotted rotors wear my brakes (cheapa$$ $15 raybestos) twice as fast as racing pads, or if i kept ****ty pads with OEM rotors.

ryguy 09-07-2007 10:51 PM

Plus drilled rotors look baller as ****. Hardparking FTW. Let's not $hit ourselves.

txsileighty 09-10-2007 07:49 AM

Thanks for all the input,

I've looked at the Powerslot and Brembos, very good brakes, I have Powerslot on my Celica, of course I only have it on the front cause Toyota was gay and put drums (rear) on the GT.

battosaii930 09-10-2007 02:55 PM

pfft the S14 zenki SE has better brake vantalation then all other 240s lol the lip has slots directing air to the brakes haha

NiSmO Knight 09-11-2007 01:27 PM

Not really... they dont have a specific direction from those air vents (so to speak) its just a hole in the lip really...

Correct or should I say, proper ventalation comes from the front (front end of the car) and directed into a vent tube / piping and right to the wheel well, directing the "cooler air" at the calipers and part of the rotor.

txsileighty 09-11-2007 02:19 PM

yeah anyone can make that, but dont you think its pointless unless youre racing. my 240 is for my daily driving, i doubt i will ever have time to take the car to a track.

NiSmO Knight 09-11-2007 05:02 PM

It is actually beneficial to still create the venting tubes / piping. It actually helps out more than having cross drilled rotors... to an extent. Now I might buy cross drilled IF they cryo treated the rotors. Hell, I'd buy any component that is cryoed. Who has ever seen a non-cryoed SR rev up to 11K and not blow up? Thats right... cryo-treated blocks FTW baby!