S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/)
-   -   Godspeed??? (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/godspeed-42943/)

ventturei26 02-10-2008 11:18 PM

Godspeed???

aight ive been looking around for some decent coilovers for my s14. i keep coming up with a brand called GODSPEED, i was wondering if anyone has heard anything about this company.

im mostly into hondas. i have a track 95 civic, and a 91 integra, but i recently purchased my 3rd 240 and i want to get it to the point of taking my civics thru the canyons.

i was thinking about tein basic, or super streets, but i really dont have the cash to drop on those. any advice or knowledge would be great.

Bryan 02-11-2008 06:48 AM

I personally wouldn't trust them, as far as I know they are pretty much an ebay brand so thats a no in my book. Tein basics are garbage, Tein Super Streets are ok I guess, if I were you I'd save up for at least some Stance or KTS (both are about a little over a grand and better than ebay junk), save up some man, pay to play.

TypeX180 02-11-2008 07:41 AM

tein basic's are trash..and the super streets are over rated...

go stance, kts, silk road..

...or be a baller and **** like JIC or Greddy..HKS..

jramosthe1st! 02-11-2008 10:12 AM

these Godspeed wouldn't happen to be the kamispeed would they?

ryguy 02-11-2008 10:34 AM

no that godspeed is some sub-megan ebay crap, although I think from the same manufacturer. They're cheap as hell, so if all you car about is ride height and dont actually do any kind of racing and you really wanna cheap out and dont care how they ride, then go for it. If not get something better. Like it has already been said, stay far away from tein basics too. There are other threads about entry level coilovers, so just search around a bit. Stance, kbee, KTS, Megan are all under or around a grand.

ventturei26 02-13-2008 12:00 AM

well thats good to know. sometimes you can find decent stuff on egay, just wasnt sure on godspeed.

ill probly just go with some kyb agx from my work and get some tein stech or ksport springs

should be good enough for now

trevr 03-02-2008 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by ventturei26 (Post 354741)
well thats good to know. sometimes you can find decent stuff on egay, just wasnt sure on godspeed.

ill probly just go with some kyb agx from my work and get some tein stech or ksport springs

should be good enough for now

I'm going the same route as you with the KYB AGX, just purchased them today. But will be using them with Eibach Pro-kits, and stock tire size 205/60VR15 Kumho Ecsta ASX which arrived late last month.

Can't wait to get them on the car once the snow season is over. I feel will be great for how I drive, and be just as good as basic coil over setup with addition of other suspension goodies.

Bumnah 03-08-2008 09:38 PM

i'd stick with oem springs and upgraded shocks before putting on tein s techs. those things are garbage.

silnismo 03-18-2008 10:46 PM

godspeed= blowhappy, crapply valved shocks.

end of story.

AGX's OR KONI's, take your pick if your on a budget.
you won't regret it.:ylsuper:

why go with somthing you know nothing about VS proven products????:banghead:

for the record:

S-techs > eibach springs

Ayuaddict 03-19-2008 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by silnismo (Post 359541)

S-techs > eibach springs

really?

a bunch of my honda driving customers have me install s-techs and they feel just like stock to me.

maybe my butt dyno needs to be calibrated.

silnismo 03-19-2008 09:30 AM

i had AGX's with S-techs and i was very impressed on how well the tein spring rates matched the AGX's so well! ride quiality felt like i was riding in a new beamer.

Now my new setup, konis + eibach prokits (came with the car) feels like crap. The valving on the KONi's are excellent but the eibachs are soft as butter and i roll EVERYWHERE!! did i mention i have F & R sway bars with endlinks too.

SOFTEST.............MIDDLE............STIFFEST
EIBACHS________TEINS___________RS R

TEIN SPRINGS FTMFW! not to soft & not to stiff, PERFECT.

Kaiser 03-19-2008 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Ayuaddict (Post 359566)
maybe my butt dyno needs to be calibrated.

wow......just wow.